Spoiler The Devil / 마귀

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Gothita, Aug 25, 2020.

?

THE DEVIL novel has 227 chapters, Ongoing . Do you guys think the Ending will be Tragedy? T-T

Poll closed Jul 9, 2021.
  1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. Irisss

Irisss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one is sane

I guess innete was borderline psychotic as she often had hallucination to kill John.
    John well he was not human to begin with

and for henrik he was raised watching his brother died and his father abusive behavior. I guess what he did to anette is part of his survival instinc.

Maria2516, BluePoodle and boom2424 like this.
  2. Mermaidluvly

Mermaidluvly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So recently ch41and 42* english translated released on Manta.., when john showed up to rescue anette from the indrison castle.

John came because he thought that the letter winifred wrote him was from anette. Anette thinks she might have sent the letter while she was in a delusional state cuz she cant remember ever sending john a letter. (She worried if whoever sent her letter might have told the king, maybe thats why her beatings have been worse lately)

remember it took anette a month to get to the castle? It only took john 3 days. I was like whoa but it makes sense his devil form does have the ability.

also john accuses anette of having an interest with Henrik as they kind of argue infront of the fireplace. John said he saw Henrik sit by her side while she was out cold (from the old man’s beatings).
    anette is appauled by johns assumptions and thinks to herself “Henrik?! That wretched fool?!!” (Maybe this is why she uses Henrik later as a love interest because she knows he is already jealous of Henrik)

she then yells at john “how dare you assume that!! You have no idea what he’s put me through!!” And i think shortly after thats when john gets shot in the neck moment happens.

so in chapter 42* i find interesting that the king calls anette a “filthy wh0re” when he smacks her.

The king continues and says how he knows thats her brother.
    And im like How does the king even know what her brother looks like if he never even went to their home to get anette???
    However i remember that john is the star of their area so maybe thats why but it also seemed like the king (from what he yelled at anette as he struck her) listened in on their conversation before shooting john with the arrow.

also you know that last scene where anette is laughing with a smile with the metal pick from the fireplace (like right after she struck the old man in the face)? In that last panel she said, well here are her words leading to it-
    Anette: “Does it hurt?” “Deal with it.” “It’s much too early for you to feel pain”

The king crawling toward the door: “G-Guards!!”

, last panel (anette smiling with the metal pick in her hands) “Because im going to bash your head in!!! “
    That gave me a good chuckle! I know when i first saw the raw panels i was relieved for anette to get her revenge but her words made it more satisfying lol.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  3. SakuraCitra

SakuraCitra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    regarding John and Annete who had different times on their way to Indriason, I think it was because Annette used a horse carriage and her entourage so their journey was slower while John who was a knight who had fought many wars would have been able to shorten the time by riding a horse even though he might have the option to fly using the devil can be a guess, maybe for the last year John has been able to control his demon side.

Mermaidluvly and boom2424 like this.
  4. cmonson

cmonson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Nanny is not his Mother. he is the son of the Maid the Mother brought with her and a Priest. IF you read the comics it explains it and the brother looks exactly like the Preist the 1st maid is having sex with.

boom2424 likes this.
  5. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    i know and i said its the nany who sees him as a son. In the novel, when u read from her pov you see that she raised him as her unborn son. So its gross. She clearly sees him as her son but still let him fuck her.

6. Aya3939

Aya3939 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's definitely super gross,but I don't know if I can fully blame the nanny/Grizelda. This is the medieval times and she as a woman is nothing more than property to the masters of the castle. I don't think she ever had the option to even reject his advances. Like everytime he came onto her she was obviously Not That Into It, but what could she even do? Once when she scolded John, Winfried asked if she had gone crazy for scolding her lord . She was a widow and I don't think she could have easily found another job. I don't really like the nanny nor do I think she's a good person,but Winfried was definitely the one advancing on her; I never once saw her look at him with lust. It's more like she was just doing what she was told. In fact when he took things "too far" by proposing to her,she was horrified and shut him down with the story of John being the Devil and how she came to see him as her own son. Again,not a fan of the nanny, but there was definitely not much in the form of consent when it comes to a man with a position of power over you back then.

