Spoiler Lightning Degree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lazyprinzez, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Lazyprinzez

Lazyprinzez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Korean Title: 비뢰도
    English Title: Lightning Degree
    Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
    Type: Webtoon/manhwa (I'm not sure if there's a novel, but I cannot find one)
    Current chapter count: 64 (based on raws from nwtki)
    Current translated chapters: 15
    Summary:
    Ryu-Yeon lost his father to a disease when he was only 10 years old. With the skill he learned from his father, he could carve wood into wonderfully intricate sculptures. One day, after completing the sculptures of his parents, Ryu-Yeon was greeted by an elderly man who was impressed by his sculptures. The old man saw promise in Ryu-Yeon and asked him if he would like to become his disciple. As Ryu-Yeon had nowhere to go and wanted to make the most of his life, he accepted the old man’s offer.
    ---

I cannot find any entry for this korean manhwa series so I made one instead to post some spoilers and promote it so that translators take notice.

This was translated by the same guy who mass-released the "Reader" webtoon translations but it seems like they were younger when they translated Lightning Degree. It had stopped having updates since October 31st, 2020.

It actually has a fun start, and it's interesting enough such that I couldn't help myself so I went to nwtki to look for the raws.

Pacing for this is well balanced in my opinion and it actually is really good. The art is also good, I like it and I kinda find the hidden-eyes look of the MC as endearing. He looks so innocent but he actually has personality and it kinda works with the hidden-eyes look. When his eyes get shown however, the kid looks cool (he has bright tangerine eyes).

A lot of people think it's only comedy but that's because they've only read 15 chapters that were saturated with comedy. It actually isn't. The comedy acts sort of a filter to mask the real things happening around mc. The constant bickering between him and his master distracts him from the pain he suffered in his father's death.

Don't get me wrong, when the plot advances, author doesn't hesitate to really show it. In fact, the story quickly turns dark just a few chapters after chapter 15 (the last currently translated chapter). It's around this tine when the story actually starts to pick up. I even sort of missed the comedy after this started. MC even almost dies at one point and we see how the master actually adores his disciple when he worked hard to treat the kid.

Anyway, I'll put a spoiler post after this thread opener. The spoilers will be based on the stuff I gathered from the raws. Although I can read individual Korean syllables, I'm not actually very familiar with many Korean words. I'm sorry, I'm only starting to learn Korean. If this were Japanese instead, I wouldn't have hesitated to translate.

Now before you read the spoiler, please read the 15 translated chapters first. There aren't much and it shows up on pretty much every aggregator site you can find.

I really hope somebody well-experienced in translating wuxia and murim novels/webtoons take this one up. Like every wuxia/murim story, this one has a lot of special terms usually used in martial arts so I'm assuming that's one of the reasons the previous translator stopped (it's either that or they just totally forgot about translating this because there weren't much readers who stayed long enough to really appreciate the story).
    That's all. I hope you enjoy this series.

PS: The image is not the actual cover. I pulled this one from Chapter 64 because I thought it looked cool. What can I say? I'm desperate at this point.

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Lazyprinzez

Reading List:
    Link
    They then timeskipped to his young-adulthood. This time, he did some little bit of clownery (at this point he's pretty much a carbon copy of his master especially in scamming people ). Regardless, he's still a frog in the well in this arc. You'll see what I mean at the end.

