Discussion Shoes.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Jun 26, 2021.

?

Who's the best to nom? Just curious~ There is no wrong answer.... :)

1. Skullie

50.0%
  2. Bobasis

20.0%
  3. Skullie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Napelyn

10.0%
  5. Skullie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bad Stormy doggo

10.0%
  7. Skullie

10.0%
  8. *Napelynn....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Shoes. (TL/DR at end)

There are so many different kinds, in many different sizes, colours, and some serve purposes. Maybe to help you run faster, or skate better, or simply provide more comfort. Some people have some to wear at home, and some to wear out. Some people collect them and don't even wear them. Some people have shelves of shoes, and wear them and love showing them off. And some people, only get new shoes once a year, or if they feel like it after they're run down. (For the record I am this person, and I don't go out much anyway).

I got a new pair of shoes in May, and these ones are to serve a purpose. Not only do they serve the purpose as most shoes, which is to make walking outside easier, but these ones are a little heftier in the soles, and have a grip, to help me keep my balance.
    I also picked them because of their thick soles, I can kick people. I happen to kick a lot of people in my life, but anyway, I picked them for their style because I have always liked how they looked.
    But I also have been skating for half a year now. I can't do anything fancy sadly, for multiple reasons (the main one being my busted up body...) but as long as I can get from here to there faster and without walking, it's good. And I love skating, it is fun. When I don't face plant. ^^

And so I'm wondering, what kind of shoe person are you? Do you only get one pair just for the sake of having shoes? Do you have two? Or three? Or seven? Or 10? Or 17 pairs? Do you even ever WEAR them? Tsk!

What kinds are they, and do they serve a special purpose, like to help you dance, or play basketball? You prefer lightweight shoes or something to quickly slip on to run down to the dollar store? Or are you like me and pick thicked sole shoes so you can kick people (this is only a half-joke, don't worry) and skateboard to your destinations. Or....are you a nude foot? And walk on the hard, mean, tough, rock-strewn ground with your bare, poor, sensitive little feet? ( o_o)

Edit: Flip flops are pog

Small storytime, I didn't kick him, but I did take my shoe off once (and it had THICK soles) and hit him in the face with it. He called my sister a racial slur :blob_thor: so I whipped my shoe off and hit him in the face and he busted his lip open.

---

TL/DR:

Shoes. Do ya wear? Do you not? Do you kick? Do you eat? Do you even acknowledge the shoe? Tsk!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  2. Deleted member 363076

Deleted member 363076 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I wear FLIP FLOPS!!

Mr. Tired likes this.
  3. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    HOW DARE I FORGET ABOUT THE AMAZING FLIP FLOPS, WHILE THEY CURRENTLY ARE ON MY OWN FEET? FIE!

Deleted member 363076 likes this.
  4. Napelynn

Napelynn Tuna Angel

Reading List:
    Link
    I have shoes. I’m not a savage. I wear them sometimes. The type depends on what I’m going to do. By that I mean am I going outside for myself or to do something fancier? I’m a peaceful person so I don’t kick people. If I have to, I’ll punch them. I wouldn’t put my shoe on my hand for that.

Most importantly, you spelled my name wrong.

5. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    DARN IT.

6. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    As i have back issues, i like shoes i can put on without bending over. The best ive found are mocs from marrell
    [​IMG]

Mr. Tired likes this.
  7. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    :0
    Oh yes, I wants, I have back pain too maybe I should get some. But I hate getting laceless shoes because then I feel like everyone is thinking I don't know how to tie them >:[

8. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    I dun know i guess, I've been gifted a pair of running shoes and that's what I have now

9. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Run, Forrest, run.

Negiomi likes this.
  10. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Odd thing to worry about. Could say the same for anyone that wears shoes with zippers, buckles, or straps. Best advice is to ignore the naysayers and wear what is most comfortable and accessible to you.

11. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have sneakers! I have... 2 pairs? One's really old and there are holes in it, so I should really get new ones, but the new ones I have are awful.

They rub the skin on my heel raw when I wear them. I've been putting bandaids on my heels recently and when I take off my shoes after a walk... the bandaids have tears in them. Gosh, it's scary thinking about how that could've been my skin. :notlikeblob:

12. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get shoes that serve a purpose, steel toed shoes for work, which I wear frequently, a pair of rain boots for working outside in muddy conditions, dress shoes, flipflops, and a pair of sketchers which are nicer and easy to slip on.

13. Aki9012

Aki9012 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Till last year, I only used one pair. I mentioned this randomly to my friends when they pointed it out that I don't wear any other pair of sneakers. As a result, I recieved two converse shoes (different colours thankfully) and a pair of high healed vans for my birthday last year. So this year, I have four pairs. But I've got an amazing looking pair of all purpose floaters which I still wear the most ;P

14. inactive_rose

inactive_rose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shoe Usage (?) :
    • Sliders - 65% (Home, most times I go out in summer)
    • School Shoes - 20% (ONLY for school)
    • Trainers - 15% (I have lots for someone who barely wears them)

15. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    the only use i have for shoes other than wearing them, is throwing them at my brother......:blobwhistle:

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I currently have normal sneakers and that's it.

My feet are a bit too big, so it's stupidly hard to find anything my size, so I rarely buy shoes...

17. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually wear sneakers . But sometimes I might wear flip flops and some slider shoes . I also own some pair on heels meant for kicking people : D. Also why am I mentioned in the poll

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    talking about shoe~ have you ever wonder why women have so many kind of shoes?
    is it cuz fashion thing?

anyway this cat have 3 kind of shoes
    working shoes
    formal shoes
    random shoes
    thats it

19. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I pretty much only wear thick-soled boots, since it’s easier for me to move in (and it adds a bit to my height :blobowoevil_horns:) and stomp on people if necessary. But I can’t wear them when I skate, I have to wear flat-soled shoes. We’re pretty similar~:blobhighfive:

20. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sandal supremacy.

asriu likes this.