DOHere, Ang3Blue, cmonson and 4 others like this.
  7. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    So chapter 55 raw already out,
    And Annete make out with Henrik!? :eek::eek::eek: because Henrik's look like make a move in-out gesture, Innete looks satisfied smiling when John sees her making love with someone else, but maybe on the other hand Innete feels happy for Henrik to get hit, really an unexpected plot twist if Innete turns into a manipulative cunning person, sadly what she manipulates is someone who tries to protect her.
    (I reiterate not that John is the best of all, but Innete should be aware that she still needs John's protection to survive. Innete only has a pretty face but her peerage is just a title, walking out there without the right person's supervision will only end her like a prostitute if she is like this.)

and about John I'm not too worried, he's not human, he's a demon, but he lives the human way and adapts well. after all with his title as young duke John didn't have to worry about the source of wealth, should John let Annete go, he would lose nothing but his love. maybe John would be heartbroken, but he could find another woman who would accept him. John and Annette themselves are like two sides of a coin side by side, yin-yang, good and bad. But for Annette, will she finally be able to find someone more sincere than John? maybe it can, but the journey will be very long

Ang3Blue, Tt123, BluePoodle and 2 others like this.
  8. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG Inette n Henrik got caugh red handed ny John:eek: .. so did Henrik penetrate inette or not? At first we can see Henrik oralled her then im not clear what happen after Inette seduced him further...or did they just dry humping? I havent got the time to translate the raw images yet.. John is super angry n sad .. he cried:cry: ..how could u Inette .. such a slut.. sorry guys im angry at Innette:LOL:

Nadjocr, boom2424 and Mermaidluvly like this.
  9. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    And aboy
    In the last part Innete said something like if John will kill Henrik, he must kill her too. And John crying and answer, "die together...? Are you really love me Annete?" John really dont believe what Innete saId, of course that make him so shock were he only leave her for a week after their lovey dovey days and in the end she cheating behind his back. Annete then smile because she want John became hurt, she know she became crazy but she like it.

Innete is playing with fire, I don't know what she will feel if John decides to let Innete do as she pleases like when Innete decided to go and marry old Indriason. John could just walk away, he just needed to come when Innete was suffering and dying, it's always been that way. Poor Innette lol

10. Iska-IX

Iska-IX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah not gonna lie last week I remember reading on the forum that she makes out with Henrik and he starts licking her chest then John breaks. So this chapter definitely made me do a double take and believe me I’m as angry as you are. The whole chapter I was like wtf is taking John so long to walk up the stairs and get to the room XD

Also can someone refresh my memory, I know John has raped Innette before but does he do it consciously or is it as a result of his devil form.

boom2424, Mermaidluvly and Ames2021 like this.
  11. Irisss

Irisss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

That when john in his devil form. I guess he didnt remember and thought it was a nightmare

btw what’s wrong with this chapter?? Lol im speechless.
    Is she having revenge to john? She is not physically strong as him but she knew that john was obsessed with her so she “play” with him to hurt him. After she remembered what happened to her first husband she looks like resent John more and more as he is the source of her sadness.

12. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so disgusted with Inette i am considering to stop reading this manhwa :ROFLMAO:.. i mean what kind of female lead character who is inlove with the male lead character but willingly f**k with other man, who is her own step son:sick:.. i know innette n john’s relationship itself is totally wrong n disgusting but to add this another crazy side of her is totally sicko_O.. the storyline in the beginning until when they are happily reunited after old indridson’s death is interestng but maybe im too conservative to accept this current situation :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  13. Mermaidluvly

Mermaidluvly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i just saw the new chapter also, that was crazy!
    more than what was translated from the novel cuz it looks like henrik put it in her which is when john came in. Henrik didnt just make out and kiss her chest. Looks like he ate her out and then wanted to go and then she seduced him to stay and he put it in.
    They turned up the heat for the comic i see..

I just want to know what anette said to john after john kicked Henrik’s face in. I wonder what she said that made john cry.:cry:
    (n) Unless he was just crying about her cheatin on him which also makes sense but i still wanna know what she said..

