Spoiler Dear Us Who Used to be "The Ice Knight and The Failure Princess"

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Tt123, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Orphus

Orphus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU!!! that's something that is bothering me too.

imreallyanarwhal likes this.
  2. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand why she was into him because from the first chapters alone we read that she went from being the baggage (whether they actually considered her that or this was just her interpretation of their feelings towards her, it's still the result of a massive failure on her family's part either way. Especially since it's clear that from the start she was living in a palace secluded from the others while the only one of her family she appeared to actually experience affection from was her older sister. So Oscar isn't the only one who bears responsibility. There is also the responsibility of the rest) of the royal family (a perception which was already set in stone long before this perception of her was transformed in)to the 'failure princess'. Someone outside of her family who showed her kindness that wasn't tinged with pity or contempt for the first time would, of course, be a sensible reason for her to at least start to fall in love with that person (it's just too bad that same person aka Oscar turned out to be a douchebag in so many other ways).

Also that doctor was highly unprofessional (yes, I'm aware that in a time period like this attitudes towards women were much less enlightened. It doesn't make treatment based on those attitudes any less unprofessional): he informed the husband not the patient of the medical advice to help her recover, while not taking into account the fact that a large part of her health issues obviously resulted from a treatment by her own husband that was similar to that of the doctor's own 'medical advice' (iow, isolating her, not letting her be close to her daughter, etc...).

Her maid kind of p!ssed me off too. Wasn't she aware of the strained relations between the FL and her family? So why would she even think of calling for Prince Ethan in the first place? If she wasn't aware, what kind of maid was she to be the princess' personal maid but not even know that basic fact about her?

I found her grandmother from this life to also be massively irksome. Didn't she even think that if her granddaughter got caught, there could be huge issues or is she just that massively 's*****' too?

Edited to add:
    It appears you missed a massive chunk of the start of the story. She was raised in the secluded palace. And, since it's obvious that an infant cannot send themselves to such a place, her family must have done it. The fact that the only one of her family she ever talks about in regards to helping her is her older sister demonstrates the rest of her family were the ones who failed massively (as I noted in an earlier part of this comment) when it came to building relationships with her. She was also weak from birth. At one point she mentions how overpowering the smell of perfume is, which suggests an allergy. Not much you can do about that. Yet you are indeed implying that she cultivated the image of a weak princess and that her family, especially the king, was her strongest support whom she ignored, deliberately. Tbh, I had to do a double take when I read that comment.

You also argue that the FL has faults due to her inability to stand up for herself in a(ny kind of) relationship which are abusive precisely because the victims are being expected to do all the emotional labour, already (expectations like that are what make the FL pathetic, not what yet another poster was trying to claim made them pathetic, btw).....

The maid didn't do anything wrong by keeping someone she views as trash away from her beloved mistress. She did do something wrong by not keeping someone else she *should* have viewed as trash (Prince Ethan) away from her mistress.

Finally, to all the posters who mentioned something along these lines: misunderstandings are not abuse and the handling of misunderstandings is exactly what separates the chaff from the precious gems as well as displays various character traits and flaws... being that which should draw us to actually good characters. So, no, as an adult I will never understand why readers loathe misunderstandings so much. That's life I guess.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  3. LePetiteReader

LePetiteReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wish the mother and daughter can happily reunite again and our Emilia will learn the truth behind her mother's death and hate on her sperm doner lmao

Arekushieru, Lucy scarlet and Tt123 like this.
  4. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    is it still ongoing? whats the latest development?

5. RomanaTri

RomanaTri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter I mentioned about Madeline is chapter 7. However, I don’t know why but syosetsu deleted chapters 5-7 of the novel back in May. They’ve started reposting some of them, but it’s a really slow update…They’ve only reached chapter 6 part 5 now.

Aquaa likes this.
  6. Flow07

Flow07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't argue back but still he could have learned from others and only author knows what made him think that the princess never liked him when he was the one avoided her right after marriage.

7. Freija

Freija Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    reading the manga, he assumed that she was disappointed that a princess ended up with someone as lowly as a count, as everyone around him thinks it's a shame that she's marrying below her station and he. it's just him projecting his own low self-esteem and self-worth onto her.

8. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t seen anyone mention it on the thread so far but what exactly is the deal with the MC’s brother? I don’t remember that well but I think he was acting kind of weird towards her.

9. strucker543

strucker543 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    think his definetly a perv, will probaly go after the daughter aswell i think

Lucy scarlet likes this.
  10. mubaraksul

mubaraksul Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. Has this spoiler thread been dropped? Or is it that nobody has any further spoilers on this novel?

11. Purple Iris

Purple Iris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In recent chapters, Juliette finally comes in terms with the fact that she is Liddell and that she still loves Oscar. Carson recognises Juliette as Liddell through the craftsmanship he taught her when sewing the family crest. He confronts her and finally (Heavens Forbid) tells her that Charlotte is Oscar's half sister. He begs her to reveal it to Oscar who had been suffering from nightmares and mental problems since Liddell's death. (Don't hate him so much anymore but that r*pe part had still put the pig in my blacklist). Anyways, Juliette firmly refuses because she still hadn't thought of her future. Now we're in Madeline's arc, where it shows her family situation and why she ended up like that.
    And no. She wasn't the one behind Liddell's death.
    Yeah. This brother is going to make an appearance again as the Imperial Censor to inspect Oscar's territory.
    This guy is an absolute creep. Seeing her as his little sister yet saying that he could give her romantic love. Had he said that he liked her from the start, we readers wouldn't be that uncomfortable.

