Spoiler Elizabeth

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1498852787142.jpg
    20210619_110430.jpg
    298b5aeac2abca2587f3d837c7434e7e470fad33_1116_1506_758242.jpeg

Title:
    엘리자베스, Elizabeth
    Novel Link: N/A
    Official Raws: Official Webtoon Link: Official Webtoon Raws: Author: Ma Cherie I 마셰리 (The same author who wrote, "Beatrice")
    Artist: Laphet I 라펫 (Novel), Lee Ruin (Manhwa)
    Year: 2019 (Novel), 2021 (Manhwa)
    Genre: Romance, Fantasy
    Status: 5 Volumes (Complete) [Novel], 21 Chapters (Ongoing) [Manhwa]

Description:

Elizabeth, the most beautiful young lady in the village who has never lost her dignity, lives in fear every day selling strawberries in the Forbidden Forest, until the Duke, who is in desperate need of a wife, appears in front of her.

“I’m called the Duke of Carluke here. My name is Matthias. I do not have a surname.”
    “Why are you taking off your clothes?”

I'm sure he’s a great man, but a strange duke from somewhere.
    And on the first day we met, he refused to ask me out, and on the contrary, he offered me to work as a handmaiden.

“I need a handmaiden in my uncle’s mansion. Elizabeth.”

The old lord's mansion. There was no handmaiden in that mansion.
    So there can only be one reason for making me a handmaiden of the mansion! Night service!

“I don’t want to! Never!”

The misunderstood romance fantasy of the innocent straightforward guy, the Duke, and the complicated young lady in the suburbs!

This is going to get a manhwa adaptation to be released on June 21.
    199618345_355353042674371_6518193765558898757_n.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    Emma626, Ceilo27, augacutan and 10 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Akioh

Akioh Hello, how are you, my darling, today?

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :cookie:

5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
  6. suzzy77

suzzy77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Raw Name:
    엘리자베스

Summary:
    Elizabeth, the most beautiful young lady in the village who has never lost her dignity, lives in fear every day selling strawberries in the Forbidden Forest, until the Duke, who is in desperate need of a wife, appears in front of her.

“I’m called the Duke of Carluke here. My name is Matthias. I do not have a surname.”
    “Why are you taking off your clothes?”

I'm sure he’s a great man, but a strange duke from somewhere.
    And on the first day we met, he refused to ask me out, and on the contrary, he offered me to work as a handmaiden.

“I need a handmaiden in my uncle’s mansion. Elizabeth.”

The old lord's mansion. There was no handmaiden in that mansion.
    So there can only be one reason for making me a handmaiden of the mansion! Night service!

“I don’t want to! Never!”

The misunderstood romance fantasy of the innocent straightforward guy, the Duke, and the complicated young lady in the suburbs!

Ceilo27, JimmyFalcon and syofiaa like this.
  7. Akioh

Akioh Hello, how are you, my darling, today?

Reading List:
    Link
  8. aqilwall

aqilwall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look pretty interesting. I dont like Beatice. I hope this story will be my cup of tea.
    There are 20 chapters of Manwha already.

diororo, Rin.rinaaa and Wapdyne like this.
  9. Deleted member 363076

Deleted member 363076 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ma Cherie loves dukes;)
    The storyline btw seems interesting. Also, the dog and his fetish for undergarments:blobxd:
    The Art is okay. Yup, okay. The backgrounds are all nice but the characters esp. the ML and his crew looks very similar, its very difficult to distinguish:sweating_profusely:.
    Looking forward!

Reeka98, augacutan, DOHere and 6 others like this.
  10. Farahlolita

Farahlolita Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for spoilers since this seems so interesting.

11. kali1

kali1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there's a lot of things going on within the first 11 chapters. Spoilers abound

We have Ellie our MC living on her own for whatever reason - high possibility of a fallen house(s) twice? She's just ended up running away when she was a kid. Not a lot of intel so far on her family backstory.

The Duke the possible ML who knows about Ellie due to "his" pervy wolf, Dharkan, that steals Ellies left shoes and undergarments every fortnight. The shoemaker that keeps hitting on Ellie comes to visit her in the middle of the night only to get beat up, gets dragged off by the wolf then in comes another character Oswald, the actual monster of the forest. Ellie has a 10 year contract with him that allows her to live in the forest under his protection in lieu of getting bitten at the end of the contract. The King? is aware of Ellie's plights with Oswald so the nobles leave her alone as well. Oswald does reference the Duke and his warriors as beasts. Then there's Theo one of the warriors who's just ahahahaaa bless his heart.

