Spoiler The Devil / 마귀

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Gothita, Aug 25, 2020.

?

THE DEVIL novel has 227 chapters, Ongoing . Do you guys think the Ending will be Tragedy? T-T

Poll closed Jul 9, 2021.
  1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. SakuraCitra

SakuraCitra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In this manhwa we cant choose which good or bad because all the character have their own reason for being evil and for being good, example : Griselda look so innocent in the first few chapter, Winfried force her to make love and she cant refuse, she being abuse by the duchess, who kill her husband and make her lost her baby, she must face a bad reality when her lady have forbidden relationship with her brother and if John and Annete really runaway, Griselda will became punish because she not guard her lady properly. But the truth she have one crime, she kill a innocent newborn baby because she want take revenge

2. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorryyy, I panicked when i read the raw that forgot the novel is still ongoing lol. I changed my question then, does someone know what happened with annette and john in novel now?

boom2424 likes this.
  3. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    You can see from previous comment in this forum, so far from the novel compare with the plot in manhwa
    - After John find Annete and Henrik (Henrik then excape) Annete will say something about she hate John and love Henrik. John crying and beg to her forgive but she refuse
    - later Annete will trying to seduce John, like she give him oral sex or something like that. The John will be have flashback in his point if view

Ribonned, Ang3Blue, boom2424 and 2 others like this.
  4. Nadricka

Nadricka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I take my words back.
    The new chapter is so messed up.
    Though I do wonder what's gonna happen next.:hmm:

5. Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh damn, Inette really is far gone, but this is a very unique and interesting take. Never have I seen a Korean webtoon/ novel be so bold in making their MC so messed up, but I like it. It’s refreshing from the boring usual 2-dimensional goody-two-shoes MC. You never know what to expect, you can’t guess what will happen.

6. BluePoodle

BluePoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed! This is the drama I was looking for (✧∀✧). I especially like how the author made both leads f* up. You don't really know who to root for. Normally, the fl or ml is always so righteous. And the art style of this manhwa seems like a mix of western and asian. Absolutely gorgeous.

EDIT
    Also thank you to @SakuraCitra for summarizing the latest raw chapter!

Ribonned, boom2424, Aya3939 and 2 others like this.
  7. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    Your welcome, the story so far really make us as a reader fall into the plotline, like how Annete feeling about her situation and how hurt John feel about his love.
    Example : I also feel angry and dissapoint when John find Annete cheating, and I also feel gulity when Annete must face her fear. This story take place in small circle, just around two people (John and Annete) but everything so well written. I know this manhwa isnt perfect and have many lack, but the lack itself make it interesting

8. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who read the novel, could you give us spoiler? What happen with Annete and John after the cheating event and after the flashback from John poin of view? Did John decide leave Annete with her behavior and let her have a lot moment with Henrik? Or he take Annete somewhere again?

9. playr543

playr543 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this. Do please give us spoilers!

Ribonned, boom2424 and Mermaidluvly like this.
  10. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    yes who i really find gross is her maternal son (i forgot his name). Still dont like her thou

boom2424 likes this.
  11. BluePoodle

BluePoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People, chapter 42 is out!!!!
    What a twist… We knew it already from the spoilers, but it's so cool to finally see it now too.
    The author really throws us around like a squash ball.
    And I love IT!!! This manga is probably my fav right now.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  12. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 42 make me feel sorry for Innete, about her first husband died, she knew but she act she dont know anything because she dont want John gone trouble, and because John said "you cant leave me, annete" I understand why she really envy toward her brother, John not let her to be free, but he himself walk freely. I know for now John try hard to make Innete wish became true, but Innete herself have hard time to move on.

13. Nadricka

Nadricka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new chapter is wild.
    I'm speechless now.:blobsad:

