Discussion Class/school stories~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Jun 30, 2021.

?

How would you rate your high school experience?

1. 12/10 "Best time of my life!"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10/10 "I'd go back for another year~"

3.6%
  3. 9/10 "There were mishaps of course, but I miss it sometimes."

21.4%
  4. 8/10 "It was pretty cool, so much stress/gone wrong though..."

14.3%
  5. 7/10 "Nice. Didn't really make memories/happy to be over with it."

25.0%
  6. 6/10 "I didn't really like it for [whatever reason]"

10.7%
  7. 5/10 "Simply put, no. While I did learn stuff, I would never go back."

7.1%
  8. 4/10 "I hated it, don't bring back any memories, please."

3.6%
  9. 3/10 "What the hell? High school was SHIT."

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 2/10 "Destination f_ked, I don't want to acknowledge high school exists still."

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 1/10 "...."

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 0/10 "I am traumatized."

10.7%
  13. "I never went to high school/have yet to go."

3.6%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    (You can skip this)
    I wanted to narrow it down but wasn't quite sure how. At first, I was gonna make it as "Classes you took and didn't learn anything from/didn't like," but then I was curious about classes people didn't want to take, but accidentally did learn stuff and even enjoyed. And THEN I was curious if anyone can top the miscellaneous story I've shared about weird high school boys getting on desks when there's a substitute and deciding to take their clothes off and dance on the desk during a test.

I have a lot of...interesting stories from classes.
    ---
    A class I was put into but didn't want to take was Marketing. I thought it'd be boring and I'd fail it, so I was kind of childish on the first day (I even admitted this to the teacher later and apologized, but he was kind about it). It turns out that's where I met my best friend and first-ever considered 'Bro'.
    It's like, we were bro-mates, bro. Like God finally let us meet and we were just stupid and chummy with each other and it was awesome, I never really had a male friend like that before. Then he sent me a text "Lol, I moved away <3"
    ;-; ouch. I do miss him.

Anyway. I HATED the class at first, it was confusing, and I didn't understand what all these 'stocks' and 'markets' and 'marketing tactics' were. I had a C- that semester. The next semester though, I had an A+ and it was more fun since I actually tried to enjoy it. I also learned a lot, and now know for example:
    Let's say there's a pack of 6 candy bars for $5.99 and then there is a pack of three candy bars for $2.99. We were taught that buying two of the three-packs for $2.99 is better than the one 6-pack for $5.99
    And other stuff, like working together/social groups/how to communicate, job interviews, money handling, entrepreneurs, etc. Pretty good stuff to learn, I recommend it (and the teacher was awesome).

A class I decided to take and hated was Guitar. I'm still practising even though I'm not in school anymore because I do enjoy it. The problem with the class was the teacher was never there. We constantly had substitutes. Substitutes who never laid their hands on an instrument before. It was frustrating...there was a girl I became friends with though, she was cool, level advanced and made work easier by helping me. She was fluent in Korean and taught me some phrases. I was too shy to ask if she learned it or if she was Korean, or if someone in her family was. For some reason at the time, I thought'd it felt too nosy and rude. So I'm left wondering.
    I don't remember any though and now I'm sad since I realized that.

Another Misc. story hmm. Oh.
    Once a person drove into the school grounds with cop cars, like 5 of them, on their tail. They open their car door while the car was still moving, grabbed something in the back, and ran for it.

This dumbass tripped. HE TRIPPED. And ya know what? The ground turned white as if it was the middle of winter. This dude decided to cut his losses, grab a bag of crack, and run. But he tripped. Tsk, it was kind of pathetic to watch.
    And this entire time, kids were on the buses getting ready to go home, so I had a good front-row seat and got to watch it all happen.
    He was charged for illegal drugs, but then it was worse for him since he went onto school grounds. Ha.
    I was kinda smug about it the next day cause everyone was asking me what happened. :blobpopcorn_cool:

This was way longer than what I wanted it to be. All in all, I'm just curious what school stories you have. I'm too lazy to change the title now though my joints hurt from typing so much in such a little amount of time.

albeldayuia likes this.
  2. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    My whole class was cursed by my PE teacher, but i was sick and absent so I didn't see it.

Mr. Tired and albeldayuia like this.
  3. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    High school was very lame for me. No real memories. Most clear memory is someone having to goto the ER during graduation recital because it was so hot. Also, constant warfare between graffiti and painters because the stupid school staff cared more about looking good in front of potentiial investors than they cared about actually funding a proper education to most of the students,

Mr. Tired likes this.
  4. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a good group of friends. We would nerd out all the time at lunch and play D&D on the weekends.