I'm trying to see where it's headed but my head is spinning after this rollercoaster ride. We do also see in the story that the Duke's men are from a different area/culture from where they are staying so there's it's noted how differently women are treated. They don't understand why maids are being brought in but it sounds like they are there for night service duties then becoming wife candidate or how the temple has its own brothel. So many questions, so many.

12. mariyaoi143

mariyaoi143 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ikr! especially the duke Mathias and Theo. Well, they are brothers but the only difference I can see is the earings Theo is wearing and the small wavy hair. sometimes hair also confused me.

Ceilo27, augacutan and syofiaa like this.
  13. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel has "Triangular love" tag. Im guessing its between Mathias and Theo Or the vampire, Oswald.

Random spoiler till ch20 of manhwa

Elizabeth asked to give her some days to think about Mathias's job offer. Then it mentioned a bit about her past. Elli's actually the daughter of a Marquess. But her family was framed for pagans and both her parent were executed. Her mom managed to save Ellie by moving her to her family's side (she carried her mom's maiden name). But her mom's family is only a baron so they sent Elli away to protect her from unwanted future political marriages. Elli's appearance really stands out, so theres no doubt some rich old pigs will try to marry her. So Elli fled to Aragon as a commoner.

The next morning, someone reported the law enforcement and they arrested Elli (accused her of adultery and murder WTF...)

She was saved by Theo (her "little brother" friend went to Theo for help) and he brought her to the Blacktail Castle. Things progressed rather quickly, she signed a 6 month contract to work as a maid in the Blacktail Castle(Im guessing its for her protection or maybe for exchange of saving her).
    Theo then showed Elli around the house. (Lots of conversations but I just skipped. And yea... Theo looks like the 2nd ML at this point)
    She stayed in the castle for the night. The next morning, she got stuck while looking out the window (I laughed soooo hard here). The men were being considerate and didnt want to intrude her privacy AND she was offered a room at the very top of the castle which resulted no one could hear her yelling for help. She was stuck there for the whole day until the NEXT day. Theo accidently saw her hanging out the window while he was taking a stoll in the garden. Mathias also decided to check on her around the same time. So both men got to the door around the same time and went in to rescue her.

Some thoughts:
    There seems to be a decent amount of misunderstandings in the beginning. BUT its portrayed in a comedic tone, kind of giving me The Stereotypical life of a Reincarnated Lady vibe. And Elli is smart enough to solve some of it on her own. She started to realize that the maid's job was probably legit after seeing how the castle is short staffed, and the men all treated her normally.
    Given the world build and progress, I sense sexism might be a major topic in this story. The men from Carluke treat women very differently compare to the rest of the regions, its almost polar opposite. In Aragon, the temple over sees the brothel business and they also let potential wife candidates work as maid first. While in Carluke, men date women before they decide marriage (thats such a modern concept) and they dont divorce. So its said the most desired quality they look for in their wives is faithfulness above all else
    MY THEORY, the men in Carluke probably are somehow related to wolves. It would explain their tall and broad figure and their manogamous principle. The vampire did refer to Mathias as beast.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  14. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is written by the same author who wrote Beatrice? Holy fuck she improved alot

Emma626, gametv, Nefroza and 3 others like this.
  15. Xinneth

Xinneth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am camping for spoilers~~~

Oh in chap 14 or 15 of manhwa the MC says that since she turned of age her mother told her she will be able to see magic. so, is she a witch/ mage?

Ceilo27, augacutan and syofiaa like this.
  16. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  17. misshan

misshan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the manhwa ep 15, the MC has just arrived at duke castle and still misunderstood, is it still long for them to clear the misunderstanding?
    When will it be cleared that MC doesn't have boyfriend?

18. Nefroza

Nefroza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers after ch20!!! Please someone??

19. sleepykid

sleepykid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna drop this manhwa for a while until the misunderstanding has cleared up and the FL and ML start to fall for each other.. it would probably be a little longer for me to read it again tho:(

Xinneth likes this.
  20. Xinneth

Xinneth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still camping for spoilers.....