Best original quotes in novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CadeKatal, Jun 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. CadeKatal

CadeKatal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some really cool or funny quotes the author comes up with. Ive seen one that was really funny, "You dont have to run faster than i lion in order to survive, you just have to run faster than your pal.".

2. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    “By the way, Van, why is your physical body lying down and not moving?” asked Basdia, who had noticed that the physical Vandalieu was lying face-down in the corner of the room, completely still.

“… That is the one in charge of handling the depressing thoughts,” replied the spirit-form Vandalieu.

Beautiful

3. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Ardna and Halcyon Observer like this.
  4. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    "He used 1/1000000000000000000000000000000000000th of his power

Piuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwww

and 350,000 meteors fell from duh sky and suddenly
    everything went all bambambambam everywan was ded it was bloody it was awesome

'hahaha I used 1/1000000000000000000000000000000000000th of my power and this is the result you insects keke'"

- A Certain Masterpiece.

5. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it but I think I get where it's from...

Halcyon Observer likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Guys, please stop commenting!"
    - From a certain masterpiece.

Ardna and CadmarLegend like this.
  7. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Tell me, if there was someone who lived forever without growing old, what would she wish for?"

It's a question that just opens up so many windows to characterization and conceptualizes a major theme all in one sentence. Other stories about immortality that don't explore something similar are just wasting a prime opportunity.

8. Nepagear

Nepagear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some of this are not original, but this is my collection of quotes/sayings/motto of almost all characters in almost all of novels that I already read
    "One misstep, every following step would also be missteps"

"Sometimes, when people are too obsessed with something, their mind would become sick"

"Life, If it wasn't full of ups and downs it wouldn't be called life"

"The highest state of loving someone is not about giving her happiness, but be able to walk away when seeing she's happy"

"We have to rely on ourselves for everything. We can't always rely on others help for our whole lives"

"One experiences pain because he was to blessed in the past! as long as there's an unforgettable period of happiness in his life, then, even if he's in pain now, he's also blessed"

"It doesn't matter what people see you as. If you can see yourself as a person, that's sufficient"

"All that people need is just respect. But we are not destined to give everyone the respect"

"Even if you have the experience, you may not have this realization. Even if you have the realization, you won't have the ability"

"Men should always be able to endure and let go of things when necessary"

"One can only see the true hero at the crucial moment of life and death"

"One can only see the true courage and stamina of a person when this person faces the threat of dying"

"When one is supposed to let go of something, then let it go!. It will be painful if one doesn't let it go. If one let it go, everything will become clear. Letting go or otherwise depends on whether one wants to torture himself"

"Humans can't lose their conscience, there'll really be retributions"

"Enemies were irrespective of the degree of intimacy. Even if they came from the same family and had the same ancestors, as long as one wanted to kill the other, then they would be enemies"

"In this world, the developments of many things are vastly different from that which is presumed."

"Once evilness rears its ugly head, no matter what, goodness won't be able to suppress it"

"A person with a goal was filled with motivation. Without a life goal, one would be filled with sorrows and sadness."

"Sometimes, we have to consider interest. Sometimes, we have to consider humanity"

"The achievement of a man has to be shared with others. Others must validate him. If only you know that you have succeeded, and if only you delight in it, what's the point?"

"Men are naught but fortune's fools"

"Pity yourself, and life becomes an endless nightmare"

"I've never regretted anything I've done. I've only ever regretted the things that I didn't do"

"Evil expects evil from others"

"The words of your past are fundamentally unrelated to who you are now"

"The head may err, but never the blood"

"Being recognized for your efforts .... it's an impossible task. People are not particularly interested in efforts of others. Even if they recognized your efforts, they will forget it quickly, and instead....for much longer time, they will remember you for your mistakes"

"People lived to save themselves. You will understand that at the moment of your own death"

"What's mine, will eventually return. What's not mine will eventually leave"

"Sometimes, being ugly and dirty is actually a weapon"

"Here in the darkness, you learn new things about yourselves. Some are good, some are bad. Only one thing is sure. None of you will return the same as you were before"

"I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it" -One simple truth

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible" -Arthur C Clarke

"Parents can only give advice, but a person's character lies in their own hands" -knowledge

"If you want to trick your enemy, it's best to show him what he wants to see" -knowledge

