Discussion Cruel reincarnation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It just occurred to me, what if one of us got reincarnated or transmigrated but without plot armour or cheats yet having the trash talent cliche just without the reversal of fortune from plot armour.

Yet having read so many novels we adamantly thought that our cheat would appear one day, so we waited and waited and waited. Day by day, week by week, until we counted the decades passing by. But that day never came, and without talent we died a.simple.death no different from our previous life.......

That would be so dark and cruel on so many levels. I'm sure whoever it is would curse having memories of all these mcs with plot armour or would've rather stayed in their previous world or would've committed suicide (not everyone can wait until they die of old age, I'd give up at 60 of it was me) or maybe I'd wallow in despair in a different way.

Still though, this happening to me would be the most cruel torture I could ever imagine. Our burning hope for the future hyped up by our knowledge of so many stories similar to us but without the crucial element: Plot armour. Thus out dreams fade away as we still wait with our dying breath hoping it's all a joke or dream and our cheat or reversal of fortune would come.any day now....But it never does.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To prepare for such an eventuality and prevent any stray delusions of grandeur, one must regularly train one's mind into believing one is nothing more than a cannon fodder...

repeat after me: I am a cannon fodder! I am a cannon fodder! I am... :blobhero:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that not dying even after you should have is already plot armor enough

Nightow1, AliceShiki and MidstNost like this.
  4. Krinxin

Krinxin Book of Weird Animal Facts

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea...that would be pretty messed up. I would probably cry for a couple hours then think bout committing suicide before wimping out of the decision. But I think for me it would also depend on what type of world I was reincarnated into. Who knows maybe its a world with magic, course it would suck to not get cheats but hey magic!

5. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be pretty messed up, but there are some good sides to it if you think about it. Living your everyday life however you want, just in a different person’s body. It sounds interesting if you think about it. For instance, you could experience things you never have before and you can also meet new people to become friends with which might help your EQ. Plus, if you can actually get out of that world by dying and you are still alive in the original world (also the same age, same period, basically time stop), then you can use what you learned from the other world to help you in life. This topic will be an interesting thing to read in a transmigration novel.

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't you try to make the best out of the situation? Use some skill like baking bread to make a living?
    Maybe I'm just not ambitious?

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well that really depend on what kind of world this cat trash ehem turn into~ the background and such~ there also when this cat remember such stuff~
    imagine remember past live with all it knowledge just before banished cuz this cat is the villain on otome style... or before execution~ ba~ just die lol~

anyway, even typical isekai this cat have lil interest to become adventure or lord ya know~ cuz it such a pain despite it privilege~ this cat is dumb and too lazy~ there various factor that may raise problem for application of this cat knowledge on isekai stuff~

meh better take hoe and become farmer~
    wild monster appear!
    me dead
    19657.png

8. Kansuou

Kansuou Song of Lone Indifference.

Reading List:
    Link
    What if you can't use magic, you'll just be a normal boring human lol.

Krinxin likes this.
  9. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    But... would you want those cheats in the first place and have yourself embroiled in all those fights and faceslapping and stuff that the original protagonist had? :hmm:

Nightow1 and AliceShiki like this.
  10. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An isekai harem anime like this would be funny!

11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would this be cruel? o.0

Reincarnating as a normal person just means a second chance to live life. A second chance to make friends, to pursue your dreams, to find love... That sounds great!

I have tons of dreams in my life, and I doubt I'll be able to make them all come true... I'd surely love to have a 2nd life to pursue the rest of those dreams.

I wouldn't ever expect a cheat tbh. I'd be happy just being able to live longer~

*caveat: Some things about myself are things that I hate, and I would surely hate if I was reborn hating myself again. I'd definitely be troubled if the things I struggled a whole life to change and/or accept came back to me at full force after reincarnating... But that aside, I'm sure I'd love to reincarnate~*

Nightow1 likes this.
  12. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh but then again at the first place why were you relying or so focused onto the thought of having a golden finger, cheat or plot armour lol and how naive can you be to think that everything will go as you expected, life isn't some fiction that's only revolving around the people mentioned in the story.

Nightow1 and AliceShiki like this.
  13. phonebinder

phonebinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I won't even be able to understand their language if I reincarnated. If I transmigrated then I won't receive my predecessors memories.

14. Krinxin

Krinxin Book of Weird Animal Facts

Reading List:
    Link
    I would cry, I would cry so hard. But then again It would also have to depend on if the world I'm in really sucks or not.

15. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    live as cannon fodder

16. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People that transmigrate and think they will automatically get a cheat are those that read lawyer's disclaimers in the most optimistic fashion possible. lol.