Discussion Exhausting...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cutiebinkie, Jun 21, 2021.

1. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you call this?

I have this person I talk to. I won't call them a friend, but we have a mutual friend and that's how we got talking.

Anyway, idk what happened to me a few weeks ago, but I completely lost the energy to keep conversations online going. Interactions seemed like a bother and I felt really tired and exhausted.

My point is, this person in particular just saps my energy. Talking with them is so exhausting, to the point that I feel so drained afterwards. I limited the amount of time we text online and even with their irritating 'let's vibe." demands, I just don't know what to do anymore.

What do you call this feeling? Is there something wrong with me QAQ??

Edit: I also noticed that they complain a lot about friends leaving them, which makes me guilty because I'm considering doing the same. But they don't seem to consider that they might be the issue. They have anger issues and tend to act like talking to them is a privilege. They also push me way out of my comfort zone, which, now that I think about it, might be a major reason why I don't feel inclined to talk to them.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    Lissi, God slayer, Sabruness and 2 others like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Without being personally acquainted with either of you or knowing the actual contents of your conversations, I can only tentatively suggest that you two are a "bad match" for each other. It's not something to worry over; you cannot always be on the same wavelength with everyone, especially when it comes to length, duration, contents, participation in and inclination to converse.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    AliceShiki, Lissi, Munimuyi and 3 others like this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    No, that’s perfectly natural. There are people like that. The only advice I have for that. Is if you want a deeper relationship than keep moving forward, but if it’s a mild fling or as nice friends. I would start cutting back. If they ask why your pulling back. Just say you like talking to them, but you have other interest too.
    At least that’s what I would do.
    Good luck

asriu, Sabruness and cutiebinkie like this.
  4. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    I do understand what you mean. What's worse is I noticed some bad traits the have that just isn't what I like in a person, friend or otherwise.

Cutting back huh. That does sound like a good idea

otaku31 likes this.
  5. tedy2004

tedy2004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had that experience, indeed it became repetitive to talk online with him so I cut the plastic friendship off through my actions and I think he understood. Of course, I do recommend to communicate with him in regard of this topic, good luck!

cutiebinkie likes this.
  6. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    They will probably go off. Complain to our mutual friend and everyone they know. I prefer a silent snip. Cut off, silently and precisely. Also because I'm a coward:blobpensive::blobtired:

tedy2004 likes this.
  7. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah there's nothing wrong with you....¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you shouldn't talk to them if you don't feel like it ...

tedy2004 and cutiebinkie like this.
  8. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I also have people like that my mom, it's totally understandable.

Sometimes it just happens :blobhug:

cutiebinkie likes this.
  9. lawlogic77

lawlogic77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its normal if you feel tired, its same like me. i have many online friend and they usually talk a lot, if i feel tired to keep conversation with them i usually just spam some emoji and just say yes or no to atleast make them know i still on their conversation

cutiebinkie likes this.
  10. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I guess they're called emotional vampire, zapping you out emotionally like they're sucking the blood out of you
    But I agree with this
    Just like perhaps you have someone you can talk with for hours without the both of you feeling tired, there must be someone else exactly the opposite.
    But that second person might also have a friend that they clicked with just like you clicked with the first person
    When it gets too tiring, just take care of yourself and retreat, it's fine

cutiebinkie likes this.
  11. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so they’re one of those, “energy vampires”. Some may get off to you sticking around even after being toxic to you. I think you should lessen your interaction with them

cutiebinkie likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, if being with someone makes you uncomfortable and drains you, and you're part of a 3 people group of "friends"... It might be better to PM your actual friend and tell them about your circumstances.

You can always just hang out with the person you care about without bringing the 3rd party together. It's probably the easiest way to go about it.

albeldayuia and cutiebinkie like this.