Other than that, meh. I hated all my teachers and after I went to college, I learned that all my high school teachers were incompetent. It didn't help that they were jaded people either.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  5. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of my classes left me traumatized, but there was one class that made me wish to never go back there again. Math class made me stay at home for a few days.

During the first day of math class, we had a substitute since our teacher was traveling. I never knew I was signing up to watch a drama movie. (Aka, the students in that class made the substitute teacher cry on the first day already, that poor substitute).

One time I walked into the math class after school and man did I wish I knocked first. First thing I saw when I opened the door was 2 students kissing each other while people are cheering (which I thought “oh hey, maybe they just got together, how nice.), but as I look around, I noticed that for some reason there were multiple skirts, pants, and jackets lying around. (Basically, yes, some people in there aren’t wearing the other half of the uniform cause the floor is helping them hold on to it.) And that is how I ended up being targeted by those people. :blobsmile:

There are a lot more experiences that I had, but that would just be too long, so yeah.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  6. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's sad everyone has 'those kids' that make teachers/substitutes cry. ;-; Especially when the teacher is nice.
    What kinda curse?

'Senioritis' hits harder as more years go by, imo

7. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    No so sure about the specifics since I'm basing what I'll be saying from what my friends said. So apparently the teacher got called to the principal's office and was scolded because someone from our class reported her make-up project for those who failed (buy a printer). Grades were important since they're gonna get kicked out of the class if they ever had a failing mark. I'm at a special class. Well, not a fail exactly, but lower that it should be. Lowest grade they should have per subject was 85.

So anyway, after getting scolded she went straight to our class. There was crying and scolding. She said, we didn't appreciate her kind action because the project is simple, just an excuse to make their grades go up so they don't fail. Yada yada. They she said in my language so heavier connotations: I'm cursing you all. Hope you're satisfied!

Then she left

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Mr. Tired likes this.
  8. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah. Not...what I was expecting.

Bad Storm likes this.
  9. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At highschool I kept wondering why I was sleepy all the time. I had to set out by 5am or 5.30 at the latest because public transport is scarce here, the next one would be at 6 but the travel is over 1 hour and school starts at 7, I don't like betting on my chances. Then school finished at 4pm, another 1 hour travel. I didn't register the word "tired" at the time, but I was actually tired. I fainted a few times at school from failing to read my own signs but I still didn't realize until recently :blobsweat:

Mr. Tired likes this.
  10. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    My high school experience was really meh. Nothing great happened in particular, all the excitement was in middle school.

'cept maybe... hmm~ Oh, I knew the vice principal pretty well since he helped me out a lot with my classes, and then the principal moved on to some other college so the vice principal became the principal! Pretty nice~

Then some sports coach (idk) became the vice principal and I was like 0.o who are you, sir? (not out loud but in my head haha)

They also ran out of spots on the wall for the valedictorian + salutatorian pictures a few years back which sucks because I'm the valedictorian and I want a spot on the wall too!!! :blobtriumph:

Bad Storm and Mr. Tired like this.
  11. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    FAINTED?? :blob_patpat: Oh my...
    So having to be out by 5 or 5:30, an hour to, going home at 4, another hour to go home, and then when you get home did you have homework, chores, and other stuff to pile on that? :blob_plusone: Good job.

:blobReach:You should have printed a picture of yourself out and just taped it on the wall~

Kinda reminds me of how my thriller poem was supposed to be displayed, but it was 'too graphic' and suddenly there was 'no more room in the display case for it' when it was time. :blobcat_rawr: Ugh.

albeldayuia likes this.
  12. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I... I couldn't possibly :blob_blush:

But oof that sounds tough :blob_patpat::blob_patpat::blob_patpat:

13. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They say the struggle makes it all the more sweeter :blobsweat_2: that years felt like the most hardworking part of my life, looking at my lazy bum now, I did miss it a bit

14. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Nm happened. Regret waste lot time.
    But the stress back then to the stress in college and after ...haha
    Take hs stress over the other stuff that comes after hs

15. Deleted member 363076

Deleted member 363076 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    My Physics lecturer in High school used to bring his cooking for us students~^^

(He was very good at cooking and baking)~

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  16. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just chilling, nothing truly amazing.

