Discussion What type of SI are you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Jun 20, 2021.

?

q

1. I would gladly stay stay in fantasy

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. I would stay in fantasy only if'ts an easy one

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I would decide depending how attached I grew to people in fantasy

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. I would try to get home no matter what

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It is annoying especially when they have a couple or more girls that somehow care for the idiot, but they are brooding with thoughts they'll have to leave someday. Why is that they have to leave? To return to some background we readers haven't heard of and don't care about?
    Eh no, this Skyrim SI is pretty good actually, author was just ranting about other SI's.
    https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...rrently-danmachi.790021/reader/#post-61686238

ongoingwhy likes this.
  2. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My introduction to SI was the not so enjoyable to read ones on FFN so the impression stuck on my mind, I tend to avoid them. So I'm not well-versed on this genre, the ones I came across felt too self-indulgent, although I know the essence of SI is self-indulgence. When the MC was suddenly relevant to the main cast's life inexplicably, if it's not written well, the suspension of disbelief wouldn't work. There's one I liked where the MC was just like a passerby, had their own bubble of life removed from the main cast, only connected through one character, it felt believable although it does owes a lot to the author's craftiness
    I personally like indifferent MC, maybe some throwbacks every now and then, but adaptable to the new environment

3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would want to be in modern earth, if the fantasy was gonna be dangerous. :blobsalt:

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    To me it would depend on a lot of factors tbh...

Like... I have reasons to want to go back if I'm isekai'd... But would it even be possible? If it required me to go an epic quest and risk my life to go back, I'd give up. I would love to get back, but I'm not risking my life for it... At least not in my current circumstances.

If this happened a few years from now after I adopted children though, I would do whatever it takes to come back to my children, I would not abandon them no matter what.

Another factor to take into account is how safe the world is... If I can get killed at any moment because of random monster attacks and this actually a real worry, I'll probably feel a stronger wish to go back home.

Another is magic. Will I have magic? Will I be able to use magic to fix things I hate about myself? If I could, I'd be a lot more willing to stay.

And well, there are also the relationships within the magical world... I'd be basically guaranteed to stay if I found a husband for one.

So uhn... It depends on a lot of factors? As a rule of thumb though, I'd say I would stay in the fantasy world because getting back home tends to be a nigh-impossible life-risking task, and that's just too much for me.

ongoingwhy and Jojo775 like this.
  5. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The kind that would go around fucking with CANON for a while. I would be amused for some time. Then I would find something to kill myself before the shock peels off and makes me have to cope with reality.

Living a life where your existence is simply a passing entertainment for a ROB doesn't sound that pleasant when you really think about it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  6. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You put something out in public and when negative feedback comes in says that it is not their business. You miss the concept of the term "public"? It's the area that affects everyone that isn't you, so things in public ARE my business and everyone else's.

Take a look at all the comments calling SI self indulgence then come back and talk.

7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    There doesn't have to be a ROB, or you might never hear from them, or they just let you do whatever so you might as well be free.
    You have nothing to contribute and you crapped on other's choices in reading. You also said something dumb without understanding the topic. That's trolling and it's against the rules on pretty much any forum so unless you want a report, bye bye.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  8. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are a fascinating example of someone incapable of any form of reading comprehension, in fact you are so fascinating that I think scientists should study your brain to see how similar it is to the brain of a normal human. every single person who posted in this thread, including the OP, acknowledges that SI's can be self-indulgent and that self-indulgence is the sign of a bad one.
    so first you say that people who read SI are mentally ill and then you somehow think that you accomplished something by saying that SI fics can be self indulgent, do you also believe that water is wet and that the sky is blue? what other revolutionary statements will you post next O' Wise one.
    come on dude, if this is the best bait you can dish out then you might as well use it in a fish market, that is about the only thing that will be caught in bait of this quality.
    now, now trolling is an artform, lets not put such a label on such low quality bait posts now shall we? at least try to be comedic in your replies to such posts. its the only entertainment that can be derived out of them. :p

Jojo775 likes this.
  9. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Be my guest, report away. All I need to tell them is that when you posted "What SI are YOU" it is a question to everyone, so you invited comments then threw a tantrum when the results were not what you wanted.

Next time, remember to add "Only posts that agree with me allowed".

10. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm::hmm: hm... If choosing none was an option I'd gladly choose that... But well there isn't any so I think I'd stay in the fantasy world.....
    And another thing... I hate SI fanfics

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Fascinating that you think in a thread for SI readers made to discuss two options, you think there is a need for feedback, be it negative or positive. :ROFLMAO: there's nothing to feedback on, unless you think it's ok to go to other threads that don't concern you like I dunno "good novels thread" and comment: "haha fools! I only read trash novels, good novels suck!"

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  12. Nightow1

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you should learn to read or format your comments better because I don't see anything in your original post that even implies that there are only 2 options. You forget a 3rd in your "What SI are you", the 3rd option being "neither" (or even limited to 2-3 in the first place, that is an artificial limit you set). This is the general chat section where it is open to EVERYONE, not just SI readers, something you might have overlooked. General Chat is not your own personal blogspace, if this was your own blog, you *might* have a point but not on a public open forum.

13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: there isn't an option for neither because if you're not interested in SI then you're not supposed to be here. Same as I'm not going to MLP threads and telling them how I think what they're reading is silly despite never reading/watching MLP myself. It's none of my business, so what if it's public, doesn't mean there aren't rules.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  14. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel free to continue fighting via personal message or profile.