Discussion Do you have a 'type'?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Jul 1, 2021.

?

Looks or personality? (out of curiousity)

1. Looks more than anything.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mostly looks, but I take personality into consideration too.

14.5%
  3. Both 100%

34.2%
  4. Personality, but definitely looks too.

34.2%
  5. Personality all the way, if they look good too that's more like a bonus.

17.1%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I never paid attention to this or even cared, I even half-jokingly rolled my eyes sometimes when I heard, "Oh, she's so my type; strong, quick-witted, and bubbly!" or "He is just the type for me; gentle, aloof, and a wanderlust like me~".

Alas...I was just looking through the home feed of my pins on Pinterest and I came to a halt. I scrolled up. And down. Up again. Then realized. I have a 'type'. I've had a type this entire dang time and I never realized it. I found it humorous, and so I wondered: What is your type?
    ----

"So, what type do you fancy?

The tall, silent type?

The loli-shota type?

The mischievous type?

The cool type?

Or...
    How about you try me?"

-Tamaki Suoh, Ouran Highschool Host Club

---
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, the trope "Rough on the outside, soft on the inside" and "red heads" for me, I guess.
    Though, I'm not quite sure if this counts for RL crushes-
    No, never mind, 60% of them were redheads or stuck up people who turned out to be lovely.

*Remember, if you do share a ton of pictures put them in spoilers ( / ^3^)/

2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it weird that people have a "type". :cookie: Like, what if you meet someone that you really like but they don't fit your "type"? :blobpeek: Or if you meet someone who's your "type" but you absolutely despise them. :blob_coughblood: Are you in love with a person or in love with your "type"? :hmm: Are you okay with anyone as long as they're your "type"? :notlikeblob:

3. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly why I was rolling my eyes at the concept at first. But Pinterest tells no lies.
    Although, I think the 'type' thing doesn't really matter once you meet someone you really like I guess, possibly just preference? Dunno. Love and attraction is weird and stupid and confusing.

So I guess it's the 'In love with your type' but it's different for everyone.
    Life is weird, life is weird.

Spoof, Cerene and ongoingwhy like this.
  4. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    Ngl.. I fell on the trope of "how about you try me?" This swag self need to be in control-

MY TYPE ON MEN IS SOFT BOYS, FEM LOOKING MEN- UGH-
    Kenma mah loves from haikyuu is one a great example of it.

In women? DOMENEERING WOMAN WHO HAVE A DOM ENERGY AROUND THEM-
    YES MA'AM STEP ON THIS LOWLY SLAVE OF YOURS-

So in summary, if they have like this cool energy around them? Like kenma is feminine and soft looking but he look kinda cold and cool, Dom women... Do I need to explain it? Cool is the definition of Dom women.

I'm always attracted to them, and then I look at myself.... And I am exactly the same.
    So I guess I'm attracted to myself? *Lip bite*

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Cutter Masterson and Mr. Tired like this.
  5. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to simplify yet over exaggerate things when faced with choices. In this case, would you prefer to be tortured by someone handsome or enjoy your favourite movie with someone with a slightly misfortunate face. Personally I believe, the face can still be beaten into shape of choice but not character.

phonebinder and Mr. Tired like this.
  6. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn’t think that I would find someone with the same type as me

7. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I love your train of thought.

8. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A type is just something you're more commonly attracted to like some people like spicy food more than others you might say the spicy food is more their type think about the friends that you make in real life most of the time they have personalities that fit within a certain type and in regards to appearances people dress a certain way because they like that type of style and when you look at another person that might be your type at shallow surface level doesn't mean anything in particular just that you might be more easily attracted to them people's first impression of another is almost always looks and then shallow personality traits and only after spending time with the person a lot of time will you actually get to know who they are and who they are is something much much deeper

9. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hard to believe with the amount of women here that read trashy romance with sadistic rapists as male leads.

10. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Being attracted to another person's personality or looks doesn't mean that you're in love with them

tekinwillie likes this.
  11. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really a type but I do have quite a few traits that I generally tend to avoid.

12. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a difference between knowing someone is attractive, being attracted, and being romantically (or more..) attracted to said person.

13. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Realistically thinking, I'm not that good looking too so I chose personality all the way. I need to level/balance the playing ground.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  14. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I fall in love really easily (it's a problem I'm well aware of) but it's almost always because of their personality. I definitely have a type for what I find more aesthetically satisfying, but not as much when it comes to attraction. Personality aside, my only requirement is hygiene. :blobsweat_2: What I mean is that there's a lot of really hot ppl out there, but I wouldn't want to date them just because of it

Mr. Tired likes this.
  15. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a type! Looks-wise, Chinese! Preferably tall! Preferably grew up in the US! And uhm~ Good with tools/fixing household appliances and willing to go shopping for me? :cookie:

And for personality... as long as he's willing to talk stuff out and is open to persuasion in arguments, it's enough! It'd be better if he's not lazy like me and also has similar interests, but that's not necessary for me. blobmelt_thumbs

And like... those are kinda my requirements for dating in the future. If the other person doesn't fit those requirements, I definitely won't be asking him out, even if we're really good friends.

My parents wouldn't approve even if we dated if he didn't fit some of those conditions anyway, so it's pointless to even bother lol :blobsip:

Though anime-wise... as long as I like the art style everyone's my type!!! :blobgift:

Mr. Tired likes this.
  16. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    "If you don't smell good & practise basic hygiene, I don't want to date you and nor does anyone else,"
    -Ollie, April, ?, 2018

Besides looks and personality, basic quirks and habits people do are important too. I don't really think they count as part of personalities?

babybb likes this.
  17. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy! If they can tolerate being my bestfriend and can cook! Hmm, never been attracted to anyone romantically so I might marry for just the benefits at this point

... actually, maybe it might not be so easy...

But aesthetically, hmm, I don't know I haven't met anyone I think of as actually really "pretty" in my life. Being sort-of not sensitive to faces might be it, so I guess I don't care so much since I can't tell if they're not a drawing anyways. But art wise, OP's first picture on the list really hits the spot, I'll stare at anything in that line and color style all day~

18. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Must be a girl (optional).

19. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a physical ideal and a personality ideal that I prefer.

But trying to match real breathing humans to ideals or types is destined to failure. Ideals and types work best when considering static objects, like "This is the type of painting I love, that's the type of painting I like".

Mr. Tired likes this.
  20. Tangshu

Tangshu Lady Of The Wind ☁️

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't felt any romantic attraction for anyone but I guess my 'type' would be someone with a bearable personality and decent looks.

Cerene and Cutter Masterson like this.