Spoiler The Empress Of Ashes

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The-Empress-Of-Ashes.jpg

Novel Link: Official Raws: Author: 별보라

Description:

Emperor Alec lost his wife Afrosa.

He did not simply punish those responsible for her death, but also went so far as to burn down the castle and kill himself. However, he woke up and found himself in the past.

“I will change it all one by one.”

For your sake.

Because God brought me back to life in order to have you once more.

Alec, who wanted to create a new future where he would not lose his wife and child again. However, his love for them gradually turned into a blind obsession.

“What’s wrong? Why are you acting like this?”

“Same for you.”

“What did I do?”

“What’s wrong with you too?”

“…….”

“You’re mine. Because you’re my wife. If anyone treats you like some b*tch they stole from me, I will rip out their intestines and chew off their bones.”

On the other hand, Afrosa constantly felt unfamiliar with her husband’s changed personality.

Until one day, she had a strange dream which confused her…

‘My husband is not the same. If I don’t run away, I will meet the same end as before.’

The unfamiliar woman standing next to her husband… Her own shabby silhouette…

Sickened by the vividness of the vision as if it were all reality, she could no longer stand to look at her husband.

Is this all actually a dream?

So basically the ML is now a yandere in the 2nd timeline :hmm:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    M30WWWW, ArkiV_10, Gothita and 15 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    Names:
    Alec - ML
    Lara/Afrosa - FL
    Valarie - 2nd Wife/Concubine
    Glady - 3rd Wife(?)/Concubine

*There are 5 Regressions, the 5th tl being the current and last timeline
    This is a Trash Waste Novel; story isn't meant for everyone
    Updated from page 3-5, spoilers on pages 1-2 haven't fully been added

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    athene911, M30WWWW, Drayne and 3 others like this.
  3. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are my spoilers Pokémon?

avlirea likes this.
  5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    First half or reading the description: :aww:
    Second half of reading the description::blobfrowning: oh sh—
    oof, first life was shit and it looks like second life isn’t gonna be easy either.
    Hmmm that tragedy tag…hope it’s a happy ending.
    Anyways, yay another novel with ML’s POV:blob_pompom: and the story seems interesting :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

clraei likes this.
  6. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    tragedy tag? lets see how much the degree of it:blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

7. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah true, I'm gonna delete mine, it got merged. Anyway, he not only married many wives but also slept with them right after his marriage with the woman he is claiming to love. Also he runs back to her crying that he got the other woman pregnant and it was not intentional. Even when he turned 50+ he got many concubines, younger ones for spending night. I don't know for what reason he didn't killed himself at that time.

8. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope MC ends up alone in this life. Regarding ML's concubines, i hope author doesn't excuse it saying he was doing unwillingly. Because I'm not taking that shit.

9. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    The author writes childishly, no hate my personal thought. I see many of them complaining about Female Lead being weak.

They also said the Male Lead is an incompetent Emperor. As for me, I see him as someone who's indulged into debauchery and coats his action as love.

Love or not, she should just leave him.

10. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I saw this on novels updates and I was afraid to read after reading the prologue guess my insists were right:blobpensive:
    Is this full of angst? Can someone spoil ? If it’s full angst Im gonna read the story through spoilers(then no heavy feeling):blobangel::blobangel:

11. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it's full of angst and NTR. Not my cup of tea but I'm interested in what it will end up like.

12. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wtf I only read the summary so none of the chapters that are out and I wasn’t expecting this. It sounded like such a good rebirth novel to and plus with the pov of the ML but now I find out he’s scum and the story is kinda trash? Damn:blobsad: so FL is gonna end up with the ML Emperor? Ugh here we are on another episode of authors whitewashing scum. Srsly how do u claim to love someone so much but fuk with other ppl???

datagirl, Scapezz, Nikibunny and 3 others like this.
  13. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    He is a scum but he believes he isn't. Author has feebly tried to make him look like a victim. He has three Empress and many concubines. It was said one's father threatened him to sleep with the one he married politically to relieve MC of her slave status (so she was a slave), He drank aphrodisiac to spend a night with his new bride.
    It's an interesting book with a plain stupid ML, it's ongoing but I hope she doesn't end up with him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2021
  14. jujubaba82

jujubaba82 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    people the translator is about to give up on the story let's give support, the translation in english is the only place where i can read in korean is very difficult, so let's give it a go.

15. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Nebula25

Nebula25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems the entire novel can be summarized as "Good intentions ruined by bad communication and decisions that made the person you want to make happy absolutely miserable". The ML is just weak - as an emperor and as a husband. Wanted to protect the FL but ruined her and hurt her more than anyone. Whatever his intentions were, the betrayal is deep and irreversible. Sure he kept her alive, but really at what expense? I can't help but think they would've been better off living only a few years in a happy marriage than living so long in misery and pain.

I honestly don't know why I picked up this novel cause I HATE infidelity in novels and this kind of heavy and unnecessary angst. I always just want FL's to pull a Navier.

Anyways, I haven't read the full novel but the following spoiler is from what I can gather from mtling a review on dcincidr (possible mistakes from misunderstanding the mtl).

So it seems the ML was born to the empress of the emperor. He's the youngest son but all his older bros are born to concubines. One of his older illegitimate brothers (?) somehow became emperor and kicked out the ML to the countryside. This is how the ML meets the FL (who seems to be a slave). They get married and live happily in the countryside. But the ML's Bro (the Emperor) sends assassins out - in which FL's adoptive father/stepfather (?) dies and so does ML's friends/aides. So, ML decides he needs to become emperor to keep FL safe. He decides the best way to do this is joining hands with the nobles (I think he has support cause he was the only legitimate heir?). As part of joining hands with the nobles and gaining support, he marries Valerie (the 2nd Empress/evil bitch). He's forced to sleep with her but seems to have run back to cry to the FL as per prologue. He brings in the 3rd Empress to keep the 2nd Empress in check and brings in concubines to keep the two Empresses in check (reviewers mocking this and damn do I agree with them).

Meanwhile FL is mocked and ignored by the nobles and the other empresses. The ML and FL relationship really breaks when she gives birth to her son and Valerie (2nd Empress) poisons them both. This part is unclear, but it seems Valerie does this cause she knows ML only married the other empresses to consildate his power - unclear if this is also why he has impregnated them. He wants the FL's baby to be emperor. So essentially the baby is poisoned and Valerie lies and says that something is wrong with the FL's uterus and she won't be able to give birth to a healthy child. This obv (I'm filling in blanks here) puts pressure on the ML to sleep with the other women to have kids but it seems he finds this disgusting (not that it seems to have stopped him). As the reviewer points out, from the FL's POV her husband not only is sleeping with other women but at least one woman who actively harmed her and her child. It seems the ML impregnates the 2 other empresses and they both give birth to sons(?). At this point FL cuts off the ML and doesn't give him face.

(Talk about a bodyblow - imagine going from a happy marriage with someone you love so much to an existence where you have to watch him fuck other women and have children with them. What a miserable existence. And by all indication ML never told her he was doing all this to protect her. And honestly, I always think this reasoning is unacceptable. I think given the choice, most women wouldn't choose to share their husband even if it meant their death - esp if they are that in love. Of course, the women are never given the option to choose in the name of "protection".)

So we get to the birthday banquet, and obv ML is still in love with FL while, as we see, FL despises him - and really who can blame her. It seems ML has no interest in the other empresses or the kids they gave birth to; he just wants to be close to FL and her kids. Obv there's a missing portion about how exactly FL ended up pregnant with her daughter if she presumably became estranged from the ML after she gave birth to her son.

So after the banquet, FL takes her son back and soothes him to sleep. Then goes and sleeps in her own room(?). The FL's son gets up at night and goes to pick flowers to cheer up his mom (*let me cry*). A fire breaks out in the garden (I guess they all live in the same palace?). FL goes to save the son and they both die. There are no bodies at the funeral.

