How often do you play online games?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by luckypenguin, Jun 12, 2021.

1. luckypenguin

luckypenguin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you like about online games? Why ?

2. Uselessdead23

Uselessdead23 〘Dead but alive at heart〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Me who don't have a single game on my phone; yes.

3. NovelSchemer

NovelSchemer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rarely- my mother prohibits me from playing games...(┬┬﹏┬┬)

4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    The opportunity to play with and against other people. The social aspect too.

5. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to play it a lot. What i like about online games is the social aspect of it. After all, everything becomes more fun with friends, right?

6. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Prolly only 5 -12 or more hours per week only. Why? To fill in that gap called boredom. I like them not because they're online but because online game content is usually more diverse compared to offline game content due to frequent updates.

7. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I mainly play genshin so it's mostly pve. I'm not that attracted to social aspect of games but not that i mind, i used to play something with a guild system. I guess what I liked about games is that it's not as static as reading, you feel like you're doing something. It's not as taxing as my other productive hobbies. And compared to offline games, you get updates. It feels like your game has continuity and you don't get bored fast. Offline games tend to be either one-off thing or unlimited repetition of something.

Though, that said. Offline games have their own charm, it depends on what you want at a certain moment.

8. luckypenguin

luckypenguin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I myself can disappear in front of the computer for a couple of hours. I play Minecraft. I'm probably most attracted to multiplayer. Then the main thing is just to choose a quality reliable server here and just enjoy, not thinking about the fact that everything can be unexpectedly interrupted. But I also know cases when friends from games met in real life and now communicate in real life. Have you ever had that?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  9. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I know people who became RL friends after meeting in online forums, does that count~?

And well, all of my boyfriends were people I met in forums too... >.>

10. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    *me with 3 games, 1 from Yostar, the other 2 from miHoYo*
    Do you even asked?

11. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    How often do I play online games? Very. Most android game, even single player, require me to play it online.
    What do I like about online games? If we consider single player game in android game library that needs to be online as an online game (while it is no different to offline game like there is no multiplayer component at all), it is just a time waster for me, like any other game. nothing more.

Even some single player game nowadays require me to go online to play. Such as the sims 4. It's a single player game. It doesn't interact with other players. But it needs me to go online to play. Why do I have to be online to play that game!???

12. UnzipArka

UnzipArka Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to play many online games. Currently i'm playing Overwatch, League of Legends and Phantasy star online 2. But i also play a lot of single player game so i don't know... It basically goes on what i want to play in that moment

13. mreberry

mreberry Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to play mabinogi a lot. Social aspect is everything, really.

14. anokatax

anokatax Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I play online games, I usually binge them for a bit and then leave for a long time. It's mainly because there's meta's associated with optimal builds/strats and certain events happening. If I leave, I tend to forget those or become out of the loop what other players are doing. So I like to play in bulk and really enjoy that. The issue is most online games I played devolve to some sort of grinding which really hurts the experience.

But I do like meeting real people, and it does feel like an actual world at times. Some mmos I've enjoyed include: MapleStory, Runescape, and Project Gorgon.

15. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still on Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 after 5 years, constantly being schooled by kids less than half my age.

[​IMG]

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    community, people who have similar mind tend to flock together~
    pvp, solo player game have it own charm~ still the idea against other player is fun~

well this cat kinda retired from online game~

kkgoh likes this.