"Life is an endless, unavoidable up and down. Once you are the one who is standing on the top of the hill it doesn't matter which direction you take, all paths lead you downwards"

"If you can't protect yourself, then don't protect others " -a simple truth

"Be everywhere at once and in the end you are nowhere. Believe me, it's true. God tried it" -A wise man's idea

"Throwing a chicken into the weasel's den is?- Feeding the weasel.
    Throwing a weasel into the chicken house is?- A massacre." -Making distinctions

"Darkness breeds evil and hides everything"

"Severe illness can lead to excessive medicine use, if you are critically ill, you start to arbitrarily use medicine as you wish, this will only lead to death"

"A great man, in life, must be cruel when the times are cruel. When it is time to joke, then joke. Plot evil schemes whenever necessary!. The reason was very simple. All these things were to protect oneself. If you cannot protect yourself, how could you think about achieving great things?"

"Being taught the path from another person is different from climbing to the top by yourself. Getting thrown by others, you would surely fall and end up dead"

"There are many things in life that we know we cannot do but still have to. Just as there are many things we know we should avoid but still cannot avoid."

"In life, there are many things that always seem ordinary, but when they are lost, they become engraved in your heart"

"What could be easily obtained would naturally not be cherished. The words applied to men and women. They also applied to love as well as wealth and career. A wife was not comparable to a concubine, a concubine was not comparable to a lover, and a lover was not comparable to an unrequited love. What cannot be obtained was always the best"

"People said too much happiness would become sadness"

"Human nature is a very wondrous thing. In certain conditions, a coward can become a dauntless warrior. And the greatest of heroes can turn into a timid mouse. In a dangerous situation, a reckless person could take over while a wise man could become more confused than a child because of one little issue."

"Sometimes, people can't be over-confident. Confidence is not far from arrogance and conceit"

"A real man of the world mustn't take a wrong step on his countless journeys. Even one wrong step won't let you return home. There is no turning back even if it is the road to the netherworlds"

"Everyone searched their souls, but didn't find any answers. But one thing is certain. One would only let the happiness slip away from their hand if they didn't have such courage. And, one mustn't say that they regret their past mistakes when one starts to feel regret later. It's because one's happiness was initially in one's own hand. And they were the one to abandon it. Therefore, they don't have any qualification to say that they "regret their past mistakes.""

"Love doesn't need a reason. It doesn't need self-abasing"

"Even the most heinous people have a well-founded reason behind their actions. So, I never listen to reasons and explanations. I only look at the outcome. Even the biggest or noblest reason would be pointless if the outcome makes me unhappy."

"Common people pursue love and romance. But who would've thought that ruthlessness is the key in this world. Or maybe, the reason why there are so many folklores about love in the world is that it's filled with so much ruthlessness"

"Place somebody on a field of death and they will fight to live"

"To conduct oneself in the society, one needs to put oneself in a deadly situation. An unbelievable ability may emerged within oneself after that. It will either cause one's demise or help one soar.."

"If you don't compel yourself to take command of your own death, then someone else will force death upon you. But there will be a way out if it's 'you' who forces yourself. However, you'll beyond saving if others forced you into it... So, before others can force you to death... you do it yourself in advance... then they won't be able to force you... they just cannot...The worst-case scenario would be death. However, you'll be relaxed to know that at least you can die on your accord... than at the hands of others..."

"Everyone only had one life. It was because of that, the decisions to stake one's life could be so meaningful"

"Beating a woman is apparently not the behavior of a real man. But, doing so for his brother's sake made him a real man regardless of anything"

"The raised children will one day leave the nest. A farewell always comes. Just being gentle and teaching them isn't enough."