Ribonned and boom2424 like this.
  14. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    raw chapter 56 so far after using google translate (I just translate a few last scene so I dont know what happen and what they said in the beginning):
    - John's real name is Idris, the devil in the coffin tell her "my son's name is Idris..." After she break the coffin, just not sure the event a few times after Innete's got her first picture of her second husband or a few years ago.
    - Annete want to blame John for all her misfortune, she dont have anything left, she want to have what John get for being Valdemar because she feel their fate really different, John get everything but she not.
    - Annette feels that everything she does is solely to protect John, she turns a blind eye to all of John's actions, such as the murder of her first husband and John's secret relationship with his sister.
    - Annette asked "aren't you disgusted?" and then she continued, "because I feel disgusted to be your lover." She dont have anything except John's and she feel she became useless because she with John.
    - Innete take Henrik's sword and she decided to die or get suicide, because she feel so tired about her situation.
    - John safe her and hug her so the sword wound his body, I cant understand what Annete mean when she said in her monolog, "I wanted you to love me as if you were paying the price for your sins."
    And in the last scene she said to John, "The devil was me, John."
    - Btw and about John in this chapter, he already half transform in his devil form with half his human face and half his devil body, he said Innete betrayed him, but he still trying to stop Innete for hurt herself when she hold Henrik's sword and he hug her so the sword not hurt her body but hurt John.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  15. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the translations! Disgusted with previous chapter i was considering to stop reading this manhwa but curiosity stopped me from doing so.. so with that sword i hope john will die because that is what Innette wants.. he is not a human anyway and their relationship is full of toxic n damaged beyond repair.. Henrik is alive so she should follow him instead :D

boom2424 likes this.
  16. Mermaidluvly

Mermaidluvly Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    boom2424 likes this.
  17. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think he will die easily because when the king Indriason shot him he already stop breathing and his body became cold like he already gone. Maybe Innete's call make him back to life, as long as Innete dont say "just die, or kill yourself John." He will still be alive. I guess John purpose is Innete, since he love her long enough when they still a child. The problem is Innete herself, she always invite trouble, a second ago she kiss Henrik and make love with him, then she decide to suicide.

18. purple pink

purple pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait so fl cheated on ml? i don't like her anymore
    it feels like john is gonna die in the end. damn this novel gives me so much angst m having nightmares . m gonna start reading the manhwa if it has happy ending n it has tragedy tag. sad sh!t is not my thing

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  19. Ribonned

Ribonned Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 56 and I wanted that smut, but oh well.
    I’m having too much of conflicted feelings that my stomach is churning and I’ve just eaten so it’s not a good combination but oh boy what is Annete doing? She knows something there doesn’t she? Did she attempt suicide? Because she held that sword to her neck and she really seems to understand that while John was a demon inside or/and that the demon John is him when he wants something so bad (that’s basically what Annete thinks it is and she thinks it’s the curse from kreishmann, but we know better that’s the real demon showing inside this human version that grew from baby John’s childhood as a human) but Annete is transforming herself she’s growing into her own skin into this being hardened with mental traumas and who can blame her at this point? Sure I’m against what she’s doing but who can sincerely blame her? She’s been raped, constantly, and has been imprisioned by the person she loved and trusted most. She’s had ptsd from this person too, twice. Imagine going from this traumas and growing in a sheltered household and you know you are sheltered and that you don’t know much but to have all your base knowledge stripped from under you (the food in trees thing that made her realise that) and being exposed to this cruel reality that was being an adult with choices and supposed freedom from your prison and knowing all along that you love somebody you have grown to hate (any toxic parent child trouble) and you just don’t know what to do with it. And also this person (a man, the gender which your mother has conditioned you to hate) constantly says he loves you even when you know subconsciously that isn’t love, and transforms into a monster which let’s face it in rl that would be scary af, and tried to make guppies with you as a monster which—Annete is entering pleasure realm. Let the girl grow an attachment to pleasure first before making her explore her horizons John, and impaling her on that monster dck.— is bound to be uncomfortable. And horryfing what if your children end up being monsters? I don’t think Annete would take kindly to that idea and taking into account the time period well yeah. So of course she isn’t taking kindly to the idea that she might be the same as John, that she’s going over the edge and maybe she’s thinking something along the lines of “I’m being affected by the demon too, the curse is upon me too” because she had to have seen the eye before showing it to John. Maybe she was speaking of this “lover suicide” thing in the past chapter where John misinterpreted being about her and Henry. But oh well, love the story still

Ahhh

AHHHH
    IBIS
    THE NOVEL THE TITTLE BEFORE WAS IBLISS
    I THOUGHT IT MEANT DEMON IN IDK HEBREW? IBLIS SOUNDS LIKE THAT IT HAS THAT MYSTERY BUT AHHH THATS SO SMART AUTHOR SAN
    AND THANKS YOUU

20. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the manhwa tell more unpredictable, I dont think the smut is okay anymore between this twin. Because John feel betrayed and Annete feel ashamed about their situation. Since the beginning their relationship is mistake no matter they have blood related or not, their bond really strong which they envy each other and they hurt each other, John need find another girl and begin his own life and Annete need find another man who can love her and take care of her and begin her own life.
    Annete already life with many trauma and the center of her suffer is John (Not all because of John, but she blame him for all, so as long as Innete still thinking that way she will never find peace)