Spoiler It's No Use Hanging On

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aihi8, Oct 19, 2020.

1. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that totally makes sense, but again for this matter it’s more useful to have connections with more powerful houses and marry her off to a second/third son of a higher title noble, who can help the family with additional connections and who had money to get a good education for their children. Or just get one of the family vassals to be her partner, that way the power will stay inside the family. Otherwise why not marry her off to any passer by like a commoner, right?
    The current empress doesn’t have her own kids, so I’m only assuming that she either had a crush on the Archduke or that she maybe has some blood/emotional relation to Rakan, that hasn’t been revealed yet, this is why she hates MC. Anyways as far as korean authors bend actual history as they wish it can turn out that they had some additional rules in their aristocratic world or that MC’s mother was brainwashed by someone, or that she was quick to fall in love and fell for MC’s father right after a hot night with the Archduke… But she was described as a very active and smart person, so idk

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    Lucila and rock.doll like this.
  2. errorusernamesmh

errorusernamesmh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but being that dense can harm you

3. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, loyalty is questionable when it was pledged to two person. Especially in love.
    The Marquess started it first with Vienna's mom, and Marchioness basically just follows her heart and Kaira was born from it.
    Cheating is bad, yes none of us would disagree. However, that depends on who started it which by all opinion, makes them equally worst, with the exception of their very reason behinds it.

4. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that cheating is. I have heard many people say that it isn't cheating if it was under the context of an arranged marriage. I can see the argument since the couple who are in the arranged marriage are more likely pressured into the marriage and are only doing it because they were forced. Or maybe only one party is the one happy in that marriage. I also understand that my modern projection of a relationship is at play here and it's easy to say to the couple to 'break up' when the arranged marriage is basically a contract between families and not individuals. Or even 'suck it up' and disregard the feelings of those who were in love because it was the practice back then. The old version of emotional cheating was also prevalent but they don't consider it as cheating. So, I just have to say it is hard because complicated feelings are in play.

5. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    To some reason, I found that during certain age in 16-1700, it was said that single woman would always being talked behind their backs whenever they approached someone. However, a married woman approaching another man wasn't exactly necessary to be talked about, since during that time, most couples were all about business than love, which was why it was normal for them to hanging out (even having an intercourse) as long as they never finds out about each other (and of course, accidentally made that 'mistake').

beazacha and Riell.daniella like this.
  6. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    So, could the wise you enlighten me of what is so "dense" in the post you quote?

Asya.M likes this.
  7. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Look up on what thread he's quoting. It's about cheating being unhealthy, yet somehow necessary during those times... I guess.

errorusernamesmh likes this.
  8. errorusernamesmh

Reading List:
    Link
    You can look at the quote under you it seems like you can't separate how things work the "modern times" with stories that probably situated from the 13th century

peach.pudin likes this.
  9. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    And? What's so "dense" about it? And what do "modern times" and "13th century" do with "cheating"? No matter what time or place or situation or for any reason, cheating is cheating, in older days, people got punished harshly for cheating on the spouses their parents chose for them, and in modern days people don't get punished as harsh for it but would be frown upon.

Asya.M likes this.
  10. errorusernamesmh

Reading List:
    Link
    Girlie cheating back then was literally wide spread ✋ idk if you can be more realistic or what, and idk if you can read properly i specifically mentioned "PROBABLY situated somewhere in the 13th century" where cheating is wide spread unlike in the modern times, yeah cheating is cheating but realistically speaking you can't stop that in a POLITICAL marriage. (And it's a POLITICAL marriage so it's bound to be that way let's be realistic here)

11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It all depends on the era and on religious views and traditions in that country. Even nowadays it is ok to have a harem of women in some countries and from western perspective it’s cheating, but from their traditions it’s absolutely normal.
    The world is not black and white, there are a lot of facts to consider before judging someone and putting a label on them.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  12. WHF_reads

WHF_reads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thank you for the spoilers! It grew immensely compared to before I visited the thread ❤

13. Orphus

Orphus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is confusing for me... My brother's name is Valon.... I just can't

Alniyat likes this.
  14. Azure_1802

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but if that man gets involved with women outside of his wives in his harem, they also consider it cheating.
    I still don't understand your point, didn't the MC of this novel also break the engagement because she didn't want to cheat on her fiance? Then what's with the "cheating was wide spread"? And you also know what cheating is, then what's your point?

15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is kinda unfair and twisted to be ok with a man having several wives but saying MC is a cheater for being in love with her childhood friend while being engaged without her consent to another person.

You can’t call it emotional cheating because her engagement was a contract between families which didn’t include feelings of the parties involved into consideration. She didn’t promise her heart to her fiancé and he didn’t do the same. The engagement like this is a bit similar to when you’re hired for a job by a company, you promise to work hard, but you don’t need to like your job and you can look around and have interviews with other companies if anything is not going as expected in your current company. This is why engagements were broken often without much consequences. Because involved parties are involved only superficially, there’s no joint property, kinds and much of emotional attachment involved.

And regarding what was said before that cheating was common at that time. It was and is very common around the world. Some eras, cultures and traditions dispraise it, some don’t care and some allowed in some ways, so again you can’t judge people for cheating before you know their circumstances.

16. errorusernamesmh

Reading List:
    Link
    What's my point? Weren't you like going on a rampage saying that cHeatIng iS cHeatIng so i had to explain that it's normal for a POLITICAL marriage tf is up with your comprehension

And why tf did you just mentioned that she broke the engagement off before she got on the other guy just now when this argument was going on for weeks, so you did know she broke the engagement off before she went to the other guy but you weren't you convincing others that she was a cheater?

17. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone gives interpretation over their conversation? The hag seems like she's enjoying to humiliate Kaira and saw her helpless against her remark. It's annoying, really.

Dobokan likes this.
  19. nicolebackk

nicolebackk New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there anywhere I can buy this complete in English? I don’t mind paying but I mind waiting weekly for updates. Or buy all the chapters in English in one go. Please any info is appreciated.

xpeanut and Dobokan like this.
  20. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 35:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is it just me or the Empress had a really, really, really nasty grudge on Kiera?

mia-chan, Dobokan, bochucha and 3 others like this.