Request Amber Sword-I want someone to convince me to read it

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Jun 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked it at first but all the unpleasant parts started building up. Like saving a dying kingdom instead of running away and having a more stable start elsewhere, instantly accepting the feelings of brendel and his crush who is kind if annoying, the card powers are just weird and out of place in the setting of the world and considering his other abilities; why can a card summon a freaking person!? That's to broken an op. Night as well add one of those op systems with storage and modern day utilities in the shop I'd you gonna pull that BS, magical person appearing. The most I'd accept are animals and items, again saving the dying kingdom by working his way up from bottom and risking alerting the enemy forces to his presence......

Still it's not irredeemable, I'm wondering if it gets better and someone can convince me to soldier on and watch it. And no twisting words! (Someone told me RMJI had a wife and concubine but the concubine died to my horror, it's not really my cup of tea to see a lonely mc spending hundreds and thousands of years alone just getting stronger for immortality, the harem would've lightened the mood and make him more human and not stiff monk like man with a one track mind)'

2. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    If you need someone to convince you to read it then you are just forcing yourself and it won't be a fun read.

Rickymex, aShinyVaporeon and XIII like this.
  3. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He spent probably years trying to save the kingdom as a player, now he got a headstart wgere there's a bigger chance to save the kingdom. The Kingdom and Princess meant a lot of him. He isn't just going to ditch it like nothing.

As for the other stuff that's fair criticism (the MTG card aspect is weird) so as the other person said if you have to be forced then dont bother.

4. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was really good when I was reading it, but the TL took a break to draw furry pron or something. Haven't picked it back up since he started TLing again but I am sure it's still good.