Deleted member 348269 likes this.
  17. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My high school was pretty well funded compared to surrounding schools, which inevitably meant that a lot of rich kids went to it. That meant there was a LOT of cocaine done in the bathrooms lmao. Also, people would literally get dirty underneath the stairwell, or even just on the side of the hallway in front of their friends. Literally no one cared. I’ve found used condoms just sitting there. Looking back on it… it was probably a huge biohazard.

Also, someone tried to set the school on fire.

Conclusion: American public schools suckkkk :blob_blush:

Mr. Tired likes this.
  18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this cat middle school national language teacher imo one of the best teacher, because of him this cat change perspective toward linguistic on general~ he teach how language material can be interesting to learn, the weird stuff on it, comparison among languages etc~ how good is he? the class he teach while the student may vary on exam score the students have clear grasp on practical use and learn on languages for personal use~ as much as we know which part of english we think hilarious on fun way~ he also forced his students to express their view toward stuff~ nobody safe from surprise attack "so cat what do think...", even if ya shuttered or bewildered or have no idea whats happen or totally miss~ you speak for sake speak on public and learn how to convey your idea/opinion on structural, organised way~ well he drill this cat head about communication and class lesson~

on high school nothing much~ there physics teacher who like to talk to wall errr backboard, no technically its whiteboard~
    majority of the students think basketball is da coolest sport so do da PE teacher~ seriously this cat bored and fed up with how many lesson on basketball from first year up to third year, on one occasion this cat blatantly said did other only know basketball? when da teacher asked this cat to be more serious about lay up practical test this cat said "can we play other sport beside damn basketball? let say badminton, volleyball, softball, tennis, gymnastics or whatever?" duh this cat volleyball service is not that good but most other students is practically disaster to point this cat said "did ya all only how to throw basketball on middle school?"
    btw there funny stuff, national language teacher told da class to hmm work on section of test book but this cat finnish those mocked question fill those silly ehem test book long long time ago so this cat asked
    "can I do something else?"
    "sure, as long as you not noisy or bother other" or so she said~
    btw the classmate discuss on group cuz teacher asked we provide the answer with reason, not just bland choice cuz it was multiple choice type~ the teacher test this cat answer few times before satisfied and give go to whatever this cat want to do~
    so this cat pulled shoujo manga and read it in class while other busily work on their task under teacher supervision~ maybe cuz other so irked or the teacher thought it funny she told this cat to make proper review of shoujo manga this cat read and speak it in front of class~ thus cat done it~ when other review literature novel or common novel this cat give review of shoujo manga~ this cat forget was it Aqua, Morininaga Ai or someone else manga tho nor remember the title but this cat still remember the basic storyline of that manga this cat give review in front of the class~
    19668.png

Mr. Tired likes this.
  19. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    #1. Over the top bullying

At my school, the gangsters used to run protection money rackets. And I had to give up my pocket money to one of them. When I complained, two of my classmates started condemning me while singing the praises of the "young master."

Another time, I was accused of stealing something from the next class. That class's delinquents kicked down the door of my class and snatched me out while the lesson was still in progress. I got beaten up for something I didn't do and knew nothing about. But nobody cared.

#2. Theft of martial arts manual

I trusted a classmate and lent him a cultivation manual. It had training methods for skills like "Iron Palm" in it and also a list of Taoist recipes for pill refining. However, he gave it to one of my bullies to curry favor with the asshole.

When I asked for my manual back, the bully threw it into the bin in the canteen. The one filled with food waste.

For more details, you can check out this blog entry: https://forum.novelupdates.com/blogs/parallels-between-chinese-web-novels-and-reality.4624/

20. Windsley

Windsley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    trully many memorable memories

one at a time, we are doing Geography exam so the entire class is quiet. suddenly i heard the sound of glass shattering from the left and right of our classroom. and the next thing i know is lots of stones also flying, crashing our glass windows. the entire class was in chaos as we try to get out.

by the time i was out the classroom, i look up and.. boy.....there is really lot of stones flying in our school direction.

turn out my school was attacked by another school, they started by throwing stones at our school. smashing many glass windows and roof tiles.

obviously all the kids in our school are returning the favor. so, what happened next is we get every stones we can find and start throwing back at our rival school (our school is only separated by 2 metre wall)

and the male teacher also throwing the stone too...

after the stone throwing exchange, they come at our gate... one that lead them are bringing a long knive, the tension are really high.

he challenge someone to fight, and after a heated arguments, someone from our school comes out and one and one fist fight happen.

another group of teacher comes out and trying to mediate the situation, but only after two trucks of mobile brigade police coming that the situation is under control.