Spoiler Faking It in Style (쇼윈도의 품격)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by chicken_noodle.jisoo_p, Feb 2, 2021.

1. chicken_noodle.jisoo_p

chicken_noodle.jisoo_p Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Not the novel description, but the manhwa's)
    Suah is a petite, red-haired designer who leads a drama-free life… until one morning, she wakes up tied to a chair. The man scowling down at her is none other than her roommate’s scary older brother, Seung-hyun, the owner of the apartment she’s been living in rent-free for the past eight years. He gives her one week to pack her bags and move out.

Panicked, Suah tries to plead and beg, but the coldhearted Seung-hyun’s got the upper hand. That is until he runs into Suah at work. Turns out she’s not only an essential member of the new team he put together but also one of the best employees he’s ever worked with. Like it or not, the two are stuck with each other for the foreseeable future.

Can Suah convince Seung-hyun to let her stay? And how will Seung-hyun keep things professional with the woman he wants to kick out of his house?

Novel: Just type 쇼윈도의 품격 in the search bar in Kakao (It's 15+ on kakao and I don't know how to do the stupid age verification thing)
    Raw Manhwa: Also type 쇼윈도의 품격 in Kakao (cover has red-haired girl)
    English Translation: search "Faking it in style" on Tappytoon (This is my first post, so I can't add any links or images)

Does anyone have any novel spoilers? I've caught up to chapter 13 for the manhwa ver.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Sumoliz and sinnerman like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. manhwagirl

manhwagirl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is a girl called Suah, redhead and she also aspires to be a tailor!

4. mvrle

mvrle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    literally just made an account just to reply in this thread lmao

I can pretty much get the gist of what’ll happen but still want spoilers and tried to find the novel for myself to MTL but no luck :( pls someone drop spoilersssss

thoughtless likes this.
  5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Ayaka1409

Ayaka1409 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked Kakao page and it seems there is 1 novel and 1 manhwa which has similar title 쇼윈도의 품격 but have completely different content.
    Kakao Page has more chapters than Tappy toon so I guess we just need to be patient weekly with how the story goes.
    From chapter 20, Seung Hyun has already felt anxious knowing that Suah is going to leave the apartment. Suah herself got a help finding new room from her male co-worker who likes her. He offers her to stay in his grandma's place. Apparently her colleagues realize that the guy likes her although Suah herself doesn't realize it (typical).
    When I read the comments, many readers dislike the ML because he's such a jerk, but this kind of jerk will be the most loving in every Kdrama plots at the end of story (you know, the character development). I'd love to watch the drama is this manhwa is to be adapted.

Guide1410, Isatoni and LeideLis like this.
  7. yutasthreateningaura

yutasthreateningaura Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know what will be the conflict in this manhwa? Will it be heavy or not?

8. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the mc’s dad saved the ml and died in fire himself. The ml knows. Ml’s father also suspects...
    I also wonder what would be the source of climax in the story!

yutasthreateningaura likes this.
  9. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need moreee spoiiileerr pleeeaaaseeee

10. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So one correction! Ml knows someone saved him but doesn’t know it’s the mc... he is looking for mc under order of his grandpa...

11. Ariary

Ariary Sucker for isekai troupe

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the latest raw and...

Hahaha the kisses surely ADORABLE:blobowoevil_horns:

StrawberryShin likes this.
  12. StrawberryShin

StrawberryShin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi^^ where do you read the raws? can you link it here pls

13. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Newtoki95 has this story...

