Spoiler Just a Girl He Knows

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Junko_dream, Jun 15, 2020.

1. gyuterenbu_

gyuterenbu_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes i totally agree - I think her love for jaehyun feels a little bit more like an infatuation and a crush than actual deep love (hell at the start it even felt more like an obsession with an idealized projection of him in her head) I dont hate jaehyun at all, i really dont, but at the start there was a definite obsession with an idea of a person, instead of a love of a person’s character considering she barely interacted with him. But i think that they all definitely deserve happiness and jaehyun should get his closure, as well as some therapy with/without Jieun while we’re at it because the poor boy’s trauma.....
    Even hints in the story that point us to eunjae, like how he’s always there to support her at her crucial moments, never giving up on her and the way they gradually develop as characters together in the story - the picnic on eunjae’s birthday was one of my favorite moments because it really shows how theyve grown since they met imo
    Obviously its my own personal opinion when im im talking about things like how i prefer dynamics where they're just their normal selves, no acting and trying to be the absolute best version of themselves they are to try and impress them like hayoung to jaehyun, minseo to jaehyun, and how i find eunjae's maturity and adult level headed decisions refreshing (casual confessions are the death of me and he just pulls it off. so. well.) but yes!!!!
    team eunjae :>

2. gyuterenbu_

gyuterenbu_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    S2 EP10 is in fact alr up! kr ver updates every saturday i think so you yourself can enjoy a raw the day after an official eng ep
    hayoung walks w jaehyun and jieun together, jaehyun is confused w the situation and jieun is trying to refuse help from hayoung? I think hayoung then makes a joke about both of them (jieun + hayoung) being hurt by jaehyun and thats why shes just trying to help. (i think she looks a bit guilty?) as she leaves she still says something like 'i didnt ask for this/i didnt ask for you or your help' ಠ_ಠ after she leaves jaehyun apologizes to hayoung for canceling on her like that, she says its fine and that she wouldve done the same thing but is probably still slightly mad(?) because she punches him playfully but he remarks half jokingly that her punches are too strong
    a bunch of her classmates rush in to ask hatoung for help with hw, so hayoung and jaehyun sag their goodbyes and jaehyun remarks that jieun is really strange/acting strange

complete scene change to eunjae walking outside w his friend who doesnt say anything important i think????? its completely incomprehensible through the mtl
    eunjae looks like he wants to escape from there. his friend then asks about what eunjae is going to have for dinner after the academy (inviting him out, i presume) but eunjae has spotted hayoung so he tells his friend to go first (probably skipping academy) and then chases after hayoung (when he spots her and his eyes follow her i was immediately reminded of the time where hayoung says something like 'if you suspect someone is in love, watch their eyes because eyes cant lie' when he was watching minseo,,,,,, but now those eyes seem to be directed at her (。•̀ᴗ-)✧)
    she accidentally loses the bunny charm (that the bus driver gave her after their deep convo) off her bag as it falls down to a bottom floor/some weird place that is underneath her that she cant go to because,,,, shes wearing a skirt and all that
    so gentleman eunjae swoops in and jumps down to get it for her! they exchange some incomprehensibly translated words, before she reaches out to pull him up. he seems almost reluctant (?) to but as he pulls himself up he loses balance and falls over to the floor, revealing to hayoung a massive gash on his arm
    ~episode end~
    I CANT BELIEVE I WAS RIGHT TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM AND HIS ARMS????????? i usually suck at predicting plot points wow ◉‿◉ so the gash iirc is from when he was trying to make himself feel pain to tell whether it was a dream or not in the hospital at the start but now the real questions are why does it still hurt and how is it affecting him rn???????? im presuming the next chapter elaborates and hopefully has a lot of hayoung fussing over eunjae pls honey b im begging

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  3. rufa_ss

rufa_ss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked at this episode just now. And after hayoung leaves with her friends jaehyuns sees jieun when looking hayoung's smiling face and says strange? Like what sir? Now I really think that they are going to be together in this time too. I wasn't sure before but jaehyun can't get her out of his mind. He will always give priority to her.

4. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. I really wish that Eunjae would end up with her. I like how, he is always there helping and supporting her.

Jieun will always be a lingering thorn between Hayoung and Jaehyun. Its not fair to Hayoung. How long will she be patient with that situation. I really wish the author would make her move on from Jaehyun soon. I get it. He was her first love. She has regrets and she’s trying to make it up in this life. But girl, I hope you would also be happy with some else like Eunjae.

My theory is that the driver, Hayoung, and Eunjae already died in that car crash and they all went back in the past. So there is really no chance to go back to the future.

5. threeyearsky

threeyearsky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    heheh, thanks gyuterenbu! looks like someone responsible is finally here to provide spoilers :blobspearpeek:

So,
    Basically, since Hayoung's mom's surgery got pushed up in the timeline, Hayoung's afraid that her dreams mean that Jaehyun's bus accident will also be pushed forward and he'll die even earlier, because in Timeline 1 she only ever dreamed of him as an adult, but now in Timeline 2 she's been dreaming of him in his school uniform. And damn, that detail about the person's hair color, very VERY suspicious hmmmm :hmm:

Now for some totally unasked-for analysis, which I already cut down a lot more from what I was originally going to write, haha, and was debating whether or not to share it at all... but screw it I'll do it anyway.