12. Beethoven71

Beethoven71 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't give a flying fuck, not a shit, heck even a fart about male lead's sorry circumstances(because I feel like this author is trying really hard to excuse him). He's such a well-made asshole that it's almost amazing he can induce anger so much. I can't recall how many times I wanted to blow a punch on his face.
    Many times mc spoke to him nicely, sometimes even hinting romantically, and he goes "oH No MY iNsecUriTy AaaH I'm a BASTARD she hates me ngAAAh K rapey rapey"
    Being a caring father is his only redeeming quality and yet I may even have doubts about that because of his really impulsive acts he also shows to his goddamn daughter.

13. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh... Sh*t.
    In the recent chapter (chap 7-12/94)
    This is mtl, so not very accurate. Oscar know Juliete is Ridelle's reincarnation! He said that he knows it but unsure at the first time. He tells her that he's not a good husband, so he want her have a happy life now.
    But HE CAN'T! He can't do that.

"So I thought it was enough to know if you were reincarnated and happy to live as a different person."

"My husband ..."

"But I can't. Now, when I realize that you are in front of me as" Liddell "..."

He told her how he noticed Juliette stares at Emilia (their child), it's like a mother sees her child.
    He want to tell her about what happen when Ridelle died at the end of the chapter.

14. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the latest chapter in the novel (7.13)
    Basically them talking about the past. Oscar was explaining his actions to Riddle the same way it was explained on the previous spoilers here. Riddle asked him whether he loved her. He answered yes and that he was the only woman he ever loved. He used to think that falling in love was a sin but he fell in love with her deeply. Then Riddle said that they should release themselves from the pain of the past. She told him that he should live in the present and for his future and that their daughter would also want that for him. They shed some tears and Oscar says thank you and tells her that he is glad to meet her again.

I dunno what Ridelle's brother is up to but whatever it is, it will just put these two back together. I honestly don't want that for her since she already got away from the toxicity that is Oscar.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  15. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to know what Ridelle's brother reaction when he know Juliette is Ridelle's reincarnation.
    He should apologize first though. He is so rude to Juliette.:facepalm: That jerk should know how to behave like his age.

Lucy scarlet and lostross like this.
  16. shtti is frooti

shtti is frooti Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yall i just read the manga and like i feel like murdering this assholE LIKE YOU DONT RAPE YOUR WIFE BECAUSE YOU GOT JEALOUS LIKE WHERE DID cOMMUNIcATioN GO?????

also, like im on chapter 20 and that updated like a month ago and i need to know what happens next thank you and goodbye

17. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awful ML as is the case with most stories in this genre. He easily doubts the MC's relationship with her brother but he cosies with his sister (who isn't known to be his sister) while intimately hugging his child and his wife is sick in bed....yeah, wonderful man! I wish the brother went for his neck instead of his eye, that is such a wasted opportunity!

The MC never gave him the impression that she has any inappropriate relationship, he didn't sleep with his wife for so long that word spread around.....his sister was trotting around antagonizing the MC and he never cared to even know what is happening in his own castle. Also, let's not EVER forget that this garbage worthless guy raped the MC!!

Sometimes in these stories, you can argue that the MC was too hasty and didn't give him a chance to explain but she did for too long. She never ran away from him, he was the one who sent her away thinking it was for her own good but get this....he didn't even give her appropriate security.

The bottom line is: he is garbage and this story better end with the MC living peacefully with her daughter with a hopefully long-dead father. He is a waste of oxygen

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  18. ainn

ainn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the latest chapter of the manga of this novel and i have no where to go but here to rant. Conclusion, I absolutely HATE FL in the manga. Why? Because she doesn't have any boundaries at all from the people of her past life. I say this because she kept forgetting that she's not Ridelle anymore and only remembers it when it's convienient. I get it that she wants to found out what happened to her families and friends after she dies but she always kept saying stuff like 'Ridelle will say something like this...' and stuff. I get it i would too but she needs to understand that she's not her past life anymore. She's not the wife of the ML and not the mother of her daughter. It's not your responsibility to find out more nor to get involve in their relationship. The readers know that Ridelle is you but your family doesn't know that. I feel so frustrated when i read the manga cause it felt so numb and unrealistic. Also, she needs to mind her own business because she's only the tutor which equivalent to a servant so why is the manga not potraying her as so? She needs to create boundaries between her past life and her current. She has her own life now and her own parents so why does she keep getting involved with the people from her past.

There's a lot of second hand embarassment. Especially when it involves the ML. Like, she does realize that he's at least 10 years and more older than her right? Why does the manga wants them to end up together just because she was his wife? Keyword: WAS. I so wanna see how the daughter feels about the whole FL and ML because if i was the daughter and my friend/teacher is harbouring some sort of unresolved feelings towards my dad I'll be so uncomfortable and make sure they keep a distance from one another cause I hella don't want my friend to be my stepmother. This is not some House of the Dragons BS, okay? I don't care if she was the mother I do not want her to end up with the ML. I have a lot of stuff that I'm not satisfied with this manga but I forgot about them as I'm wriitng this (thank god for short term memory) but what i know is that i feel so frustrated and annoyed with the FL. Thats it from me. Thanks for reading this far. XOXO.

Edit: I also have issues with the ML but I'm more frustrated with the FL in the manga

aymara88 and lostross like this.
  19. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This kind of Trash 'Romantic' K-Drama Story is the equivalent to TELENOVELAS ARE HELL where everyone are so insanely stupid, braindead, on high edge, cheesy melodramatic, bizarre evil, deadly toxic and ultra conservative....

seaandsky's comment
    Things that have to change in kdramas:
    1) romanticising abusive relationship
    2) excusing toxic behaviour due to broken families
    3) childhood sweethearts that somehow remember each other 20 years later, as if like u can rmb what you did when you were four

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    BananaChi likes this.
  20. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoiler? Who is fl end up with?