14. nowaynoway

nowaynoway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they are jussssst toooo cute!!
    sorry but I couldn't find the novel in kr but I found some raws of the manhwa. I love how Suah (the FL) is all cute and capable. I don't like how Seunghyun (the ML) acts but because I like Suah character and their cute scenes when they are flirty I'll keep reading it. Sometimes his attitude gets on my nerves but so far it's an interesting manhwa.
    Okay. Somehow they ended up coming back from the barbecue at their parents house. The grandpa approved it saying something about the wedding date lol. The only one who knew they weren't dating was the father, he asked the son around the corner.
    Oon their way back, they stopped to eat at a korean street food bar. Then she got drenched by a car when she was going to pick a cup that fell and went rolling to the street, he reacted so fast and called her name. On their way back to the apartment elevator, she was laughing so hard about what happened and about his reaction. He was embarrassed and while they were talking he took her in the elevator. Somehow in the mist of joking-talking about it, he kissed her. Then she kissed him back with her arms on his neck. Then they got home all shy and 1 meter apart. They were receiver by the actress manager with the baby at hand. She went running al shy to her room.
    When she was changing, and he was still on the living room, the manager received a call about the actress being hit by her husband at the studio in front of the staff and everyone there. Anyway, in sum, they must go to the hospital. So he takes the baby, and she came and says sth about being worried and everything. He is going to take the baby to her, because he would be anxious as it's not the first time his dad hitted his mom (the actress).
    Before he goes, she grabs his elbow shirt and tells him all cute that she'll be waiting and To take care. He goes all cutie and heart all over the bg. Then he kiss her (it looks like a father with his child in arms kissing his wife when he just came back home or it's going out with their child). The she kiss him back while - only her feet are seeing going upwards.)
    After the barbecue, when the father was watering the plants, the mom was asking him why he was worried and kinda against it. Because she knew it wasn't because she was simple but htere was sth else. And tells the mom that it isn't because he was putting a facade to fool the grandafther but because of sth else. He calls his secretary to bring some documents. the mon is surprised he een went as far as to do a BG check. Then he gave it to her and says that her father is the firefighter who saved their son. Okay the mom reads the document and is woah. She asks how come, the father says he wouldn't know it if it wasn't for jihyun(the sister of the ML) who told him that it could be. then the mother goes out all making and important call about sth that has to do with what just happened.
    As we know, the dad gave his jacket and oxygen to the ML and left. But what happened afterwards that? how he died saving his life?
    At some point the park structure started to break and the ML saw in his side vision that a column was going to fall on him. Then the father (1.88m) was the one who was supporting the column with his hands with gloves. (But still, we all know that those gloves can help but it will still burn after a while). So the gloves started to heat. And the father is trying hard to keep it from falling on them. (I didn't translate this part but I think he says sth or it's just sfx of the BG. Maybe to go away? not sure because what happens afterwards is not seeing because that's the end of the ML flashback.)
    Then we all know that when he went to the funerary site, after he was the mom&FL crying, he went away without returning the jacket or letting them know he was there and that the father saved him. And he has aphasia for a year because of regret and guilty which is natural for ppl who suffer from this type of accident or similar situations.
    I stopped translating it at this point, and the link was broken so- but here's what it looks like so far:
    the ML and the actress meet with a blonde guy in the hospital (I think he's a famous chef or sth famous but it seems he's the famous designer). They try to get out of the media, and hide the blond guy. They went to the ML&FL(Suah) apartment. He wakes her up and says someone came, it's the blond guy. and she's surprised and tries to get ready and he tells her sth (jelly) so she just put a jacket (I think it's the designer because she was really nervous and kinda admired or shy before meeting him). So the 4 of them are eating korean fried chicken. They are talking or sth, she can't avoid not seeing the actress hematoma, so she goes and brings rices, the leaves and some (it seems) spicy bean paste. And makes a roll to give her in the mouth. The blond guy is seen that and he's face goes all like I wan to try, she asks and is on her way to give it to him on the mouth when the ML just comes between them and eats it. So the rest is just the ML pushing the blond guy apart from her. Jelly and overprotective bf style.
    JELLY: Okay he's all jelly and overprotective when the blond guy is near her or sth. The actress and the blond guy make fun of them. These guys are really good friends, I like them.
    CUTIES: Then at the company, she is on the elevator with her co-worker (the one who had it for her) and her phone fell when they were getting out. The co-worker goes to pick it up but someone got it first: the ML. He tries to ask for it to give it to Suah, but he goes all like nope. And kidnaps the phone and goes running. She follows him running. She runs after him and can seems to catch him up until they get to the library or some archive part were there's a lot of ppl. And the they get to some shelves with wheels. (those shelves that has small wheel and can be moved around). The ML looks at her all smiley and astute and move it and behind it there a door. he opens it, pulls her inside and closes the shelves and then the door. He then back hugs her. So cute and flirty they are. Then he kiss her on her forehead, he says sth flirty-cute,she's embarrassed and wants to get out. He gives her phone back and hold her wrist and kiss it. then this time, they finally kiss mouth to mouth . And somehow they got back. ML is on his car to someplace, when he remember, he smiles and start laughing with a compressed laugh-the classic ghostly-weird laugh of scary dudes-. The secretary and the chauffeur are with serious WTH faces. Meanwhile Suah is laughing/squealing at her desk after remembering their kiss. (not important but the co-worker saw it and put his serious-shocked faces as a bad feeling because he knows and it's afraid sth might happen between them).
    FIGHT: okay not so sure what really happned because chapter 56 was missing because it was the same as chapter 57. But it goes sth like the ML was actually going to meet the restaurant owner who was the friend of Suah's father. They meet. And they talk. Then sth must have been talked at 56 because on 57 he's drunk. And Suah picks him up or sth on the street table outside a minimarket. He is found all drunk with a bag filled with vainnilla ice-cream. And says something cute and embarrasing that even the chauffeur had to cough. (classic drama like). FL is goes all shy. When they got home, she put him on the sofa is going to help him or sth buthe wakes up and says sth she says she was helping her with his cothes only with a serious face. Then she goes to in his room to hang his clothes and when she opens it she finds a firefighter jacket. Not sure what really happened because I don't know if he knows Suah is the daughter or what. But he comes to the room and she ask him about it, seems he didn't answer and it might have gone him saying why she's in his room or sth because she went all red and guilty and he told her to go out (signaled the door), they also fighted just when she was going out and she goes out trembling nearly crying. He goes and caught her wrist and from the back he knew she was kinda crying because she was trembling, he says sth while he softly holds her hand. But she just hold it, turns around like nothing's going on and tells him sth with a smile and goes to her room. since then they haven't spoken.
    MOOD. The ML is moody at work even the secretary can see it when he enters. Something happened at work seems the other female superior who has it on her, told her to go to an old superior This upper man ended up scolding her. -don't know what. She was mad too. In a meeting, where the ML, the board and the ML's mom are, they are talking, but the ML is all moody and the mom can see it. Somehow there is also that old superior who scolded Suah, he was saying sth and the ML kinda goes all in and scold him. I think even the mom could see it was over board. So when everyone is back the mom talks with him and kinda sees he's sulking and sad and with an attitude of "I don't know what I did wrong" and I think she might notice it's because he had a fight. Okay, so then I don't know what they talked, but he's all alone in the meeting all regretful with his head on his hands. Then he shouts sth out and the co-workers passing are surprised. They are ignoring each other, and pass by each other, when she's going in an elevator with her male co-wworker, he stops the door but she just hides behind the coworker. Then, It's seen that Suah is on her way back home and intervened by a reporter, she just go away when she notices him trying to get to know sth about her relationship. When she got home and saw her mom outside lol. At this point she enters and tries to write a message to the ML to avoid him entering and her mom seeing him, just when she writes him, it happened what she was thinking. Then somehow she tries to cover it but the ML all sly and sassy tell her mom sth and goes inside his room. It seems he told her they were. living together because Suah is all like this mtfkr face. It seems neither of them know yet who is who, because there was no reaction. Anyways, the mom and Suah area talking in a restaurant, suah is explaining or sth.
    Then she goes back and sees him in the living room (with the sofa all bed mode) and says sth, he answers in a natural way-what's the problem attitude, she's mad because of what he did and starts hitting him with a pillow. She cries and turns and when she's going away he takes her wrist and pull her into the sofa with him on top. He tells he sth, she shouts back, he's surprised and hugs her, says sth. Sorry but I don't know what they say. He hugs her. They kiss and kiss again. The next thing that it's seen is that they are sitting on the bed-sofa talking all red and he's without his sweater and left with his sleeveless shirt on. LOL. Seems things were getting hot but they stopped. Well, they talk, he puts his sweater on, and they kiss, and hug in the sofa. End of their fight.
    The next day he enters the office all happy that the secretary can clearly see he is excessively happy and all-shiny.
    Between ch.60 to ch.62: Before Suah gets home and reclames the ML for saying what he said to her mom, the reporter is on the street seeing the pictures he took of the both of them kissing, the day she got drunk, etc. The blond guy sees the laptop of the reporter and caught him up, he calls for help. Somehow, the male co-worker is there and helps. they made it delete the pictures the reporter goes but he's face is like 'ha, I've got a copy'. Anyways then the male co-worker and the blonde guys are in a restaurant. He is surprised this man knows sua. I think he obviously saw the pics but it's not seeing, or maybe he knows what might have been going on as to why the reporter had to delete the pics.
    After ML get to the office all happily, he receives a document about the matter with Suah's father. At this point I'm pretty sure he doesn't know who Suah is. The he receives a message that makes him change his face.
    Hope it helps! ;)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  15. nowaynoway

