I Have Given Up: It Is Impossible To Not Have A Minor as a female love interest

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Wujigege, Jun 24, 2021.

1. whitespade

whitespade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm I think that's just the difference in morality standard because Naruto is kids (or more precisely teens) stories in my country so I don't know why America will make it adult. But then again I classify anyone still in school and university as 'kids' thus of course all the edgy teen/ young adult stuff even with all the sex and violence its still juvenile to me.

Sex and violence is interesting when you are young, but as you get old the theme is boring and you gravitate towards child rearing or cute mofu-mofu stories. Something like Shin Chan.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, when you are young and the opposite sex seems unattainable or from another planet.

You gave me a good idea of what Japanese novel to pick up to translate.

Can you recommend one you like so I can find a similar dropped novel to translate?

3. whitespade

whitespade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cannot give much recommendation because the only Japanese webnovel that I like is Mushoku Tensei and I read that when the online webnovel circle was still very small, thus the reincarnate trope was not too cliche. I mostly read Japanese manga but Chinese novels. Japanese webnovel is not a paying job unlike Chinese webnovels thus the quality is not up to par. I recommend checking out webnovels that get picked to become lightnovels or manga so at least there's some quality in there.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I do. I translate novels with an official image.
    It usually from a light novel or manga adaptation.
    Thanks anyway.
    Have a nice day/night and God bless

5. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Peak childbearing age (16ish to 28ish) is just when most women are at their most attractive, and being on the lower end of the range makes them feel less threatening to the typical male reader target audience (probably to the typical webnovel author too). Being more attracted to a different age group is basically a fetish.

That doesn't mean that dating with a large age gap is fine, but it's probably weirder to not be (physically) attracted to 16 year old women. Mental/emotional attraction is different.

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the threatened part, I think it is a big part of it.

My point is that even if I pick a protagonist as old as possible(He was in his 70s in one novel) excluding things like vampire, it comes down to the same thing: the love interest is 16 and I avoid romance novels and high school settings and still cannot escape it.
    I think lack of ignorance also plays a part too
    Before I knew that when Koreans were saying 18 they actually meant 16 in Western age lol.
    I could not look at movies like this the same way lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Bride

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    shin chan have plenty of dirty jokes ya know, there is warm theme but the jokes.... well it kinda funny himawari droll over male host, shinny object (jewellery and cockroach), act cute in front of handsome male doctor~

8. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the only school life romance i accept is between two kids. not a dude who is more than 13 years older to the other party!!!!
    I don't care if the guy is 13 years older to you as long as you guys met when both the parties are in their late 20s. I hate reading about a girl who is 13 year old being lusted after a guy who is 23 years old and then author says, no she is too young. he has a lot of self-control and will wait for her to grow up. Then the said dude jumps on her the moment she turns 18 .-.
    Please. Can we not do that? That guy was literally a pedo.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is not 13 year old. I am not interested in romance between minors. I am not one.

But one of the most popular stories on here is grooming

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/if-its-for-my-daughter-id-even-defeat-a-demon-lord/

[​IMG]

novaes likes this.
  10. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will take some nice school life romance such as Fake Slackers UwU
    School life romance around 16 years is nice

11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree if the story was actually about characters that feel like highschoolers then maybe yes but lets not delude ourselves to think that these amateurs on Syosetu have the skill to write such stories.
    I will stick to live action, when they use child actors

Sutad Aatma likes this.
  12. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, now I'm reminded that shit exists. Usagi drop just forced it's way back into my memory, too, and I'm barely managing to keep the others from coming out of the hole I threw them in. I absolutely loathe this groomer shit.

Rather than rant more about this nonce garbage, I'm going to listen to loud music (and try and forget how many stories are written by lonely nerds who are intimidated by grown women).

Wujigege likes this.
  13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, Usagi Drop, I watched the live action and the ending was vague.
    I figured it out later.

I prefer watching Chinese dramas to reading the novels since they can't cast actual 16 year olds.
    Although Japanese and Korean movies do that.
    Then you have stories of young actresses who committed suicide after starring in nude roles and they were in their 20s.
    It's not cool at all.
    I pointed this out in a thread :
    So much for Wincest

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/25/europe/valerie-bacot-trial-verdict-cmd-intl/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/13/europe/france-la-familia-grande-incest-reckoning-intl/index.html

14. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Just be honest, you have a milf fetish

Wujigege likes this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha..
    Or I rather see female love interest closer in age to the protagonist(and myself)

16. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    But if the MC is a gramp, the FL will be a grandma. So gilf?

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally get you one of the few things I don't like about the World Teacher novel is that Sirius is a reincarnated 70 y/o grampa, that pretty much raised two of the girls in his harem, how the heck did he find normal to bed those two when they were teenagers? Sorry thats just creepy.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    Wujigege likes this.
  18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    People used it was fine in the olden days excuse but we have modern knowledge.
    Grooming is not romantic and child brides is abuse.
    This was an interesting read :
    Millions of girls and women are still held back because of periods
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/01/world/menstrual-health-period-poverty-intl/index.html

Romance with girls who probably cannot even manage their periods is not acceptable

Paps likes this.