"Sadness was the price to see it end"

"When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen. You will fall or you will be taught to fly"

"A wise ruler should not neglect minority opinions and give a careful hearing. Nevertheless, it would be foolish for a monarch to make decisions based on a single person's opinion"

" Fear is a great weapon if administered wisely"

"All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repair the evil. The only crime is pride"

"Darkness is hidden under the light"

"Power is fluid, so the method to retain it must also be fluid, sometimes you must have the courage to stand against the currents, sometimes flow with it, sometimes hides behind the background, and sometimes jump into the front"

"Eventually, all things decline, Everything falters, dies and end, Towers cave in, wall collapse, Roses wither, horses stumble, Cloth grows old, men expire, Nothing made by hand will last, I understand the truth, that all must die, Both clerk and lay, And the fame of men now dead, Will quickly be forgotten, Unless the clerk takes up his pen, And bring their deeds to life again"

"However rare true love maybe, it is less so than true friendship"

"There are no eternal enemies, only eternal interests"

"Sometimes the more ignorant a person is, the happier they will be. I wish you could have stayed carefree your wholelife; it would be totally fine even if I were to protect you all my life"

"Anyone who keeps being close with wolves will obviously learn to howl"

"People will show their true character when in a pinch. People who think about others while such situations are really precious"

"Don't be afraid that you don't understand. Be afraid that you are unlearned"

"In this world, you can't just pretend like nothing happened after you fail at something. Since it was done, you should be prepared for the consequences--no matter the severity. These are the rules"

"No matter how beautiful the dream, eventually, there will come a time when one still has to wake up from it"

"A true man can feel depressed for a short while but he will definitely not feel depressed for a lifetine"

"Good and bad; Life and death"

"Sometimes, when a hammer strikes down, it may crush many things… However, the thing that the hammer doesn’t crush, will become a sharp sword eventually! It will be sharp and invincible"

"In the wind of ice and coldness, I spent the night to be with you for the first time. For half a year we cuddled in warmth; for two hundred days we were in love. Who wants to leave in the morning; we can only keep each other in thoughts every night to come. I would rather break the firmament just to hold you in my arms for the rest of your life!"

"Sometimes, when a man was hiding without doing anything outside, as long as his social position was high enough, people would connect him to everything that happened outside, especially those great things"

"A man barely weeps, unless he truly grieves"

"Things aren’t going to just go as you wish in life"

"When one feels despair in life, to find somebody living even worse would be a relief, that was human"

"Isn't it beautiful to fix one's broken life… Heh heh… There are countless regrets in people's lives… If only everything could be fixed…"

"Everybody wants a life without pain and regret… However, life doesn't go as we want… As long as we are living, we have to move on. There will be lots of pain and troubles. There will be something we don't want happening in our lives. There will be full of regrets. When we turn over and look back to the past, finally, we realize how much we have already missed… Even when we finally wake up and realize it, there is no way to get back what we have lost, no matter how regretful we are… We have so many reasons and lots of sighs. The most ironic thing is… when we are right in the middle of a beautiful life we long for, we never cherish it, until it fades away… Life is full of choices, gains and losses… We kept getting things, but also losing those we had. You get this, so you lose that… When you lose what you had, you are still enjoying the happiness of getting the new. You won't realize that something extraordinarily beautiful in your life has vanished until it is too late. When you finally realize it and want to fix it, you can't, even if you sacrifice your life. At this moment, you find that what you have gotten is merely nothing… compared to what you have lost."

"He who won the war wrote the history"

"Nothing good comes easy. No pain, no gain. The harder you work, the more you achieve!"

"Only those who truly loved and made great sacrifice for true love can know how impossible it is to forget their beloved one."

"Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Just remember to make it right when you know it is wrong…Even god makes mistakes in his life, not to mention a human being"

"People without power didn't even have the rights to live with dignity. They could only exchange their lives for dignity. Even though they decided to make the exchange, they only had one instant to have dignity!. The world was always unfair"

"He who has no desire has no weakness. He who desires is easy to be controlled!"

"A man of great ambition does not bother about trifles"

"One who is weakhearted won't stand firmly on the ground of this world ruled by strength. A weakhearted and irresolute leader will never achieve greatness! Not to mention lead his men to a stronger and better future"

"The sufferings might be an inspiring story of those who eventually made a success. They would keep talking about it with satisfaction. It is definitely enjoyable to recollect the poor old days. However, for those who have suffered greatly but eventually failed, misery means misery, and nightmare means nightmare. It is painful and unbearable to remember!"

"Life is like a show. We must act well! Yet a show is always from the real life, then why should I act?"

