Spoiler The Darkness Was Comfortable for Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Slayer66, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Slayer66

Slayer66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: The Darkness Was Comfortable for Me
    俺にはこの暗がりが心地よかった
    Author: Kon Hoshizaki
    Raws
    NU Link
    Description:​
    “I will have the 1,000 people I have chosen go to a parallel world.”

Chaos spread once those words of God were displayed to the whole world.

Kurose Hikaru, whose childhood friend had been chosen, was killed together with her on the same day she was supposed to be transferred. However, for some reason, Hikaru didn’t die and, even though he wasn’t chosen at first, he ended up as one of the [Otherworlders that will have all their actions live broadcasted to Earth].

Transferred without any preparations at all to that accursed land, he faced threats innumerable times and somehow managed to survive with his Gift, the Dark Spirit Abilities.

“I must not die. I am sure the people on Earth are all rooting for me after all…”

This is the story of a young boy who is tossed about by the gazes of the viewers, yet eventually manages to raise his head and walk forward.

The web novel is really interesting. Moreover, the author updates every 2 days. Reigokai found another hidden gem.

Kumoshiro likes this.
  2. Blank27

Blank27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey! It’s you again! Was looking for a spoiler thread for this novel just now and who would’ve known. Anyways, just wanted to check if there were already discussions here and surprisingly there’s none. I won’t be checking this thread as much as I’ll follow Reigokai’s translations instead.

3. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello ! I will put some VERY BIG spoilers because this thread feels kinda empty without spoilers. Please don't read if you don't want to get spoiled. I warn you, absolutely don't read them. By reading those spoilers, you agree that I won't take any responsability for spoiling you.
    The reason why Hikaru is considered as a criminal is because of the actions of his sisters. They already caught the culprit and had evidence that Hikaru wasn't the murderer. They could have make the criminal known, however, they had other uses for that guy. They made Hikaru look like the murderer of Nanami in order for him to gain a high number viewers. With a high number of viewers, he would have a high number of crystals and be able to survive in the forest. The sisters planned to dispel the idea that Hikaru was the murderer of Nanami and they planned to reveal the true culprit behind Nanami's murder. However, the plan backfired. "God" made a message feature for viewers and those viewers gave extremely hostile messages to Hikaru. Thus, it broke the mind of Hikaru.
    Hikaru manages to ressurect Nanami with an item. However, God made a second wave of people who will go to another world (300 people). He said that he will a second chance to people who couldn't go to the otherworld even though they were selected, so Nanami was selected. What a load of bullshit, right ? The criteria for choosing the second wave of people are people who have a great desire for going to another world. Thus, the murderer of Nanami was selected. At this point, "God" is definitely toying with Hikaru. What are the odds that the murderer would be selected ? "God" definitely did it on purpose. By the way, the name of the murderer is Ozawa Yūichi.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Neigh, SeventhTale, Kumoshiro and 4 others like this.
  4. suncust

suncust I love all fluffy things! ~

Reading List:
    Link
    spoil me moar!!!

God is a prick then lol....quite sure god is doing all this for entertainment.... also by resurrecting nanami, did he resurrect her on earth?

5. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Nanami ressurrected on Earth at the place she died. By the way, Nanami is unexpectedly agressive and possessive when it comes to Hikaru spending time with other girls than her. She gives me some yandere vibes.

There was still a use about the murderer of Nanami. In fact, some time after Hikaru reach a human settlement, God issued a quest. The one who has the highest number of views for a given amount of time will gain the item Jewel of Ressurection of the Dead. Lol, the God is clearly playing with the feelings of Hikaru. It is an item that allows the user to ressurect one person they care about. At the end, Hikaru failed because he broke a rule. He borrowed points to buy an healing scroll in order to save a girl who was his comrade. By borrowing points, he was disqualified from the competition. Anyways, Jeanne, the one who won the Jewel, came to Hikaru at the request of Karen and Celica, the sisters of Hikaru, and gave him the Jewel.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  6. suncust

Reading List:
    Link
    i see, thanks! moar spoilers please! lol

7. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Hikaru save a girl named Refreia Ashbird in a dungeon. She is from a family of knights and her older sister is a church knight. I don't know the exact term, but I think it is something like a templar. Templars must be proficient with using spirits. Refreia is affilated with the Church that uses light spirits. To become a Templar, the knights must be able to use a spirit technique called "Photon Ray"(Gacha is bad civilization !)
    She is very clingy to Hikaru because she is very grateful to him. She seeks actively for him when he tries to run away. Thanks to her, Hikaru's mind is slowly healing. Her assertiveness makes her able to approach Hikaru who always try to reject people.