It seems like the daughter doesn't die? She essentially hates the ML (you go girl) and gets married off to someone in another country? Mlt unclear.

Of course, the ML goes crazy at this point. He essentially became the emperor and slept with other women (which he apparently finds digusting) to consolidate his power so he can protect the FL. And now she's dead (I would argue she "died" a long time ago). He hires mercenaries (?) to burndown the Imperial Palace to kill the kids from the other empresses (unclear how many he has - if it's just 2 from each of the other empresses and FL's 2 kids). He then also kills the other empresses and then he himself dies in the fire.

He then wakes up to find himself back in time in the countryside with the FL. The FL doesn't seem to know anything. He then seems to have found the first chance to sleep with her cause he's so happy.

The mtl is not fully clear, but the reviewer seems to say that he was so eager to sleep with her too cause he hasn't slept with anyone since he got FL pregnant with their daughter? I guess this would be in line with him finding sleeping with other women digusting and the FL icing him out. But I dunno....all those concubines???? Will those ther empresses have tolerated him not fucking them???

He once again decides to become the emperor to protect the FL. But since he now knows what will happen in the future, he decided to take a different route. First, he prevents the death of FL's adoptive/step father as well as his aides. Second, he joins hands with the rebels to create a republic. In the 1st TL, he seems to have joined hands with the nobles cause he was rushed after people around him died (?). His hope is that there will be a social revolution that abolishes the class system and distinction between the nobles/slaves. This way FL will be on equal footing and she wont be a slave.

During this process, FL regains her memory from the 1st TL. Understandably, the FL is not all that happy with finding herself with the ML. Afterall, when she died, her love had cooled and was just pain. The damage was irreversible after a lifetime of pain and disappointment. There seems to be twist with her character though?

The reviewer also seems to suggest that there seems to be twist in the narrative? Also seems to have a lot of flashbacks to previous TL from the perspective of different characters. There's also indication that ML will go yandere in the current TL? Or might be jerky (maybe in the "I wont let you go" way)?

Also seems the ML spends a lot of time crying ....

17. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for the spoiler. Good thing she remembers her 1st life so that it won’t be easy for him. I hope she leaves that trash but I’m not so confident in this since these authors love their garbage MLs:notlikeblob: Becoming the emperor was to protect the FL but she was so miserable. I guess as long as she was alive and kicking it didn’t matter if she was unhappy:facepalm:. So fuking pathetic making the woman you love suffer while preaching to protect her and everything you do was for her.

18. Spoiling Queen

Spoiling Queen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh I don't understand these kinds of MLs that'll have other women in their life to protect the one they love and will sleep with them even though they'll find it disgusting and stuff and wouldn't tell the FL about anything and the end of the day wouldn't be able to protect them at all but would just hurt them even more. Like can't they after gaining power be like the emperor like in the Immoral Night (another manhua but it's smut) ML like he might have many wives and stuff to keep his power in his hand but he will kill anyone who would dare to harm FL atleast he uses his power to protect the one he wants to. When would authors will start to write some decent MLs who would use their power to actually protect their FL.:blobpensive:

lylac, datagirl, minimochi and 13 others like this.
  19. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    She should yeeeeeeet him out of a window and run away.

Samsamsam11, Corunee, yserieh and 3 others like this.
  20. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers :blob_plusone:?
    I visited the comment section and many aren't liking the FL either.

Seems like she's forgiven the preparator who killed and positioned her children.

Plus, there was a boy named Karl, if I'm not wrong they were referring to him, anyway, he was the Emperor's son (in previous) and he looked so much like the Emperor that the FL wasn't able to look at him.

Seriously, she's in so much pain and there's nothing she could do about it, idk why he's not letting her go. Honestly, I don't want them to end up together. There's some new guy in the story, his name is Lawrence, it's unclear to me whether he's the second ML.

There's so much sadness and angst but I still wanna know, the curiosity won't end. :blob_teary: