Discussion Second Leads

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Negiomi, Jun 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    2 is more intressting then ML , and i feel like 2 Ml spends more time with FL the Ml does.. in some novels the 2 Ml is the most approrite person for FL but the story says that Ml needs to be ML i reall pitty those 2Ml

2. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is honestly the best way to inject romance into a novel. Conflict like this is real because it's not about artificial or superficial problems. If it's just some villain who needs to be defeated or something like that, it says nothing about the couple so it's less meaningful. But when the conflict is centered around how the personalities of the couple clash or how they are working at cross purposes, that's when the stakes actually matter.

Unfortunately, this story concept seems to be most writers of this genre. For them, the romance is supposed fulfill some sort of fantasy about idealized relationships and they wouldn't want anything to interfere with this ideal.

DewDropsOnMellons, aintg and Lurking like this.
  3. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed. It seems that most romance writers want to offer fluff for the sake of fan service, while in fact I think a fluff can feel stronger when the couple has achieved a well-balanced and healthy relationship. Like, there can be a sense of accomplishment that even the readers can also feel.

Lurking likes this.