Forgotten Title 90s/80s/70s Chinese novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by AllthingsAsian, Jun 27, 2021.

1. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (FL is VERY good at cooking, it's pretty much also a cooking novel!)
    I believe this either was a transmigration or reincarnation, but she came from the future(?) To the current time and had a husband and child (i think). Her husband works in the military and i think she used to neglect them both(?). They iron out their relationship and get on good terms again and they decide to move unto the army base with her son and she decorates their apartment nicely (even created couches) and started selling cakes (on the low, because it's illegal). She has some TERRIBLE neighbours with a spoilt child that continues to throw tantrums outside her door for cake... And by this time the FL is pregnant so she can't facilitate that order. Soon the troublesome neighbor reports FL for her activities and FL is almost sent to jail (she was in the interrogation room when her husband came in) n the husband dealt with the neighbor and her husband.
    The next person that moves in is a couple and their child. (i could be mixing up stories here but basically-) The mother is someone who used to be a scholar, she usually neglects her child and argues with her husband, but when she hears exams are resuming, she takes the exam and is accepted so she divorces her husband, leaves her child with him and goes off to uni. I believe she wanted to make friends with the FL as she used to be a scholar too, but was disgusted when FL said she had no intentions of going there because she is content with her husband and child.
    The woman's child also usually comes over for dinner n stuff.

Btw the husband has an influential family in the military, but his peers are not aware and he keeps being held back for promotions bcs they believe he's a regular person (aka he is supressed by the ppl that flaunt their connections).

I have NO idea why this arc is the only thing I remember from the novel (I don't even know if i finished it!), But I'd like to reread it.

2. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you may have mixed My Wife Spoils Me Too Much and Bringing Good Luck to your Husband in the ’70s
    i think, at least.
    this one sounds like the first title. MC is a woman from ancient times who accidentally transmigrates/reincarnates to modern day.
    She can cook and sew/embroiders genuine qipaos, shoes etc. MC eventually opens an online custom clothing store. I'm not sure if she sells food (been too long since I finished this) but her son and husband love her cooking lol

the rest sound like the second title

AllthingsAsian likes this.
  3. MissEnigma128

MissEnigma128 permanent caffeinated oversleeper

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm wait I think I have read this. In raw or something

4. Kei-Em03

Kei-Em03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, you mixed it. This part is should be
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/bringing-good-luck-to-your-husband-in-the-70s/

She was sent to the 70's to bring good luck to her soulmate. Started out as not married, they got married later on went to live in the military base. She sold cakes on a downlow. She had a neighbor who filed a case saying shes a capitalist or something. She was taken for questioning (but almost got forced to signing a confession, her husband (ML) came in time). When the woman and her hisband were no longer their neighbor. Another couple moved in. The child was neglected because the woman only knew to study and not care for her child. The child was cared for by MC and sons. Later on the mother went to test for uni and got in. She left and divorced her husband and child.

This should be: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-wife-spoils-me-too-much/

MC transmigrates to an awful wife of a military man. They later reconcile and move to the base. She's very good at cooking but didnt use it to do business. This is more modern than the previous novel, not the 70's. Her husband/ML lost promotion to someone using his wife's family's connection. But later on ML's grandfather, who was like very influencial in the military found out. Grandfather ordered a review of all promotions. Found out that the person promoted was not actually qualified. Promotion was really ML's.

AllthingsAsian likes this.
  5. AllthingsAsian

AllthingsAsian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!! I always mix these two up and only remember the latter's story title! <3

Yep i really did. I think i read them both at the same time but I'm always unclear about the luck one since i read the raws really fast and I'm still reading the "my wife spoils me too much"

judeiiro likes this.