On-Going Experiment with the intention of blocking the agregrators

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by OurPrinceNiki, Jul 1, 2021.

1. OurPrinceNiki

OurPrinceNiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From June 21-30 I have been constantly experimenting on how to block agregrators to my website.
    And I somewhat succeeded?

I do not have intention to celebrate now as they may attack my website by hacking which I hope it does not happen. (My capabilities is out of reach for this as they would need to hack the host because they are blocked on frontend side of my website.)

I asked my website moderator to release 20 chapters from my website to be posted on Novel updates and for the past few days the agregrators website didn't copy anything from my website.

But I am not complacent, as only few days have passed and maybe they don't want to bother themselves dealing with a small website like mine.

If it was just a single person handling the agregrator website, I am confident that I blocked them but if they were a group I may have to spend more time in blocking them.

Also If they resort to pretend being a common user of my website, they would be very difficult to catch yet again. I do not know any codes that prevents screen shots currently.

Sometimes I am thankful that my website is small, I immediately found out their IPs and blocked them. If my website has such big user base it would have been a nightmare finding them.

This was a well spent time after recovered from covid.

(No mention of the agregrator website but DM me if curious which I blocked.)

Currently I have no thoughts in sharing my tricks to the community because if more translation groups blocked the said website they may retaliate against me through hacking. (Something I am not confident to deal with.)

Lissi and otaku31 like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now it is only right that you should go the comment sections of the aggregator websites you blocked to gloat about your feat since they wouldn't have blocked you. :blobpeek:

Show them! :blobhero:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    idlereader, Greater thunder and Lissi like this.
  3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that's really impressive!! :aww::aww::aww:

It also sounds complicated too XD

4. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a translator that successfully (I think) blocked aggregators and other people from stealing and trying to re-translate their translations to another language by putting passwords or chapters. I think they also blocked IP addresses

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems trivial to bypass with a VPN, they probably just didn't notice that their bots weren't able to scrap your site's content anymore.

enkiros likes this.
  6. enkiros

enkiros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for now O.O