Spoiler The Predatory Marriage Between the King and the Paladin/국왕과 성기사의 약탈혼

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by BooBoo, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don’t know where you got that “everyone” from but in relation to TAE (I haven’t read the other), I’ve seen countless people trash 1st TL Ruve, to the point where even I who didn’t like him was tired of seeing all the hate comments. Also I could be wrong but I don’t think that anyone ever tried the justify what 1st TL Ruve did (it was 100% wrong and messed up no debate) but more so bring up the argument that 1st TL Ruve and 2nd TL Ruve were different people, which most people that criticize him still refuse to believe.

Since you didn’t really say I’m just going to assume your not talking about smut manga because I’m sorry for anyone who takes those plots seriously...Apart from that though, I think the reason for this is because everyone interprets/rates things differently (of course that doesn’t make it right) especially based on what they read for. The people that read lightheartedly mainly for the romance/fluff in the story would tend to ignore/easily forgive the ML for the things he’s done in the past and rate the manhwa solely based on the positives whereas the people who are actually reading for the plot will call out all the bs cliches and rate based on both the negatives and positives.

Again I don’t know where you got “everyone” from but I don’t really agree with this part (not about giving the FL a chance) mainly because what you said is implying that every ML gets instantly forgiven which isn’t true. Apart from Ruve, I remember when “The Flower Dance and The Wind Song” got adapted into a manhwa people just instantly blamed Harsen for everything that went wrong in Ercella’s life and refused to look at it from his perspective. I’m willing to forgive the FL but of course she has to actually regret the things shes done the ML and proves that’s she remorseful about it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Nadjocr, sets_trans, Le_Tired and 3 others like this.
  2. Den Rise

Den Rise Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As you said I was not talking about smut because the plots are often ridiculous and (although I think it is disgusting) rape is seen almost as arousing, but I cannot say anything about these stories because they are developed on a more sexual side than on the real plot.
    Maybe I wrote while I was too angry but it really bothers me that now that in this manhwa the FL is the powerful and dominant one while the ML is the sub one many criticize the plot.

I was wrong to generalize by saying "everyone" but while I was reading the manhwa scans practically all the comments were literally: "Respect your husband", "I don't think to continue this manhwa since there is rape, too bad the art was nice" and others that they insulted the FL

Few have appreciated that for once the roles are reversed and the FL is in a dominant position and the fact that this manhwa was like a "parody" of the usual manhwa but with reverse roles (in fact I also love Melissa from Beware of the Villainess )

I was not angry because there were people criticizing the story, the plot is quite common and we have seen it many times with the ML being the dominant CEO / crown prince etc ... and the FL the little white lotus, and also if there was something as horrible as rape people would argue for hours about whether ML was ultimately valid or not

While in this case I have seen that the FL has been criticized by practically everyone and the people who give it a chance are few. it is obvious that there is controversy after all it is a controversial topic, but I would have liked a little more solidarity instead of immediately canceling the FL

Biakushi, Rikkujin, Taruna and 2 others like this.
  3. TripleBaka

TripleBaka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue I have is that the FL raped the ML over a misunderstanding. There is no solidarity or validation because she raped him for no reason. He even tried to explain but she refused or didn’t care. The whole thing could had been resolved if they talked but it’s avoided prolong explaining for drama sake. So by the time it gets cleared, she’s either going to shrug it off (or the plot does because he loves her,) or it’s going to be downplayed. It’s not like the smut story “I want to beep you,” which is so outrageous it’s hilarious but still rape and sort of disgusting, but a story with a plot and some sex. People are praising the FL for raping a man for no reason. The whole thing makes me mad which is why I dropped it.

I’m only barely lurking to see how long the misunderstanding last. After that I’m bounce. I don’t even care about the ending and if the misunderstanding last until the ending or worse never gets resolved I’m leave earlier than that. This is the only story that’s annoyed me this much.

edit: Figured out how to get in Naver but the chapters are all paid with a weird cookie system that I can’t figure out.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Le_Tired and Furiae19 like this.
  4. dvxt

dvxt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone please give me spoilers from the novel I am so curious about the story

5. NocturnalLa77ie

NocturnalLa77ie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers?? I just read the manhwa and I'm curious on how the drama will ensue. I don't like the rape either, but as to why she can commit such acts, it seems there was a catalyst and is actually now a tyrant. I'm curious about the ml, about how he comes off as submissive... The matter about the ring too. Ahhhhh I'm so curious!! I rarely read dark manhwas but I'll give this a shot.