Hikaru makes a party with her to explore labyrinths. She is with him when Hikaru receive the annoucement of the competition about the one who has the highest number of views (the number one prize is the Jewel of Ressurection of the Dead).

Hikaru is using her to gain more views as Refreia is very beautfiful, but he feels guilty about it. He is thinking to die as a punishment for using her.

Hikaru makes her drink a lot of Spirit Energy Recovering Potion to make her use more spirit techniques (using spirit techniques increase her proficiency). Refreia becomes able to use "Photon Ray", but she hides it from Hikaru. It is kinda obvious to the viewers though. Refreia was hiding the fact that she was able to use it, because it means that she would have to disband the party with Hikaru. Refreia has an older sister who is a Templar, but she is ill. Therefore, Refreia must succeed her.

He reveals that hundreds of millions of people are watching her (he explains that he is from another world and all that stuff), but Refreia still accepts him. She literally says that she loves him.

A Demon Lord called Marchosias appears in the labyrinth and Hikaru wants to subjugate him in order to gain more views. Hikaru participates as a porter as his rank as an adventurer is too low and Refreia participates a regular member.

Here is a description of Marchosias (MTL)
    "Marcosias: Demon King A Demon King with a wolf's head, a lion's torso, and a snake's tail. It breathes flames and is only low-grade, but it also manipulates magic, so ordinary explorers will not be able to compete. The Demon King is a special monster created only by "the spiritual power of chaos", and is the natural enemy of mankind who manipulates the spiritual art of chaos- "magic". The Demon King is created with a probability when the concentration of the magic vortex in the labyrinth is above a certain level. If the concentration of magic vortices in the labyrinth is properly managed, such a powerful demon king will not be born. It is possible to move between levels, and sometimes it crawls out of the labyrinth. The Demon King who goes out is destroyed by the hands of the Great Spirit, but if it is a powerful Demon King, it may overcome the Great Spirit. In that case, the land is dominated by chaos and becomes a demon world. The individual is a Viscount-class Demon King. The probability of the spirit stone appearing is 100% chaos. "

While fighting the Demon Lord Marchosias in a labyrinth with high-ranked adventurers, Refreia is heavily injured, so Hikaru is forced to withdraw from the competition by borrowing points and uses a great scroll of healing on her. He has a lot of guilty conscience because he realizes that his actions put Refreia in danger. He realizes that his suicidal actions can harm others.

At the end, Hikaru and Refreia manage to defeat the Demon Lord with Refreia using Photon Ray alongside other high-ranked adventurers. Hikaru gains the title "Hero" by defeating a Demon Lord. After the defeat of the Demon Lord, Refreia is rewarded and Hikaru denies any kind of reward with the excuse that he participated in the Demon Lord subjugation as a low-ranked adventurer and as a porter.
    The party is forced to disband, because Refreia must return to her family and succeed her older sister by becoming a Templar (being able to use Photon Ray is the condition to become a Templar and Refreia can use it). Refreia and Hikaru exchange a kiss under a full moon.
    Before Refreia parts away , Hikaru gives a flower that he picked from the forest when he was transferred in this world. That flower is able to heal the illness of Refreia's older sister, but Refreia doesn't know that.

When Refreia comes back, she is very conflicted with her sense of responsability that tells her to succeed her older sister and her feelings for Hikaru who tell her to continue her adventure with him. A doctor visits her family and he is shocked to see the flower that Refreia brought. She learns that the flower will be able to cure her sister, repay the treatment cost while having a lot of money to spend on on other things. Refreia no longer has to become a templar because her sister will take her place. Due to the values of the Ashbird's family that say its member must always repay their debts, her mother tells her that she must repay her benefector by marrying him.

She returns to Hikaru's side with her mother accompanying him, but she notices that Hikaru is in a party with another woman. Her name is Jeanne and she is an otherworlder like Hikaru. She picked the disadvantageous factor called "No affinity with spirit magic" and increased her physical stats. The "no affinity with spirit magic" makes her gain extra points, resistance against spirit magic (it also means that healing won't work on her) and unability to use spirit magic. Those people who have no affinity with spirit magic are said to be "hated ones" and people with affinity with spirit magic are said to be "loved ones" (Hikaru is a loved one as he picks that option when it was the time to transfer to another world). By the way, Jeanne has feelings for Hikaru.