TRAINING/SCAMMING OTHER STUDENTS

The arc opens with the mc fighting a white tiger. This does not seem to be the same white tiger that was the pet of mc's master.
    When mc returns home, he found his master hunched over their tiger pet. The tiger pet was bloody all over and had a large gash on its body.
    It seems like the tiger pet his master had actually fought another white tiger awhile ago that she had lacerations that the mc had to stitch back in order for her to heal.
    In this arc, he trains a group of young people, disguised as "some white haired old man who is a master martial artist."
    The real martial artist who they were gonna be disciples of actually died accidentally during the bamboo shoot scene.
    Basically the old man was a master at using metal balls and rings to hit people and disarm them. But two dudes decided to rob him by the river.
    He fought them skillfully and was actually almost successful in subduing the two robbers, but the river was where mc was practicing bamboo shoot and when mc performed the technique, it caused a water explosion that startled the old master that he tripped backwards and hit his head on a rock. The explosion also caused one of the dead robbers' bodies to flip forward with the knife still in his hands and stab the old master.
    Mc found them and surmised that the robber killed the old man (who btw, also had white hair and wore purple clothes, albeit lighter purple ones).
    He buried them and made a grave for them. Then he found the master's stash and articles and realized that the dead master was taking in students. So he disguised as HIS own white-haired evil master and took one of his purple robes. With his blacksmithing job, he made those signature wrist and ankle weights as well as the heavy metal laundry paddles which were notoriously were more like bats than paddles.
    The students arrived. They were young men and women around mc's age (some may even be older). Two of them were a pair of gray-haired fraternal twins (different genders) who I saw crying in the previous arc when Rin's grandfather's attendant died after being killed by the metal-hand man. It seemed like the attendant who died was their father or a very close relative. I'm only assuming they were twins because back in the Childhood Arc, they looked like twins.
    Anyway, even though he was disguised, mc decided to legit train them. Everyday, he would give them the same hellish training he had as a kid and when they complained the same things he complained about as a kid, he would "teach them a lesson".
    Now, two of the students had some sort of love story going on and mc noticed this. The guy was one of the twins and the girl was someone else I haven't seen yet (or probably just did not recognize).
    After noticing the two, mc devised a plot and gave letters to each one of them claiming it was from the other person.
    The letter was the typical "I want to meet you at blah blah" sort of letter we commonly see during confessions. So both parties met at the same place and although they were confused because they didn't know who really sent the letter, the guy decided to start confessing.
    Except that the mc, who was spying from above, saw some stupid white tiger from afar, planning to pounce on the couple. It doesn't seem like the white tiger that the mc and his master knew because this one had a scar on its face. It seemed to be the tiger that fought the mc's master's pet tiger fought back then.
    Anyway, this tiger was targeting the couple and mc was about to move but then the tiger appeared and pounce on them. The guy grabbed the girl and protected her. They scuffled for a bit and the couple even ran but the tiger chased them and when the man covered the girl, the tiger's claws slashed his back.
    The mc then appeared and beat up the tiger as the couple ran farther but when the tiger still went after the couple mc got fed up and killed it. He then carried the tiger and disappeared, leaving the couple to do their couple thing.
    The girl tore part of her skirt and dressed the man's wound when her arms were around him to wrap the cloth around, the guy touched her hands and I assume he confessed. (Again, I didn't actually read the korean dialogue.) Yes it was sweet, but it was also definitely cheesy. Hahahaha Anyway, they were back safe.
    Later, one of the students was bullied and beaten almost to death by a group of the neighboring master's disciples. The young man was just minding his own business, fetching water since it was one of the chores mc told them to do as training.
    A bunch of guys with the same uniform (I assume they were from the same martial school) approached him rudely and kept bothering him.
    The young man was of course strong and he even took his weights off and beat the shit out of the few people who challenged him, but the other bullies' pride were hurt so they all ganged up on him.
    When mc and his students found him and realized what happened they gladly armed themselves up and attacked the bullies' grounds.
    (I began to think that maybe bully dudes were bothering the bullied guy because they were asking about the female students in the group that mc was teaching, but I could not be too sure. All I know is that one female student was particularly seething with anger when they attacked the bullies' school.)
    Mc gave his students the permission to take off their weights and they wiped the floor with the opponents' bodies even though the bullies numbered about a hundred while mc and students were only about ten or so.
    The master instructors of the bully disciples also ganged up on mc (seems like everybody in this school loves to gang up on people) but they all fell as well, miserably so. Because of this, mc was able to milk that school of their money as reparations claiming physical and emotional damages.
    Around this time (maybe it was before the bully incident, I don't remember), the legitimacy of mc's disguise was questioned.
    The students realized he was not the the teacher they were supposed to meet because that old man was supposed to be calm and kind and used metal balls and rings, but when their clan head heard of the capabilities of the white-haired old man in purple robes, he was reassured.
    The clan head of the students was actually the grandfather of Rin, the girl mc befriended when he was disguised as a girl back in his childhood. The clan head remembered the strong old man who saved his granddaughter and mc's lives and realized that the students were around the area where mc and his master lives.
    I'm not sure if mc lied or told the truth about the old master that died with the robbers (he was still under the impression that the robbers killed the master since he didn't know his bamboo shoot caused a little accident) but it seemed that the students were able to accept whatever he said anyway.
    There was a short scene at night where the student love birds kissed. The next day, all the students and mc were traveling. And every student commented about the kissing scene. Then mc revealed where each of the other students hid to spy on the two that night. He was actually at the top of the mansion where he was able to see EVERYONE as they were too focused on the couple. It was hilarious.
    Then we see the students travel without him as they retuned to their clan. They were tagging along with a caravan. (I assume this was the caravan of the bully school they subdued because they had the same uniform, but again, I'm not sure because I don't understand the dialogues.)
    During their journey, the caravan was attacked by a horde of bandits (yes, horde, there were about a hundred bandits). Next scene, we see the students emitting deadly aura as they arrived at their clan's gates. The guards were alarmed because of the aura at first but things calmed down when they realized it was the caravan of the students.
    On mc's side, there was a scene at night where mc arrived bringing sake and some food to his master. Of course the pet tiger was there too, acting as a fluffy back rest for the master.
    They exchanged a few dialogues and it seemed a little more of a conversation than their usual banter though I'm pretty sure they're talking like how bickering friends do.
    After this, for some reason, MC leaves his master the next day, leaving a letter. (I'm pretty sure it was because he grew kinda curious of the world when he saw his students off.) He ran away, but not after filling up his master's pantry, cleaning the house and basically doing all the chores. Of course, he took the kayageum he used when playing music as well as a special box, so his master was definitely angry. But seriously I kinda feel bad for the master, he'd be lonely again now.
    Ch. 64 on newtoki shows that black-haired young man who was killing everyone in the night. He was talking with someone I don't recognize.
    I also remember seeing metal arm in this arc though I don't remember exactly when that happened.
    Anyway, at chapter 64, we also see mc travelling in convoy with people who seem to hate him for being lazy but are kinda scared of hime because they think he's someone special, like a special disciple under the master martial artist he disguised as. Now as he travels, he's actually out in the world.