"Sometimes you have to fight for happiness…Happiness is limited… Everybody wants it. One has to fight for it. On the way to happiness… we can't waste our time in dignity and courtesy. They are obstructions that stop us from happiness… After all, you get it or you don't get it. That's the only possible ways…Happiness is all the same in all men's eyes… You get it, then you get happiness. I get it, then I get happiness…"

"Happiness never drops into your hands… You have fight for it…"

"For a man, power was the most attractive thing. The absolute power was much more precious than money or beauty. In fact, a man with power could get as much money or beauties as he wanted!, If a man was not powerful enough, no matter how much money he had, he could have been robbed"

"One is scared by a rope after being bitten by a snake"

"One can never get all the advantages in the world! When you get something, you must give up something else!"

"Be careful about relationships… Do not give too much into it. Sometimes when you have done too much, you can't go back. Once you miss somebody, you will forever lose it"

"It is better to be a heartbreaker than to be left with a broken heart… Nothing is more difficult than having one after another sleepless night after she left."

"When there is gain, there is a loss. One can never ask for too much."

"Mankind was always limited. No matter how rational one was, there was still an irrational side."

"No secret in the world can last forever…We only get what we deserve… Being greedy is wrong. We will lose those that don't belong to us someday… We can't have them… It is already a great fortune to have what we are having at present…"

"Sometimes, when you are scared, the thing that scare you comes."

"Life is like a game of Chinese chess. It is difficult to predict everything. People could always be weak sometimes"

"A saying turned out to be a prophecy. It was better not to overthink too much. Sometimes the thought would come true!"

"Sometimes thinking of something by imagining how horrible it was would not help to approach the truth. Instead, a simple conjecture which was hard to believe would turn out to be the cruel truth!"

"The duty of men is to shield their women from storms and made the women happy. That is a man's responsibility in a family"

"Responsibility covers both sides"

"Life is just like a tea meeting. A meeting always goes to an end. My meeting is going to end"

"The world created everything to raise people, yet people always turned against the world."

"If iron isn't smelted, no matter how good the material is, it won't become great. When a piece of iron is thrown into the furnace, it had no rights to choose what is going to happen. It only accepts whatever is going to happen. Refining, smelting, polishing… Only after all those difficulties, it can become a stunning weapon"

"There is hatred and there is gratitude in the martial world… There is warmth and there is regret in the path of life…"

"Life is like a big dream; so much to be live with…Living in a dream and not being awake. Time passes, and a lot has happened outside the dream"

"When a man died, he died like an extinct candle. When a man was alive, people cared about him. When he died, he was just a dead body, that nobody paid attention to. It sounded cruel, but it was the reality"

"There is something we have to do in our lives! Even if I don't want to do it, even if I don't dare to do it, fate will drive me toward it. It pushes me over and makes me do it… Destiny will force me back to the path that I am destined to step on eventually…It will eventually show me a fork in the road, and make me choose!"

"Different people have different goals. You are not them. How do you know they are not happy?"

"Fate doesn't bring people good luck or misfortune. When somebody said or do something, there is no turning back. Regret is always late. Arrogance comes from ignorance."

""There is nothing impossible in the world. There are only things that you haven't thought of, but nothing is sure not to happen."

"Life is cruel. You are still you, but I am never you"

"Too much is as bad as too little. Asking too much sometimes brings you a great loss."

"Destiny was something one should follow. Everybody had a destiny, but people fulfilled their destiny in different ways. One could be supported by destiny, obey the destiny, fight against destiny, but nobody could destroy destiny. It was not something a man could choose. The only thing a man could do was to accept it or not!"

"If somebody can bear the pain, they can save the relationship. If not, nobody gets anything."

"There is something we should never do. Everything has a bottom line. If you go extreme, things will get extremely back on you."

"It is your right to love somebody, but it doesn't make you more important than anybody. It doesn't mean people should always step back for you and your love. Nobody has to sacrifice themselves to give you what you want"

"If the person I love lives in happiness, I am in happiness!"

"A man fears nothing standing with his brothers side by side!"

"One could choose to be good or to be evil. That is something we can do about the cause and effect."

"Everything counts in a limited life. If I can't follow my heart, why would I march to greatness?"

"People tell stories, but they are eventually forgotten. The pen that writes history is sharper than a knife. It writes stories and creates legends."

Ardna likes this.
  9. CadeKatal

CadeKatal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 invisible dragon

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It has to be Reverend Insanity for me