Discussion Most memorable moment from a novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Dizaster, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the most unforgettable scene you've read in a book do far.

Ready for rant??

For me it's the scene from Poison Genius Consort in the military camp where MC was sick to death and there was no one to serve her and after a lot of effort she barely manages to ask for food and water from ML who agrees but immediately gets tangled in some random useless sh*t and by the time he remembers and runs to her room, she's already on floor.
    What I love was his fear and trepidation at the moment when he realises that he might lose her. It was sooo satisfactory.
    But immediately after he returns to being his usual douche bag.
    He's the guy who I hate the MOST in my years of romance books reading history.
    I understand when in books where Cinderella kind sell themselves to MLs for some great cause like saving their loved ones and are then treated as nothing but living dolls needed to satisfy their desires and vanity. But I don't hate those MLs because clearly the women around treat them as either a cash dispensing machine or a luxury item to show off, with no sincerity or affection at all. So in that case it can be considered a fair trade.
    However this guy was on another level, he was like, "it was your own choice to enter my doors as a bride and now you don't have the choice to leaves" and then continues to exploit her. I think this scene takes place around 500ish chapters and when I saw no change in attitude after, I decided to drop the novel instead of waiting for the ML to get the epiphany to treat his wife with love and respect that she deserves. I mean she almost died of Hunger & Thirst, can you believe that??? Not of poison or assassination but of daMn Hunger & Thirst!!
    You're telling me that a person who's worked so hard and saved so many lives has no one to give her the basic minimum care in her most desperate times???

aienmoon likes this.
  2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    A random husky jumps off the roof of the hospital and crashes into MC out of nowhere, putting her in a coma for 3 (10?) years... :blobdead:

Grey_Angel, Dizaster and Dearling like this.
  3. Dearling

Dearling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One story I read had dead deer with their heads on pikes everywhere... QAQ

And then the dead deer heads even spoke! So scary!

Dizaster likes this.
  4. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Dendrobates Manga Chapter 22, When mc makes his entry as the song of angles goes on (When the girl is getting R**p*d). It's just too power full

Dizaster likes this.
  5. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek::eek: What the....

6. EUGA

EUGA The Taco Sovereign

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm for me it was probably from I shal seal the heavens. Chapters 766: Grand wedding! Through Chapter 771:let me rest a bit. To this day I still get chills and a whirlwind of emotions from Meng Hao’s match of death till how it ends. Not only was it extremely well written but the translator did the most amazing job as well! I will probably never forget that scene ^.^

Dr_H_16 and kkgoh like this.
  7. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I remember the goose girl when I read this

You know, that story about a princess about to get married but was replaced by her maid, she became a goose girl. In order to silence everyone who knew her identity, the maid killed off the horse and hung its head on the gate or something. But it still speaks...

Hehehe...creepy Grimms' brother fairy tales.

I forget the title of this QT but it's the worst love at first sight scene I ever read.

FL and ml met in a party, ml love at first sight. In the party, ml goes hero saves the beauty. Then they part ways. But a day later, ml can't take it anymore and became an overbearing president, saying "you become my girlfriend. You have no right to refuse." Or something. Then thrid day, ml pushed out FL out of the way and get hit by the car instead of her. He went in coma for half a year? Anyway, before that FL almost killed herself because of guilt. Heh. Then when ml wake up, FL already finished her mission as a transmigrator. I dunno if it's a day later or a week, but they got married immediately. I dunno what happened next but I dropped it there.

8. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's something similar, ml hated the og wife so he poisoned her in small doses for several years (well og really is a b*tch but that has background story) when mc "transmigrated" ml fell for her but the body is already poisoned and the effect is torture (her internal organs are getting decayed i think) to mc. Before the torture started mc was forced to abort her baby bec of the poison so her hatred for the ml is already big at this time. When she cant bear the pain anymore, she forced ml to kill her saying (not the exact words) " isnt this what you wanted? Its your own poison, why are you regretting now? Shouldnt it be ok to just kill me now? Do you really want to see me suffer in torture?" It was so satisfying to read mc slapping ml with the truth and the pain for him seeing her and saying those. However, though i hated what ml did to mc i cant fully hate him. The author wrote the characters psych so well that you will understand why he did that and it makes sense that it happened. That doesnt make it right but youll get where he's coming from.

Dizaster likes this.
  9. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Sukasuka vol 3 end.

10. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I know... it was crazy. Obviously, I dropped it after that :blobjoy:

Dizaster likes this.
  11. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Chen Ge from My House of Horrors exclaimed his love :blobcatblush:
    And that one special chapter about them :blobmelt:

Dizaster likes this.
  12. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't rem the chapter.
    "I Shall Seal the Heavens" arc where Meng Hao's disabled incarnation is married to the alchemist lady. As she lay dying, his incarnation repeatedly cuts his wrist to feed her and keep her alive. Eventually he held onto her until her body turned cold.

It's a relatable scene. If your loved one were dying, you're typically by their bedside trying to keep them alive.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Dizaster likes this.
  13. Dearling

Dearling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read that story. Yeah... it's really scary QAQ

14. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a lot, but the one that always appear at the top of my head is:

A certain scene in Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere when Toori (the MC) put his... dong... on top of someone's head.

That scene never fail to make me laugh.

Also, when Weaver become Kephri.

Dizaster likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmmm, it's hard to pinpoint those... Tbh, I can't say I have many moments that were particularly memorable to me, but I guess I have some at least.

First one that comes to mind is a scene from Nanashi no Asterism where one of the characters is giving a pained smile to a girl that likes her, and tries to say things in a way that will make that girl give up on her, for their feelings aren't mutual.

It is a simple scene, but it was quite touching for me~

Another I can think of was when in Sukamoka, a child fairy sacrificed herself to kill a beast without really knowing what she was doing. It was a good mix of childish innocence, selfless sacrifice, and desperation from the adults that were watching the scene and desperately wanted her to stop... Really sad scene, but also wonderfully executed~

What else...? A bunch of scenes from Cardcaptor Sakura, I guess. Like when Sakura converts the last clow cards into Sakura cards as the whole town is falling asleep, and even Shaoran falls as well... (well, he doesn't fall in the anime)
    Or the time Sakura falls into a big hole and Shaoran gets totally desperate, only for her to come out with the power of a card... (I think this one was an anime-only scene)
    Or the time Tomoyo and Sakura say that they love each other, but then Tomoyo just goes and says that the way she loves Sakura is the different from the way Sakura loves her... And when Sakura gets confused about it, Tomoyo just tells her that Sakura will understand it when she's older... It's such a good direct scene... A shame it was censored on the anime.
    Oh oh oh, and the time that one of Sakura's classmates sees an illusion of the person she loves the most, which is her teacher, which is like... A really really messed up attraction! That one is also pretty nice~
    And the time Sakura confesses to Yukito, but he tries being understanding about it, and tries helping her realize the difference between romantic love and family love... It's a really cute scene~

... I think I could probably keep going if I kept on thinking of more remarkable CCS moments... There are too many of those... >.>