Jeanne and Refreia fight in a duel to decide who will be in a party with Hikaru (shuraba !). Hikaru tries to stop them, but Jeanne and Refreia tell Hikaru to shut up lol. While they are dueling, Refreia's mother appears and talk to Hikaru.
    Hikaru and Refreia illustrations
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another spoiler. Wow that was super long.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  8. suncust

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for the spoilers!
    how did jeanne even get to like hikaru though? or is there an arc btw referia leaving and jeanne come swooping in to steal hikaru! also i guess it would get shuraba-er once nanami comes lols

9. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there was an arc between. All the girls are super agressive, so the walls that Hikaru is building are useless.
    His father is a gambler addict and the son of a yakuza. Hikaru's mother is the shittiest and most toxic mother. Did you know what she said when they talked through a video function ? She said:
    Isn't she the worst mother ? She is the type to talk without listening to others. When Hikaru was younger, she used to hold him responsible for the bad behavior of Celica and Karen and punished him unjustly. Celica and Karen learned to be "good girls" because they didn't want their brother to be hurt by their mother.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  10. suncust

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wao.... I guess its a miracle that Hikaru grew up normal eh.... Well normalish lol...

11. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    The duel between Jeanne and Refreia continue. Hikaru is talking to Refreia's mother and he is still confused about Refreia. He said that he loved Refreia, but they broke up the party recently. If he is suddently told to marry her, he doesn't know how to react.
    Mother:"Does the situation mean to marry that child named Jeanne?"
    Hikaru:"No, it's totally different. She's just a party member."
    Mother: "Party member? It didn't look like that ... Hmm ... Then, you can use it as a party member. It's already boiled or baked."
    Jeanne is party zoned by Hikaru lol.
    Jeanne says something to Refreia, but the others don't hear it. They continue their fight and Refreia uses a spirit technique against Jeanne, but it doesn't work on Jeanne as she is a " hated one". Jeanne defeats Refreia. Refreia will join the party and apologise for the misunderstanding.
    Jeanne speaks in French to Hikaru.
    Jeanne: J'essaie d'apprendre une langue (I am trying to learn a language) , then in the language of the other world. She explains to him that it is dangerous to rely on the gift of the Gods because they could suddenly lose it. Moreover, the automatic translation only works for the language in the country they live in. It would be beneficial for them to learn from Refreia.
    Hikaru and Jeanne try to speak to each other in their own language.

Jeanne: Quand je suis avec toi, j'ai l'impression d'avoir des papillons dans le ventre. (When I am with you, I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach)
    Hikaru: 『I don't understand French, so please speak English(フランス語はわからないんだ。英語で頼む)』
    Jeanne:『All right……You really don't seem to be very good at French(了解。……フランス語がわからないってのは本当だったようだな)』
    The chapter ends with Hikaru deciding to learn the otherworld language while wondering what Jeanne said to Refreia to calm her.
    Hikaru, just notice her feelings already. For those who don't know,
    Avoir des papillons dans le ventre (having butterflies in one's stomach) is an expression used to describe the feelings of love. It is often used by women. In other words, Jeanne confessed to Hikaru, but he didn't understand it. However, Celica and Karen will understand as they speak multiple languages.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    Neigh likes this.
  12. Blackpain

Blackpain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Slayer66, Im truly grateful for spoiler. Thanks to you I'm not depress anymore. About Nanami. Anyways This a harem so can you tell me how many lovers so far Hikaru have???

13. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that there are three lover candidates. Refreia, Jeanne, and Nanami. They are all aggressive and Refreia and Nanami give me yandere vibes.

Neigh, SeventhTale and Blackpain like this.
  14. Blackpain

Blackpain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler :)

15. Marshalter

Marshalter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to ask
    Is this a harem race? or is it a true harem

16. suncust

Reading List:
    Link
    feels like its gonna be a yandere harem race lol

17. Gremix

Gremix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one question, does Hikaru´s physical streng increase, or is like Takatsuki Makoto were only his spirit abilities grow?

18. Blackpain

Blackpain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the latest in WN using Google translation.
    Yes, He increased his strength using points bit by bit just like a game,(If understand correctly).

@Slayer66

I wanna ask about if it true, cause I'm using Google translation so I'm quite confused.
    Is true that the twin sisters are not his blood related?

Gremix likes this.
  19. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link

They are half-siblings. Hikaru doesn't have the same mother as Karen and Celica. He isn't blood related to that toxic woman.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    SeventhTale and Blackpain like this.
  20. Blackpain

Blackpain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the conformation.
    I miss-understood this paragraph damn, Google translation.... Sad I was expecting sisters Joining the harem in upcoming arc...

I have bet on the sex of an illegitimate mother and DNA-tested it, but unfortunately I and Karen were the real children of my father and mother. I doubt that my brother is also my father's child.I expected a fantasy of brothers and sisters with no blood connection ...chapter 130...