How Do You Take Care Of Your Nails?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AliceShiki, Jun 16, 2021.

?

Akkihime-sama is...?

1. A lovely princess

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. The love of my life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A person so incredible that even Ophious and his harem are jealous of

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Secretly a goddess, just like Ai Chan

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. A very gentle and nice person

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Someone that takes good care of her nails

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. A person that likes polls with 7 options in them

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grandma used to cut all the whites off my nails with a pair of cloth shears. After years of bleeding and when grandma was no longer around, I switched to nail clippers. I only have occasional phobia now.

ANonMouse and Ai chan like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... T.T

Especially if you want to get some high quality ones that you can't easily find in a market... They are so ridiculously expensive... orz
    Wafu! >.<

I'm glad you don't bleed anymore at least... *shivers*

kkgoh likes this.
  3. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    At first I thought this thread was for ladies only. However, I only use nail clippers.

4. Munimuyi

Munimuyi Chili <33

Reading List:
    Link
    A nail clipper
    But I used to use both sharp scissors and a nail clipper

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I'm mostly interested in the replies from other girls, since I kinda expected almost all guys to reply with "I use nail clippers." and nothing else, which uhn... Well, just doesn't tell me much I guess.

If anything, I'm happy that not many people are saying stuff like "I bite them" like my brother does... >.>
    *curious* What made you stop using the scissors~?

Isaac20 likes this.
  6. Munimuyi

Munimuyi Chili <33

Reading List:
    Link
    They were always missing when I want to use them and not sharp enough ahh~

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do people take our stuff and put them outside their proper place!? >.<
    orz orz orz

Can't even imagine trying to cut my nails with scissors that don't cut properly... That would be hellish... *shivers*

kkgoh likes this.
  8. Munimuyi

Munimuyi Chili <33

Reading List:
    Link
    I can cut them nicely ahh~

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr...:ROFLMAO:
    I just replied because they did.

Ehh... Did you mean like this? :hmm::blobrofl:

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>;; I cut my nails with nail clippers...
    And I'm too much lazy to take care of them, as long as they're not dirty it's enough for me

KizunaAi likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Nusan and SquadCammander354 like this.
  12. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Nailcut em

13. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't use nail polish since I'm scared it'll get in my food.

Plus... I like clear/sparkly/pink nail polish the best, so it's basically just my own nails, but with much more extra work for a little more pizzazz.

I use a nail clipper for both fingers and toes~!

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
       ___
     /| ๑,,๑ | I messed up,
     ||  (•́∀•̀ ) | so I'll leave before
     ||oと  U | I get killed.
     || |⊂ーJ|
     ||/彡 ̄

XD

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    As a former model, here's some tips to keep your nails healthy:

1. Eat fish and shellfish. Seniors told Ai-chan it helps improve keratin production, and nails is just another type of keratin. Fish and shellfish improves the strength and thickness of your nails.
    2. Drink coffee. Just as caffeine reduces hair loss and improves hair growth in males, caffeine too strengthens your nails. Just drink it, don't apply it on your nails. Fully formed nails do not make use of caffeine. It's only used to improve nails as it grows from the root. Tea caffeine does not work, so don't complain that caffeine doesn't strengthens nails when you drink tea. They're two different caffeines.
    3. Eat oily stuff. While not all oil is useful, the most common cooking oils such as sunflower oil, soybean oil and palm oil are rich in vitamin E. Vitamin E moistens your nails and avoid it from being brittle. If it's brittle, it chips easier. You're probably worried about cholesterol or diabetes or whatnot. Don't bother. This is from a former model. Don't avoid cooking oil. While you shouldn't eat too much cooking oil, that's only because it would taste disgusting. Cooking oil in general does not make you fat. Carotenoid increases your mitochondrial functions, making your body more efficient at producing energy, this function uses glucose, which means it burns more fat. Ai-chan eats a lot of deep fried foods and Ai-chan does not get fat. Don't be afraid of cooking oil! Do be afraid of animal-based cooking grease though. Most of Ai-chan's seniors would not eat anything cooked in pork fat or beef fat, which means no tallow either.
    4. Don't use small scissors. Use large, sharp scissors and cut at least five milimeters away from the front of your fingers. Yes, this means you're not actually cutting it short, you're just shaping it. And there is a reason for that. Scissors are not meant for cutting nails. Please use nail clips if you want to cut your nails short. It's what its designed for. If you use small scissors to cut closer to skin, you will weaken the structure of your nails and make it easier to chip and rip. Your nails is like a long pillar. When you use scissors to cut the tip of your nails, the pillar of the nails closer to the root breaks from the rough treatment. Nails regenerate, but nails that have already left the roots do not, so you now have growing nails that is already broken.
    5. Don't bite your nails, for any reason. If you bite your nails, not only will it become jagged, the part of the nails further to the back will also be broken, so you have broken nails still growing on your fingers. Some people who bite their nails complain that they have weak nails. This is incorrect. It's not that their nails are weaks, it's because their nails are already broken. Stop biting your nails.

As for how to make your nails look pretty:

1. Rub your cuticles in baby oil. It doesn't make your nails stronger, it just keeps moisture in. That's it.
    2. Buff your nails. It doesn't make your nails stronger. If you overdo it, it can even make your nails weaker as it becomes thinner, but if you did as the tips above said, this would not be too much of a problem. Buffing your nails creates a smooth, shiny surface which means you won't even need to use nail polish on your nails. It will be naturally pretty.
    3. Wash away your nail polish as soon as you come home. Nail polish in general is waterproof and airtight. What this means is, your nails won't be able to absorb moisture and any excess moisture it has can't evaporate. This means your nails can be infected with fungus or just plain shrivel from being too dry. How can keratin dry out, you ask? Cut off a large piece of your nails, cover it in nail polish and leave it for a week. You will see what Ai-chan means.
    4. Cover it in cooking oil. No it doesn't make your nails healthier. It just makes your nails shinier without using nail polish. This works best if combined with nail buffing.
    5. If you have dry nails, rub vegetable oils on them. Yes, Ai-chan did say it doesn't make your nails healthier. But cooking oil moisturizes your nails and cuticles, which means your dry nails are now less brittle and more supple and any nails coming out of your roots comes out moister than the nails you had previously.

16. Jeanette

Jeanette Lemo's wife, Anra's heroine, Aliceshiki's Kouhai

Reading List:
    Link
    Blocky? oo) Senpai is using a straight line nail clipper? ^^) I like to use a curved one and file it down with a nail file so that my nails are smooth, no nail paint since I don't understand it~

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. Nusan

Nusan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (a guy~)
    i use scissors since all nail clippers in my home are too blunt for my nails, especially toe nails, so as too avoid "rip and tear" i use a pair of scissors...:cookie::cookie::cookie:

18. xnvesha.14

xnvesha.14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep my left nails slightly longer with a rectangular shape and I paint them once every few weeks and let it be till almost all the colour has come off. For the right ones, I cut them short and and don't paint them for hygiene and also because long nails are kinda inconvenient.

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    My nails are small so I don't cut them all the way, just leave a little space but still look neat.
    I use nail clipper but I don't use a nail file cause my nails are generally not sharp.
    I don't paint them nor go to someone for manicure-pedicure cause some people's hands are heavy and I don't want pain.
    I brush my toenails with an unused toothbrush and soap to keep them clean.
    And lately, I'm taking a hair, skin, and nails supplement to keep them healthy.

I think that's it :hmm:

AliceShiki likes this.
  20. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Nail Clipper ~