6. WisteriaAsia

WisteriaAsia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please

Daisychangedhermind likes this.
  7. DyzZ

DyzZ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on their past, calli wants to pray to god for her sick mother but she lost so she met ez in a peaceful place and asking for a guide. but that time ez cannot speak because it's a time that you can't talk so he guides her without talking and using some sign like nodding smthing like that. when calli praying and curse the government she cries and ez gives his handkerchief and suddenly confide to ez because she thinks that ez cannot speak.
    as soon as time pass by, they went to a room because calli is hungry and ez gives him a bread without a taste in it. And ez finally speak to calli and calli was shocked she thinks that ez cannot speak and run from embarassment LOL.

I see they already love each other however, because ez thinks he doesn't deserve it so they still can't be together. But Calli often tells him that she wants to marry someone like Ez and ez immediately blushed omgomg so I think the safehouse was made for both of them

Sorry for my poor english i hope you can understand what i mean hope this helpful for you guys

8. Jazmin 13

Jazmin 13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youu!! May I ask where are you reading the novel/manhwa? I really want to read it please ❤️

boom2424 likes this.
  9. DyzZ

DyzZ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't know if i can spoils you the translation because it is illegal, its update to 20 chapter and the translation isn't in english it is translated in my native language sorry, if i found a english translation i might share it to you :)

ErryChu likes this.
  10. Manhwalover2

Manhwalover2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, from what i read until ch 20

Ez loves calli since before. But he knows calli is a noble, while he just a poor commoner. He said it himself, if only he is a noble....

So, i think the safe house is something ez prepared for him and calli in the future.

Also, about raping. I dont think its pure rape, on the 1st night, ez called her name, callie, and he just do everything calli one. Yes, aphrodisiac helps.

And in another chapter, ez having se* with her willfully. He keep blushin, and has tender expression with calli.

seems like our native is the same

11. Jazmin 13

Jazmin 13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you sm for sharing that! I was really curious about the next chapters

12. Just_Call_Me_Leanne

Just_Call_Me_Leanne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna camp here for spo:aww::blobpopcorn_cool:ilers

Daisychangedhermind likes this.
  13. xDragonFlyx

xDragonFlyx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh if the fl was a male, people would’ve hate her character. But since the people are seeing positions flipped and praising the fl I think it’s new to them and I think we both can agree it’s interesting. In the beginning I don’t like the fl cause she doesn’t give the ml freedom or she forces him to do things and she most likely seems like a tyrant. ( I hate tyrants tho cause their rule is “ if one classmate fails the whole class gets punished “ like innocent people and bad people will die ) But I am now starting to think he low key loves it when he is bossed around by the fl, which is his kink. I also heard he has obsession with the fl. If ml wasn’t obsessive or didn’t have feelings for the fl yet and sees the fl as a childhood friend like some other manhwas who progress their feelings later on, would it be okay for her to still force things on him? Would people still praise her and call her “ Badass “ ?????

Since the ML likes it Ig I rock with it as well even tho the ride of their relationship is going to be toxic over a misunderstanding, but hey the ml won’t care cause he likes what she does to him. I feel bad for some innocent lives that are gonna be taken away from the fl.

boom2424 likes this.
  14. Daisychangedhermind

Daisychangedhermind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 I’m all in for the crazy ass drama that will ensue

15. mrsaku

mrsaku Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a server is caught up to the raws (ch 30) if anyone is curious! you can dm me for the server :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  16. ryuhyunnie0401

ryuhyunnie0401 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there no way for foreign users to access Naver Series?

17. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Never Series is pretty easy to access unlike compared to KakaoPage. Just make a Naver account (Naver sign up) and then sign in on Naver Series.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  18. ryuhyunnie0401

ryuhyunnie0401 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep getting an error page when I try to log into my Naver account or even try to make a new account on Naver :(

19. mrsaku

mrsaku Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoiler for chapter 28 & 29
    I’m not sure how to mark this as a spoiler

Calliope is pregnant which makes Ez really happy and want to show her his hidden home. However, before the flashback chapters (I believe 11?), Calliope is shown entering that house and wrecking it, assuming that it wasn’t for her. When Ez shows up to the house and it’s wrecked, he was devastated. Calliope plays it off saying that someone else wrecked it up until he said that the house was “his heart.” This pisses off Calliope and at the end of Chapter 29, she tells Ez that she “broke his heart [and] stepped on it.”

20. annkyu

annkyu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoiler. where do you read it?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021