This is where the latest raws are currently at. It seems like the serious plot will start from here.
    I might have omitted/forgot some scenes. I'm really sorry, but this was a summary of 2 arcs across 50+ chapters. I really wish somebody would translate this because I think I made too many assumptions so some of them might be wrong.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  4. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  5. adgsgds

adgsgds New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, can you please tell me what "nwtki" is? I tried to google but found nothing
    very eager to read raws myself

Lazyprinzez likes this.
  6. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    What a great story. It's unfortunate that there's no English translation.

Lazyprinzez likes this.
  7. Redvelvetlove

Redvelvetlove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Lazyprinzez

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah it's newtoki! Sorry I have that habit. But you can find a lot of manhwa raws in there provided you know the hangul title of the series. It's where I hang-out to find spoilers once I finish the translated ones.:blobsmilehappyeyes: Not that I could read Korean at all though.

9. Vandalieu17

Vandalieu17 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a novel to this manhua??

10. twetamin

twetamin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope this gets picked up. I notice there are a lot of good Murim Korean novels... I hope we get to read them one day too!

11. Lanelly

Lanelly New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ein_77 likes this.
  12. BooBoo

BooBoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers??? The translators seems to be dropping this manga..l

13. alarmGLOC

alarmGLOC New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've found some watermarked rabbit, though its not translated, you can check it out if you want funbe.bid/비뢰도

14. Vandalieu17

Vandalieu17 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this get picked up in the near future:cry::cry::cry:........

15. Okabe_rintarou

Okabe_rintarou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's what I found. Is this it?
    In naver . com /novel productNo=581494#

16. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Yufrekou

Yufrekou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: In need of spoilers

18. Borahae

Borahae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited: added a few spoilers

Spoiler with a titleAfter going around the Cheonmu looking for class and getting along with the members of the perverted club, Ryuyeong decided enter different places despite the notice of being forbidden to enter. Then he found a beautiful pavilion. In the beautiful pavilion, he saw a beautiful girl and proceeds to steal a kiss her. She attacked him back.

Not mentioned but I'm sure it's Ai Rin our FMC

Ryuyeong and company went under another test in a cave. In there, a cloud that causes illusions of their great traumas appeared to the student. To Ryuyeong it was his master while to Ai Rin it was his bastard uncle who attempted to rape her. After Ryuyeong got over his test, he came to find Ai Rin and helped her. She hugged him since she was in the weak state but one of her followers saw the two hugging. A jealous guy named Jincheol decided to blast him after seeing how intimate the two. His plan was to run on her and pretend to save Ai Rin during the fiasco but she was quick to come on Ryuyeong's side. Jincheol was injured while many students were burried under the cave.

The first 15 days, the two kissed. Since they were desperate for some air, they didn't used fire. When Ryuyeong came under pressure, he decided to use his fist and his eyes glowed.

At 44 days, they finally left the cave. Ryuyeong found a way to leave the cave by destroying a part of the cave where river water was flowing. They followed the stream and appeared in front of a fisherman.

Oh and they brought thw body of the dragon.? That Ryuyeong beat up. The fisherman thought it was just a legend

There were 321 students, 151 were injure, no death (ugh Jincheok didn't die) 2 were missing. Since a month passed, the Cheonmu decided to place 2 empty coffins for Ai Rin and Ryuyeong they mourned for them.

During their mourning, the two reappeared. Their reactions were funny because when Ryuyeong appeared they thought he was a ghost but the moment Ai Rin appeared on his back, they shouted in unison.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  19. twetamin

twetamin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoilers! Will be be reunited with his “students”? And what if the master? Is there any info on him? I feel like he’s the blood god…