Discussion NUF Goodbyes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Anra7777, Jun 14, 2021.

?

To Goodbye or not to goodbye, that is the question.

1. No goodbye

26.4%
  2. Goodbye, no explanation

9.4%
  3. Goodbye with explanation

50.9%
  4. Other (please elaborate in comments)

13.2%
  1. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Update Forum. What you’re currently on. :blobokhand:

2. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Think it depends. If the person in question is someone who's post you read or respond to frequently, it would be easily noticed they have gone silent. If its someone you see once in a blue moon or rarely respond to, you are less likely to care or even notice their missing.

3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I would remember to say goodbye, especially if I had hope of coming back :blobsalute:

Since I've been here so long and all blobmelt_thumbs

NUF feels like something I won't grow out of though, mhm... :blob_blush:
    So yeah, if I ever have to leave (hopefully never), I'll let you guys know! :blobtaco:

Unless it's an accident or something... remember what I said about mourning me at the one-month mark guys :blobsneeze:

4. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I won’t grow out of NUF no matter how long it takes me to return. This is a reading community after all, so probably an explanation with the goodbyes would be better:hmm:

Anra7777 and Traveling Chef like this.
  5. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I would prefer a good bye with a explanation. It’s kinda like a closure you could say .
    Oi! I would care if you left , I was actual sad when you left for a month and I would notice!

6. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't had people from here who broke ties with me cause of a quarrel but that would be the worst goodbye for me.

Second, but is on par with the first is not saying goodbye at all. I don't generally mind people leaving until it's the few rare people who I'm close to and shared lots of good times with. I usually get along with many people but there are some who I would really hate to part with. Amazingly, those rare people are the ones who chose to leave without rhyme or reason lol

So if ever, those people, read this without logging in, they shouldn't show themselves to me. My grudge is deep. blobmelt_thumbs

Lurking, Traveling Chef and Anra7777 like this.
  7. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it really matters if there's an explanation for leaving. Most of us don't have any intersection irl so it's natural people will drift away when they get busy or lose interest.

Anra7777 likes this.
  8. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

I...uh...am very guilty of always suddenly vanishing without a word, and I guess I have no excuse for that? Idk, I'm not good with goodbyes. I'm quite used to having people I'm close to going AWOL and honestly, I don't have any hard feelings with them because I'm the same type. :blob_teary: I just imagine that they're busy and one day we'll meet again and pick up where we left off.

I get more lonely (and/or worried) when they say goodbye and/or give a reason why they can't stick around anymore, because that feels like I'll never see them again. :blobsad:

9. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    It's sad if someone leaves without saying goodbye. But on the other hand, even if some people like me disappear without saying goodbye, it doesn’t make a difference. We are invisible.

10. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek: oh... I see..... I'll say goodbye when I leave then....
    But an explanation is gonna be kinda hard to give, it's gonna be better without an explanation....

Anra7777 likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones that hurt the most are definitely the times people just go poof... Especially if I had a close bond with them, and then suddenly disappear all of a sudden and never come back... It really hurts when that happens.

Traveling Chef and Anra7777 like this.
  12. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah well, I prefer to have the person disappear quietly from my life~

Anra7777 likes this.
  13. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Having an explanation would be nice but I wouldn't mind if the other person doesn't explain themselves.

Anra7777 likes this.
  14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    thorough my live I experience meeting, journey together and parting. as time goes......
    19636.png
    wrong character...

ehem~
    this cat always try to get used to meeting and parting~ more so on internet with it fast pace stuff~ sometimes there really no clear when we say hello for first time or when it become goodbye~ the precious thing is the memory of being together and thats enuf~ the worst is not realize it how precious those moment ya know~
    live.jpg

jii.jpg
    loading.gif

hooek.jpg
    this cat feel nyo good after typing such stuff
    19657.png

Traveling Chef, Lurking and Anra7777 like this.
  15. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    At least give a goodbye!

Anra7777 likes this.
  16. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    (>▽<)ノ I'll say goodbye.... To you at least before I leave for real

17. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    fade with time. i'll say a bunch goodbyes but won't leave ironically then. but when i do leave, it'll probably be slowly fading from the activeness over time and when it happens, probably not another goodbye then. for things i got interested in and then lost interest.

Lurking and Anra7777 like this.
  18. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... NUF is odd for me because I feel like it's not quite appropriate to say goodbye.

The main reason is that I always check back every once in a while, so it's not exactly like I'm totally gone. I mean, I really do log in every once in a while and read a few things on the forum here and there. It's never really permanent when I go through long periods of inactivity, and even when I look "inactive" in all likelihood I still see things every once in a while. x.x

I think the bigger question is when to say hello again?

I mean, at best, I'm only in a quasi-active state right now, and I feel like it must be disappointing if I'm just a zombie.... :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

19. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    i love to know why. but gradual fade. both are good.

Kinda what im doing now is gradual fade!

Am getting busy. But not disappear, just lurking.

If anyone inquires, i'll provide them means to continue reaching me. But if they dont, then we can continue to intersect, or not.

NUF means novel updates forum. inhabitants are referred to as Nuffians

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Anra7777 and Traveling Chef like this.
  20. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm actually, I'm used to no goodbyes. It just happens all the time especially on the internet. :blobsleepless: Like people just disappear you know? Or maybe the relationships just fade away. Heck, I do that myself :blobowoevil:. Also, I feel like the no goodbyes are more permanent.
    Usually, those who actually say goodbye would comeback sooner or later :blobrofl:

Also, if they were dying, I prefer to not be told. I would selfishly like to think that the people who used to be a big part of my life are somewhere out there, living well.

Lurking and Anra7777 like this.