Also, does anyone see Henrik getting out alive? I dont :eek:

Oh so thats what she says in the last panels..? Thanks for the translation.
    wow she’s pretty cruel…
    i know john is a murderer and killed her first husband but when it comes to anette he has been so protective and loyal. I feel really bad for him..
    but i get that shes traumatized and clearly has a mental problem..with all the abuse she’s been through.

im just gonna wait and see what happens next. This is getting pretty heated situation. I think john still might kill henrik.

sealong950825, Tt123, Iska-IX and 3 others like this.
  14. Aya3939

Aya3939 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did it once in his Devil form altho he apparently didn't realize it was real and thought it was a nightmare. He tried to do it again(this time consciously) when she didn't want to run away with him. In the latest chapters I feel like he did it once more after they were playing chess. Annette said she didn't want to do it and he didn't care. So uh... 3 times as of now. One interesting thing to mention is what Annette said about his devil form after he came to his senses the first time. That perhaps the manifestion of the devil is "the ability to incite others and reveal the darkest parts of themselves" because remember that she could identify the person assaulting her as definitely being John at the time. Everything he said to her at the time was stuff he truly felt.This makes a lot of sense when you notice that his eyes and skin have been changing a lot as of late. The line between "him" and "the dark part of him" is blurring as he becomes increasingly unstable.

15. boom2424

boom2424 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:I can't believe it Writers hurt me as much as Jon.:blobscream::blobscream::blobscream: I'm shocked. I hate the internet.:blobdevil::blobdevil:
    my heart hurts:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

16. Iska-IX

Reading List:
    Link
    I see...thanks for the clarification.
    I feel you, I dropped the manhwa already but every week I somehow end up finding myself reading the raws and spoiler forum...the curiosity keeps bringing me back. To be honest I’m surprised this novel even got a manhwa especially considering the amount of hate the author of “The Viridescent Crown” got for all the thing that happened to Ran(FL). I would have thought that Korean fans would have reacted as negatively to this as they did to that.

boom2424 and Ames2021 like this.
  17. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This and the thing with Viridiscent Crown aren't comparable though. What Inette did was shocking (for a female chatacter anyways) but as messed up as it is at least it was consensual unlike the vile gangr*pe in proto VC. The whole making out with someone other than the love interest isn't really a new thing, it's just that the trope is more prevalent in male oriented media or usually done by male characters in smut/Josei while the FL is always the loyal and forgiving one.

18. Ames2021

Reading List:
    Link
    Henrik definitely put it in Inette.. u can see in one part of the raw where Henrik looks like he”s having climax, and inette too was enjoying it .. i dont know why but even john is also a bad guy but i feel pity towards him and think that he doesn't deserve this betrayal from her. This manhwa is indeed twisted n playing with the reader’s mind.

Can't understand Inette's sudden change of feelings towards John. Afterall John is the one who saved her from old Indridson. Not even Henrik can save her from his own father's abuse towards her. At one time she even dream about living a simple life with John n have kids together. And now she is killing him with betrayal. It's true John has many evil side, he killed her 1st husband. I think Inette likes her 1st husband as their age gap is only 6 years, and she regards him as a hope to a free and normal life. Then she got locked in the chamber due to the crime she didn't do. John is always getting rough but he said he is not prisoning her and allow her to walk outside. Well now I can't think properly about who is wrong and who is right anymore with these characters:(

19. Iska-IX

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah for sure this situation isn’t comparable but I’m talking about all the times inette have been raped by John especially the time when he was in his devil form. I doubt this is going to be the last time we see things like this as well.

Aya3939 and boom2424 like this.
  20. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We'll It's because he's the ML. If it's the Male lead or a handsome male character who does awful things then people aren't as bothered by it because stories in general conditioned readers to be overly sympathetic to them and find their actions hot or justified no matter how questionable they were. But if it's a random ugly dude/villainess who does the terrible thing then people will see the crime for what it is because of double standards...

A great example of this is the lead guy in 'who's the prey.' He's pretty much one of the most vile and disgusting characters In existence but because he's mildly attractive and the 'ML' a lot of people are simping for him and defending his inexcusable actions to the point of even bashing the FL for not accepting his 'love' while conveniently disregarding all of the horrible things he did to her.