Keeping the hate alive...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by otaku31, Jun 15, 2021.

1. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who has noticed the disturbing absence of QI hate threads of late? Even the QI shills seem to have strangely disappeared... it's almost as if QI now considers NU beneath its notice— a thought almost too intolerable to bear. This cannot be allowed to continue...

And if that wasn't bad enough, even the indignation against Asian Hobbyist seems to have vanished without so much as a murmur. I am aware that Wuji's site could in no way compare to QI— those shady corporates, with their dirty money and underhanded tactics would never allow a small, independent site owner to trump them at anything. Nevertheless, its popularity among haters could never be underestimated... until now.

Perhaps it is the generational shift that has led to this dearth— an older generation of NUFfians fading into inconsequentialness as a newer generation takes their place, as it must be with life. But there has surely been a break with tradition somewhere in between, a break in the inherited collective hate that binds NUFfians.

On the optimistic side, new generations bring new customs— new hates, growing signs of which can be seen in the recurrent complaints against one Active Translations. But due to its size and the very nature of the complaints— lack of accessibility— it can never hope to achieve what QI did. Webnovel and Wujigege welcomed everyone, and were therefore hated by everyone. Active Translations IP bans; its lack of hospitality limits it, preventing it from reaching greater heights. And therefore, the younger generation of NUFfians will never know true hate, and true unity. For it is a shared hate against— that brings us together.

I wish to write more, but contrary to what my long threads suggest, I hate the exercise. Yet I never stop writing, for it is what keeps my hate alive. And so should you... write to show your hate, and let the expression of it bring us closer. Learn to love hate! Embrace it! :blobhero: :blobtorch:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    Cosmic_, Mr. Tired, DjB1 and 27 others like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    DEATH TO THE QINFIDELS! :blobwoah:

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I realized, why should I waste my time hating when I can be pirating?

4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a long time. The novel scene has grown vastly from its initial roots. There's more people but it feels like a lot of the community spirit and closeness has been lost over time. The nature of the scene has changed in quiet the few ways too. Well it's probably in a better state nowadays and I'm just being nostalgic

Plus people forget, people leave and new people join. It's been about 4½ years since the Qi drama and it's not really a short period of time.Nowadays any drama lacks the rawness yanno, I remember all the salt me and and many others felt during the QI one. The fun watching and eating popcorn over other minor dramas too.

Pacekot, Cosmic_, mir and 7 others like this.
  5. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped using QI once I realized that I would be reading like 3-4 chapters a day if I went about it legally, it didn't take me long to find a few straw-hat websites that allowed me to get what I wanted without pleasing the QI overlords with my money. I have no hate for a corporation, they are basically the predatory freemium of games in novel form. the problem is always the consumers who allow this sort of business conduct to continue with their wallets.
    :blobawkward: so why hate what I can't change? far as I am concerned I still get my translated chinese novels and the authors and translators, however exploited, get some money from the people who are suckered there. far as I am concerned its win-win.

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    It is called death of the older generation. When time passes, old hatred gets buried and forgotten by those of younger generations who never have a firsthand impression of the hate, only words from old ones. That being said, we will always have new things to dislike, after all, humans are always fill with dread and disgust, be it about the things happening next to us or the things to come.

Still pissed by scummy spirit stones man... even though technically I am a pirate/ someone who reads mandarin.

7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Why hate when you can act? I not only pirate, I pirate from webnovel's daddy - qidian. I use the forbidden evil act of MTL, and for that proudly bear the stigma of a heretic.

8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    There is nothing said that you can't hate and pirate at the same time. Bonus point when you do it just so you can rub it in their faces.

It also helps to fan the flames of anger and indignity of others who suffered in the hands of QI.

9. Wildly_Laughing

Wildly_Laughing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like everybody that has hated against it have now moved on. No use railing about a service that you and everyone you know no longer uses, especially when there’s free pirating.
    Anyone who still uses it has probably already resigned themselves to the forever increasing amount of paywalls and sloughing through the trash for the one novel among thousands that might be decent.

That’s prob why you don’t see hate for it anymore. Either way, it’s become a normal fact of life, lol

10. Tangshu

Tangshu Lady Of The Wind ☁️

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh...? Whats QI?

imK and otaku31 like this.
  11. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit you're digging up some old feelings

imK, otaku31 and kfahad like this.
  12. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reignite the flames of war!
    Qidian.jpg
    qidian clown.jpg

imK, otaku31 and kfahad like this.
  13. Xertz

Xertz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely! We need to reignite the hate so that we can provide them with free publicity instead of quietly continuing to read off of aggregator sites.

Fun fact: I wouldn't have known about the existence of webnovel as early as I did if not for all the hate spreading on WuxiaWorld years ago. I am quite sure that many others could say the same.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    ANonMouse, imK and otaku31 like this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't hate novel sites because i barely read any novel online these days... >.>

mir, reagents 11, imK and 1 other person like this.
  15. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Never even used the site you old timers walked so we could run we appreciate your sacrifice :sushi_thankyou::sushi_thankyou::sushi_thankyou::sushi_thankyou::sushi_thankyou:

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    meh~
    nothing new ne~
    need more despicable act ne~
    qws9.jpg

mir, reagents 11, imK and 1 other person like this.
  17. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    Like others I have set QI aside. Instead of actively hating I am now indifferent.

qidan the original Chinese source, English version is webnovel.

imK, Tangshu and otaku31 like this.
  18. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the old hatred stuff for the drama, but I don't really feel indignation since it's never affected me personally :hmm:

Dizaster, imK and otaku31 like this.
  19. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    All old nuffians are a pirate now, you're just disturbing the peace that's hanging by a thread..are you perhaps a revolutionary?

It's been a thousand years since the last war, and QI become one of the strongest now..
    So maybe the new era need a hero like you to disrupt this long lasting fake peace.

20. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god, this post is legendary. I'm dying... :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Villager Anonymous, imK and otaku31 like this.