Recommendations novels like ORV, TCF and TSTIR

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by evankhll, Jun 23, 2021.

1. evankhll

evankhll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title pretty much says it all. I am obsessed with the MCs relationships with the side characters. I want absolutely no romance. Fantasy genre too or it can be no fantasy, either is fine.

I guess I'm just obsessed with characters seeing someone as their family, being overprotective and all that. I havent seen a Thread about this so Im making one for myself.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/omniscient-readers-viewpoint/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/trash-of-the-counts-family/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-s-classes-that-i-raised/

Ruruki, gaohhor and Vi2 like this.
  2. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Pokemini

Pokemini Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on the hunt for novels like this too haha. From what I've gathered from rec lists:

Have read (side note: all of them are by Yu Wo, who normally writes pretty good side characters and MC relationship) :
    - Legend of the Sun Knight (the knights' relationship with each other is like a brotherhood. Minor romance at the end, isn't relevant to the story, love interest literally appeared at the last few chapters)
    - Eclipse Hunter (no romance I think? It's about a pair of brothers)
    - Dominion's End (MC has an older brother and a little sister and their relationship is super wholesome, there are hints towards a potential romance but its barely there so it doesn't detract from the main story).

Haven't read:
    - Chen Ye Zhi Yao
    - The Yu Brothers' Case Book
    - Daomu Biji
    - Elqueeness
    - Residence of Monsters
    - What Happens when the Second Male Lead Powers Up
    - A Mild Noble's Vacation Suggestion
    - The Great Storyteller (not action I think. Slice of life)
    - Trapped in a Webnovel as A Good For Nothing
    - How to Live as the Enemy Prince
    - Ex Rank Supporting Role's Replay in a Prestigious School

Have read which Idk if it fits or not:
    - Regressors Instruction Manual (harem tag however for me, their interactions with MC isn't exactly romantic mainly due to the nature of the characters). MC's relationship with his group of people can be interpreted as wholesome (the whole overprotective of MC stuff) or disturbing (cuz MC is highkey manipulating them with lies and slight gaslighting, he does genuinely care about them though, I think) . MC is very chaotic neutral, borderline evil so only proceed if you are okay with that type of MC. Some reviewers had mentioned that MC is like if Cale had gone dark.

4. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    There are actually a number of old threads about this, but of the ones already listed above, my favourites are:
    Some others that were not listed that I really loved:
    • Fu Xing Dong Lai (same author as ROM above - I personally prefer the friendship dynamic in this one over ROM)
    • No Hero (standalone sequel to Eclipse Hunter with new main character - I personally prefer this one over EH since it focuses on more characters outside the brothers)
    • Unique Legend (same author as YBCB)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    MikotoP likes this.
  5. heartstampexpress

heartstampexpress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I adore this trope myself, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw this post. Unfortunately, I've yet to collect more than others have already listed here, but I can vouch for a few!

Trapped in a Webnovel as a Good For Nothing is lovely! It takes a while to show but his bodyguards, and to an extent some of his siblings, definitely are protective of him!

A Mild Noble's Vacation Suggestion is great too, though right now it doesn't have much in ways of translation. The manga is up to volume 4 in English right now!

What Happens When the Second Male Lead Powers Up is fantastic so far, and fun to boot! It reminds me a lot of TCF. It makes sense that EAP translates it as well!

6. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. maurnaur

maurnaur New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a somewhat old thread but im a hugee fan of this trope and would love to recommend return of the mount hua sect! i havent caught up yet but the mc and his friends all have a great relationship together and its sweet.
    wish there were more novels with this theme tbh! i love found family so much