Other Request Ultimate Evolution Background Post

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Necromanico, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Necromanico

Necromanico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello Peeps of Novel Updates,

I'm reading Ultimate evolution and at the chapter 1056 (Ultimate Evolution! Terminator's death! Chapter 88 Rest and Change) there is mention of a post the author wrote that goes into the background of the nightmare realm. I cannot for the life of me find it. The original translator's patreon post is down apparently. Looking at the original novel post on qidian I cannot see anything that looks like it. Just going into the next few chapters after that, it's obvious the author expected readers to know some things from that posting. I would really appreciate everyone's help!

Thank you,
    Necromanico

2. DaoistSun

DaoistSun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same boat here, this is saddening missing a good part of a plot point.
    for anyone that has read it please give a small summary to a fellow reader and a sad boi

3. Flyri

Flyri New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, tried looking for it as well. But no luck. I feel the same way that the author excepted readers to know some things in the later chapters. So... someone got a link or at least would like to tell us what was on the Background - chapter?

4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Very late post, but I've read the Background chapter before and can tell you a little bit about its content. For future reference and any people who read the story later.

Disclaimer: I read the chapter long time ago, so don't expect anything perfect, as some detail might even be wrong.

There is an in-universe theory (from humanity in the future, not Sheyan's age) about time-travelling and many world interpretation, which led to the creation of the project nightmare realm, a kind of time-travelling machine (iirc, for some military purpose). After doing it a few times, the future humanity realised that there are consequences, making many imaginary worlds (movies/novels/plays) come to life and become other dimensions, so they stop the project.

Then the same scientist published a finding that "it doesn't matter if they stop now, the door is already open," so they resume the nightmare project. The nightmare project will snipe suitable warriors from the past and enhance them through countless missions to become strong military assets for future humanity.

Basically, Nightmare Realm is future humanity, and contestants are humans from the past recruited to become soldiers, and maybe get some good resources from the world of games/novels/movies.