Recommendations Something like Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't been watchin anime since starting reading Asian webnovels. That and the fact I've been slowly put off from Japanese culture as a whole. Hell every year I've watched less and less to the point that I only watch One Piece every 5 to 6 months! Recently I've had a slight urge with Shaman King getting a new series and some of the Anime I waited years for actually continuing.

I'm looking for something to stoke my interest. Get me really into the mood to watch anime again. I'd enjoy something like.
    Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
    and
    Photon the baka adventurer (which I didn't realize was part of the Tenchi universe)

I never cared for the main story of Tenchi but if there are any that have similar male leads and cool fight scenes let me know!

2. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think photon is same uni as teaching just same creator for now atleast. The newest teaching series just brought duel parallel adventure into cannon. Ie sena from gxp is the reincarnation of the mc from duel and even brought the girls back as well. Even being nice with the of vas one of the chars d her va retired so they just have the char not talk instead of a new va.

3. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I read the wiki for Photon

Connections to Tenchi Muyo! Universe
    It has been confirmed by the creator of Tenchi Muyo! and Photon: The Idiot Adventures that the two series are related, as the world that Photon lives on is, in fact, the distant past of the planet Geminar before something happened to revert it to a pre-space flight world again, the parallel world that Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari/ Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar takes place on.

Is the MC of this Dual series a good fighter? I don't want to watch wimpy weak characters. I'd also prefer it being CQC instead of pew pew magic or guns.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Katanagatari had amazing fight scenes. I like Aldnoah Zero as well.

5. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember watching Katanagatari YEARS ago, great anime. SAD (ending) anime. IIRC

I think I watched like 2 eps of it. I don't think i liked it. I'll have to watch some clips. I used to be a weeb so I probably went through anything good if it came out before 2015 or 17

6. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Duel is a mecha series his end robot is the same as sena in Tenchi gxp has at the end. A lot of the fights does come down to melee. Mind you duel is from the 90s. Another good old one is Martian Successor Nadesico also mecha.

7. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll check out Duel since I'm pretty sure I've watched Marian Succesor.