Recommendations Anti China novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Greenmachine835, Jun 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenmachine835

Greenmachine835 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay title sounds bad but here me out(you will understand me too if your a heavy WN/LN reader as well).

It seems any cultivation novel I read has some form of anti western bs. It’s always China number one shit(especially with moderns). It’s also not just cultivation but several different genres, but anyway I digress.

I guess all the racist Chinese novels have pissed me off enough where I want to see China lose or do badly(maybe lose to the “West” as that would be ironic)

No I am not Anti Chinese-I am just anti china number one bs and would like to at least see something that does the opposite for a change.

2. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost every KN novel is anti China and anti Japan so pick one.

Ice Demon, Atsumio, Calahan and 7 others like this.
  3. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, good point.. Honestly it's not just china. Depending on where the writer is from, the country will always be superior especially in the fantasy type genre...

4. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn’t it be best to read a western novel then?

Saorihirai, tabushechka and lottocat like this.
  5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not on this site, but I understand the sentiment

6. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link
    Like what? TBH I have read several Korean ones and have not seen that. I have more often than not seen Japan and America getting bashed

Fair point but there is a degree to it and china is definitely on the extreme side

Like what then?

Airlol likes this.
  7. Phaeous

Phaeous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah.. hong kong & taiwan writers don't have racism

tabushechka likes this.
  8. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I also want to read that kind of novel but unfortunately it's hard. Even other country make that kind novel, the Chinese will boycott the country and protest. Many examples been happen.

Their will say "our never done that thing" and make 10000000000 reason saying like that and say the author is anti-chinese and find reason to drop the author.

Greenmachine835 likes this.
  9. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Hong Kong still doesn’t truly consider themselves a part of China and also Taiwan is not even part of China(separate country)

Sadly it seems the Chinese fan base is both racist and hypocritical

10. kredding

kredding Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that it is no more extreme in Chinese novels then in American novels and movies. it is just more blatant. And China Korea and Japan are still half at war with each other. basically the same relation as America and Russia but worse. And how often does American tv show terrorist trying to destroy America or take our freedom from the middle east or from Russia? almost every movie as well

kkgoh and Isabelle like this.
  11. XiaoXin

XiaoXin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are looking for an actual really good book then read The Poppy War, one of the best series ever along with six of crows. It’s by an actual Chinese author too

tabushechka and Greenmachine835 like this.
  12. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I am very intrested-but I have to ask, it won’t be like throne of glass right? Start out great and get dragged down by romance right?

13. LittleFox21

LittleFox21 The Soon-to-be famous Nyatsune

Reading List:
    Link
    There's something going on in china atm if you don't already know, and that heavily affects how china goes ultranationalist. Doesn't help that they are actually the biggest country in almost every aspects.
    No, I don't hate chinese people, I just lament how the views disrupt their general friendliness over years of... Well. Pooh.
    I like products made in china, yes. I use chinese brand phone so there you have it.
    But I can never read chinese novels, one of the reasons being told by TS. The other one is the "over the top weird move names and still way more OP than the infamously cheat OP MC of jp isekai stuff that cultivates from fighting against similarly super hyper mega cheat OP cultivators numbering in more than ten times the population of earth but somehow plot armor is even thiccer than the censoring beams found in borderline ecchi animes"
    Okay rambling done.

Meph and Greenmachine835 like this.
  14. XiaoXin

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. I really hated throne of glass The Poppy War is in no way similar to it

15. Greenmachine835

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice nice. Last question atm then-what type of mc is she? Ruthless? Hero complex? Pragmatic(but not a hypocritical one where she says she is practical but still saves everyone)

16. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    because they aren't Chinese (HK used not to be, kind of)

17. XiaoXin

Reading List:
    Link
    Anti-hero, ruthless I fucking love her

18. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't Taiwan also china, their country official name is Republic of China because the party lose civil war in mainland and move the government to island of Taiwan and still claim all their former territory, but yes nowadays most people want to be recognized as different from china in mainland and make separate identity as Taiwan, it help that Taiwan also have native autronesia ethnic groups than just Han people.

19. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By MCs, I mean the MC, his lover, and their sect by extension.

Pursuing Immortality. The CCP is the MCs bitch. They both know it. China is weak because of Mao Zedong. Though that's just the cause and effect to be honest. The CCP never actually planned to help the MCs so when the MCs got strong enough, CCP became his bitch by default. And a lot of cultivators got wiped out because of the cleansing that happened. Then again USA is weak because of the infighting of the number of religious sects they have. UK is pretty OP, the other European powers are strong. The sects that fled away from China are pretty strong.

The MCs relationship with the CCP is give or take in a neutral way before. But CCP decides to fuck them over so they're paying for it. And true to the title, the MCs just want to pursue immortality. The MCs just view the CCP as a grouo that gives them resources.

Also, the translation got stopped, according to a review, by quidan. So there's that.

20. Phaeous

Phaeous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the beginning... but Americas a big melting pot, very individualistic, so its delusional thinking America's dominated via 'groups'

America post-apocalyse = rogue hero heaven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.