nowaynoway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think is the second guess! because they were embarrassed but the next thing is they are just kissing like when they know they like each other and they know they can kiss and hug. I guess that can also happen. But maybe in the future we'll get them officializing their relationship, for sure they being protective over their relationship or of each other or over their families, or maybe we'll get straight to a wedding or some sort or official relationship accepted by everyone who knows:blobjoy:

Marcie likes this.
  16. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thabk you so much for this! I tried to read in newtoki but it seems haven't been uploaded since a month ago. So may I know where did you get the raws?

17. Flow07

Flow07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoiler. Sth means sorry, I guess?

18. TuranTHESuperstar

TuranTHESuperstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jerk? I don't think he is a jerk. Anyone would be rude to a tenant, who lives for free and that too for such a long time. I would have sent her to jail for being a freeloader.

Tofufufu and Ariary like this.
  19. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think so, the sister is the one asked her to stay and she stay but later ml came in without any prior notice, and Sue literally asked the guy to give times to move, it s not like she tried occupy his place, but for a man, he is rude when talked to her in rude manner, eat her food after yelled at her. She agreed to be his fake gf to stay in his place a few weeks before moved out, moved really need to time especially she needs to find place which has reasonable price, unlike him, who is rich. So the good solution most people do is give prior note to ask move out, but our ml didnt. And he is short temper with sharp tongue. I dont know why fl fell for him to be honest

Jeonsolmi likes this.
  20. Jeonsolmi

Jeonsolmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also don’t know why she fell for him
    With his ways of overreacting and trash mouth, i would have moved out as soon as possible. The coworker guy is sweet trying to help her in every way possible and it’s obvious that he likes her a lot but of course he is a 2nd ml

Tasnuva likes this.