Discussion The irony of the harem hater community

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Jun 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think people better not rate what they don't like mainly because it'll usually be biased or every toxic whether it's not liking BL, harem, horror or anything else(unless you're actively reading the novel). I usually don't rate harems since I don't read & avoid them anyways. I usually just drop & move on if I accidentally read one.

Lissi likes this.
  2. Soulblade831

Soulblade831 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do hate novels with harems in it, mostly cuz the protagonists are losers/beta, i dont think authors know how to make good mc with harem yet :/

But it seems dumn to go review a harem novel which u would obviously not like. Better to just ignore it and find something else to read instead of spreading hate:aww:

animefan4004 likes this.
  3. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with that though is that harem stories don't just have harem and if people only rate stories that only have things they like, then that somewhat makes having a rating system pointless, at least more so than it already is anyway.
    It is very possible that one might dislike harem but still give a harem story a chance because everything else seemed like it could be good enough for them to tolerate the harem.
    Of course the people that dislike it enough to not even give the story a fair chance shouldn't be rating though.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  4. Arnoach

Arnoach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh just filter the harem option out easy no need for being toxic I guess.

5. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is not what OP was talking about

OP was saying that these harem haters just go into properly tagged novels and bash it with 1* reviews without reading them or perhaps read it despite it knowing it's harem and then start bashing it.

you can see tons of such people even on the forums and it's very clear that they have no other points besides "i hate harem" and "harem is unrealistic" altho the majority of these harem novels takes place in older eras where harems were very, very common.

some of these harem haters are also racist as they specifically point out chinese authors and how many of them write harems.

however harems are very common in medival europe as well as japan/korea (all the big webnovel countries).

furthermore, a man is still legally allowed to have more than 1 wife in muslim countries so unrealistic? nah. they're just illogical and toxic haters.

another community is the BL/yaoi who is actually very, very small but very vocal. for some odd reason tho, on NUF, they're actually not that bad as they just read their BL stuff and don't really bother anyone and people who aren't interested in BL don't act like the harem haters...

again, not what OP was talking about. but that harem haters are vandalizing harem novels pages cus they hate harem novels

animefan4004 likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that small nowadays tbh, there is quite a bit of BL being translated these days, and they definitely get quite a bit of views.

It's still a niche of course, it can't really compare in numbers with stuff like Romance, Action and Adventure... but still, not nearly as small as you're portraying it.

Mani89 likes this.
  7. phonebinder

phonebinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we allowed to report 1 star reviews by harem haters?
    If yes, I'm gonna create a hundred accounts and spam report on all of them!!!

8. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    That is one way to get purposefully banned I guess. lol

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    unless you have a good VPN, and use it well.

Might get that VPN blocked though

10. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not like that would help much if he were to report them after posting the intent. lol

11. JuniorYouDare

JuniorYouDare Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I'll generally try anything, what turns me off way more than harem are the powerful/skilled but totally and completely spineless jellyfish male MCs. Like, seriously bud let them tiny little balls drop and speak up for yourself. The heavy duty beta syndrome will make me ditch a novel so fast.

I tried one the other day, can't remember the name now but it was one with a magic button where the guy trained his sword skills for a million years and because super OP, and immediately afterwards acted like a neutered dog, saying sorry to everyone for everything and taking tons of abuse. I made it a few chapters before I was fully enraged and just gave up.

Mani89 and phonebinder like this.
  12. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    That person reads too much ego boosting Chinese novels.

13. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    You say 90% then I suppose I'm not in among those 90% people. Although I don't like harem novels as they're most of the times poorly written and polygamy is a thing I detest, I'd not waste my time going around and spreading hateful words against it. I don't like it and that's it.