Discussion Anyone notice that LotM's webnovel page changed? (Don't know how long the new cover's been there)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by aShinyVaporeon, Jun 19, 2021.

1. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, they renamed it from "Lord of the Mysteries" to just "Lord of Mysteries".
    There's also a new cover.
    [​IMG]
    Honestly, that's all, as far as I can tell there weren't any other changes.

Any opinions on the new name and cover?
    (I think the new name was pointless, but the new cover's a lot better than their old one.)

PS: This is old news, apparently the new title has been there since 2020 and I just never noticed *cough* This must be what makes people believe the Mandela effect...
    I assumed it was because the new name wasn't on the alt titles on the NU page. Anyway, I'm kind of embarrassed now haha
    Did anyone else never notice the name change?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Blitz and sekach like this.
  2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, since mysteries isn't a specific concept Lord of Mysteries is better grammatically.

And all those people calling it LoM instead of LotM will be right now.

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  3. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, didn't know there was grammar problems with it, I think it's well of enough as a title, like Lord of the Flies...
    You've got a point with the second part though.

chencking likes this.
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Lord of the Flies" is fine grammatically because readers know what "the flies" are. Just as you would understand the sky, the sea, the floor, the ceiling, etc.

But if I told you the thoughts, the files, the lights, the books, etc. then there is an implicit set of thoughts / files / lights / books / etc. I am referring to. And you would have no idea which. Similarly,
    "Lord of the Mysteries" implies there is a specific set of mysteries the title references. But as readers, we know in hindsight that the novel does not have such a set. So "Lord of Mysteries" would be more accurate.

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember venting about how the title would sound so much better without the "the" a few times before, so yay:blobtaco::blobtaco:

6. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the only reason that I'm used to there being "the", it feels weird in my tongue without

7. Preethu

Preethu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the cover changed many times before this one. The first time I started the novel, it had another cover, then again when I went to reread it the cover was different. This is again a new cover. It is really beautiful.