Oh man, I totally agree. Jaehyun's only 17? 18? and it's not his fault, but there will always be that guilt that comes from being the cause of Jieun's mom's death -- it was her choice to save him, but she did die in front of their eyes. I think it's amazing that he's trying to move past his trauma and he's trying to heal with Hayoung, but he's also getting her stuck in the middle and expecting Hayoung to be the one to heal him isn't healthy, either. It's better than his relationship with Jieun, but it's still unhealthy. Jaehyun's kind of being stupid, but that just comes from being a stupid teenager who's still learning how to love and live. He really REALLY needs therapy, but ofc there's this mental health stigma especially in East Asia and a lot of people think therapy is for if there's something wrong with you, you have a mental illness, etc. Like I would hesitate to diagnose Jaehyun with any sort of disorder because I only have a rudimentary understanding at best, but even if he doesn't have an official diagnosis, I just think therapy is something most people could use in general.

And now for my Eunjae speech, Eunjae being best boy for the reasons all of you guys have mentioned before. Essentially, while this is kinda rough take for Jaehyun, Eunjae is someone that Hayoung can relax with, exchange advice with, tease, provide and receive encouragement from; meanwhile, the only thing Jaehyun does for Hayoung is... exist..... It's perfectly fine for those feelings as a crush or just "liking", but in a relationship it's heavily skewed in Jaehyun's favor. So Jaehyun is on the receiving end of a lot of emotions and healing, while it's unclear what Hayoung gets besides, uh, happiness? While relationships aren't dependent on tradeoffs, there should be some equal levels of investment, exchange of feelings, etc, right? Anyway I just like seeing the development of Eunjae and Hayoung's relationship, flat out. I just think there's something really lovely about the fact that they travelled back in time with each other, and simultaneously have similar levels of maturity but still properly learn from the other.

6. threeyearsky

Reading List:
    Link
    we're still talking about Jieun right? Honestly she sounds super sarcastic to me, "Fine, I'll explain. I absolutely can't let a misunderstanding to come up between you guys because of me." Anyway she does end up explaining (though it's skipped we see it in ep 9) but her smirk at the end of ep 8... yipes, still looks malicious

Hayoung is frustrated/depressed about the situation with Jaehyung and Jieun (Jieun got pushed down the stairs during the confrontation with her ex, leg is in a cast now, Jaehyun feels obligated to help her walk to/from school now blah blah blah). She wonders if it's too childish of her to be angry about it, but the bus driver says it's fine, it's good to be young, and that's what youth is like. At the end he proposes an idea to Hayoung [side note: please... show us more of the bus driver... my man is really out here handcrafting toys like nobody's business]. To me it doesn't really read like she's trying to help Jieun out, at least not completely altruistically lol, nor is the bus driver particularly inclined to suggest she do so

On Jieun and Jaehyun's end, Jieun is again super resentful toward Jaehyun and says they're tied together by twisted fate.* She wouldn't need someone to help her walk if only she could take the bus, but "we both know why I'm afraid of buses", "Other people wouldn't understand. But we do." She's about to say more but Hayoung runs up and crashes their conversation, grabs her arm, along with a huge smile hahaha, "Let me help you too, sunbae"

*aka "disastrous fate", tied together by fate but their relationship is destined to end badly, one that shouldn't have existed to begin with but now that it does, it brings only pain to them and those around them :blobconfused: Put it in an asterisk as I'm not sure if this was originally in the KR raws, obv I'm working off the CN ver so keep in mind some things may be lost or changed in translation as well ^^

Imogenpurrrrrrr, Bella94 and Korleone like this.
  7. honeymochi

honeymochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thank goodness there's a thread for this series! After I saw the scanlation group drop this, (at least, that's what I'm assuming is the case, seeing as they've been updating other series but haven't released a chapter for this one in 8 months. No judgment here!) I was left wondering how Hayoung and Eunjae were doing. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like this love triangle is going to be resolved in... quite a while, but that's alright! I look forward to seeing how they handle each challenge that comes their way.

Thanks for the spoilers, everyone, as well taking the time to translate each new chapter! ♡

Bella94 and simplysharonda like this.
  8. threeyearsky

Reading List:
    Link
    ahh you might not know it's being officially translated by Webtoons? here's the link: https://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/back-to-you/list?title_no=2113

we're just helping spoil for the episodes that they haven't yet reached! thanks for the appreciation still >_>

Imogenpurrrrrrr and honeymochi like this.
  9. honeymochi

honeymochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, oops! Yes, I actually had no idea that Webtoon picked this up! Thank you for letting me know; I'll check that link out as soon as possible.

I may have been mistaken on the reason why the unofficial translation was dropped, but I still want to thank everyone who's contributed to spoiling future events that haven't happened yet.

10. Xenoidmaster

Xenoidmaster New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk why but i want jaehyun and haeyong to get together. I pity jaehyun, he suffers so much. Pls jaehyun for the ending. Any spoilers?

11. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think eunjae love minseo was real, but eunjae alr grown up now, so what he had left is regret that he didnt confessed, and also minseo seems not suitable for some guys like eunjae, because she will end up devote herself more to him than herself, the future husband seems good because he supports her in all situation like eunjae doing now with hwayoung. Jaehuh is still a kid, of cours3 he made mistakes when it comes to relationships, but i am not sure he is hwayoung s destiny, he seems like one time crush

Ecstasy and pansikoser like this.
  12. pansikoser

pansikoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuhuhu thanks for all the spoilers. Im team Eunjae, even though im prepared for the Jaehyun route to happen any time

Lilyworld likes this.
  13. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, Eunjae and Hayoung all the way. I love their dynamic so much and the way they support each other. I feel like the Webtoon will be longer if the author has Hayoung end up with Eunjae, but more fulfilling. Still, I'm mentally preparing myself just in case the author takes the Jaehyun route so my heart won't be utterly crushed and trampled.

14. mstarlight

mstarlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, does anyone have any spoilers for the new chapters?

15. threeyearsky

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the wait, and just when I was getting motivated because my semester ended too. Unfortunately, HoneyBee’s father passed away and she went on a 2-week hiatus. Please support her by reading the webtoon from official sources as much as you can, by the way. So this also meant that the translation went on a break too, though probably this won't affect the English side of things anyway, and then I just waited until the next episode was out so we wouldn’t be left on a cliff @,@

More shade thrown by Hayoung, who says that she's helping because it's "our Jaehyun's" fault that Jieun got hurt. It puts her as if she's in a position where she can apologize and take responsibility for him (think like a mom apologizing for their child, etc) but it really draws a line between Jaehyun&Hayoung and Jieun.

Jaehyun tries to apologize but she interrupts him and says it doesn't matter, because she knows that Jieun fell down the stairs, not because of someone else but because of Jaehyun. So it’s a very much "Lee Jaehyun" thing to do.

Eunjae's friend asked him why he didn't show up for the test (because he was busy going with Hayoung to the hospital) .... After he gets the bunny doll for her, Eunjae teases her about carrying the doll, saying it's not like she's a little kid. Hayoung responds basically like, "Seriously... you have a need to say some obnoxious things" and Eunjae smiles.

Catching up to Hayoung realizing that Eunjae’s injury from before has resurfaced, Eunjae tells her that even though it previously healed over, it suddenly appeared again. When he told the bus driver, he said that something similar happened to him. The bus driver’s theory is that the world is recognizing they’re messing with the cycle of fate and they’re having a rejection reaction/being treated as viruses to the world.

Hayoung in shock asks if this is because she keeps trying to go against fate, if it’s her fault and that’s why things that should have happened later are happening ahead of time. She asks why he didn’t tell her this earlier.

In a move that only further cements himself in my heart, Eunjae takes her hand and tells her that it’s fine, she should do what she wants to. [oh well I’ll just do the whole thing, Eunjae is SO good.] “Didn’t you want to not leave any regrets, to live while following your heart? Or do you want to hesitate and then spend a lifetime regretting again? Weren’t you the one who told me so? No matter when, we can’t leave any regrets behind. Even though I wasn’t able to change the future in the end, because I confessed to my first love… I don’t regret it.

“I’ll help you… so that you’ll be able to find the answer that you’re looking for as much as you like with all your heart, no matter whether the answer is the right one.” EUNJAE, MY LOVE.

Anyway Hayoung has a dream of (student) Jaehyun being hit by a bus, wakes up, and on her way out of the house happens to meet the bus driver. They make some small talk and talk about Hayoung’s direct confrontation of Jieun etc and then part. Hayoung then runs over to Jaehyun so they can walk to school together. The bus driver recognizes Jaehyun with more shock, with some commenters theorizing that the bus driver was the one driving the bus in the original accident that hurt Jaehyun’s leg.

Also if HoneyBee’s previous major works (though there are only 2 that I know of) are anything to go off of, we can probably expect 3 seasons out of this series, which I feel seems right given the current pacing?

16. terpseachore

terpseachore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    S2E15: Eunjae just realised his feelings for our Hayoung through Minseo's words. My ship is sailing.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  17. pansikoser

pansikoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh gohd...i just realized that if this really is true and ever happens...we've just opened up the self-sacrifice route. LOL. i'm gonna leave it at that cause it's super long to describe.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    fierykv likes this.
  18. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. This is a reason why I really wish Eunjae is the ML. He's perfect in his own way for Hayoung. I hope she gets over her first love soon and moves in with Eunjae. Now that is a more realistic take on life.

pansikoser likes this.
  19. hadis77

hadis77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anybody had read s2 ep18? I realyyyyy nead a spoiler about this ep cant wait umtil next week literally dying to know what happens

Sahara_dsh17 likes this.
  20. booknook0410

booknook0410 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A few of the comments were already accepting the fact that Eunjae is the ML and not Jaehyun. As sad as I am that Hayoung won't (most likely won't, according to the comments) be getting together with the guy she came to save, MY SHIP IS SAILING!!!

But take this with a grain of salt because the comments might be right but they might be wrong as well...

Pansy25 likes this.