Discussion Dear BL lovers, have you ever converted anyone into your rotten ways?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, Jun 26, 2021.

?

Do you read bl?

1. Yes, they are what I primarily read

54.7%
  2. Yes, I just don't mind the bl tag but it's not my main reason for reading a novel

28.1%
  3. Nope, I just don't feel comfy reading bl

4.7%
  4. Nope, dunno why, just no

6.3%
  5. ... I accidentally read bl novel

7.8%
  6. others

6.3%
  7. *nom skullie*

15.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I have converted someone . I was giving them some recs I did tell them it was yaoi in advance . I don’t shove BL in peoples faces tho .

2. janethejellyfish

janethejellyfish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the word is converted in my case? Rather, I became the final push lol. It was my friend, she was already pretty open minded regarding the topic of same sex relationship, I just randomly recommended her to watch 'The Untamed' and she liked it a lot. That one series pushed her into this rotten pit lmao.

seemanta likes this.
  3. heartstampexpress

heartstampexpress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title sorta homophobic ngl? BL is just another form of romance, nothing “rotten” about it. Reminds me of when people would run around talking about how sinful yaoi was. And yes, I have recommended various BL novels to others, but it really is no different from recommending a BG.

Kaylee likes this.
  4. Nyaa.23

Nyaa.23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first encounter with BL was years and years ago. At that time, it was something really weird for me and I wasn't into it, heck I even hated it. Fast forward a few years, I stumbled across a bl novel or maybe it was a japanese manga idk accidentally and I just read it. I think it was a qt novel (maybe wear the face of the devil??) Then I somehow became an avid bl reader.
    Fun story :
    I was talking to my friend and we realized that we both have wattpad accounts so my dummmy ass decided that we follow eachother. After we followed eachother, It HIT me, I forgot that I have a bl reading list that is set public. Mind you, I was the nice
    straight A scholar. Then another twist, she was a fellow fujoshi. We looked at eachother and was like ya gotchu

Kaylee, seemanta and applebeans like this.
  5. Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball

Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I'm happy for you to get a comrade in crime :aww:

Okay, so for me, I first encountered BL when I was in junior high LOL, I still remembered how my mom actually found my collection of BL fanfic and she scold me harshly :blobsob:
    At first, I kinda feel weird, why man can like another man when there are a fine woman nearby :blobunsure: Then I gradually know about LGBTQ, so I kinda think deeply about it and feel like, "Okay, I think I can accept it, they are human too anyway". So here I am, being a fujoshi :blobjoy: Also, I think I'm not suitable in persuading people to read BL or whatever things that I recommended so yeah...:blobsweat_2: there are none (0 people) got converted by me into BL fans

6. Nyaa.23

Nyaa.23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting caught by my parents gotta be one of my worst nightmare. If that happens, I'll be ded.
    One of my fellow fujoshi actually got caught by her parents during elementary school lmaoooo kids were wild back then.

7. Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball

Qiu Qiu Jiu Ball Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep yep, I agree, her scolding scared me so bad that make me cried so hard :sweating_profusely: I think the older generations kinda think that BL is sin :blobsad:

8. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope this is not necroing - x -
    Never converted anyone, was also not converted. I don't think you can convert people and forcing people is a sure way to turn them away from something. If you like a thing, you already have inclination to like it, if you are never converted then you just don't like it. Any more forced than a simple recommendation is :blobunsure: not right.

Almost everything I read is BL, but it's not going to come up in normal conversations
    Why would I? IDK their thoughts or what they would say behind me later and there's a whole collection of forums and groups of fellow BL lovers. IRL I'd usually observe if they like BL too before talking about BL. I used to get really excited when meeting fellow BL lovers. It was such a small community before, and I was very excitable. Now it's like finding someone in front of you in queue also likes chocolate.

So once, I shared a vocaloid song I like in a chat group. It's sung by an utaite and that casual encounter made this person my friend's idol. She loves him so much she'd go to his concert and buy his merch, she thanks me but I'd only shared a link. His voice is to her taste, she just found him through me. Similarly, no one made me like BL, I grew to like it on my own.

That happened to me too, so scary. Thankfully my collection is still safe :blobfearful:

My mom keep thinking I am the devil/possessed and as I tried to explain, she looked at me as if I had done drugs AND said to her I actually have illegitimate kids outside already AND I have moirdered baby kittens :blobxd: I was hurt then, but thinking back it's so comical.

9. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's necro since it passed the 3 month rule (if I'm not mistaken)

But I'd agree that if you have no inclination in the first place, you'd never get converted to anything. Unless you really have no choice.

10. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobokhand: I didn't know if it was necro/not, I'll keep that in mind!

Bad Storm likes this.
  11. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    I have converted someone into a fujoshi. (Ik the word convert here is a joke, don't take it seriously.)
    I had a friend who watched anime and one day, when we were talking about it, another one got curious. So we recommended her some animes and manga. She really liked them so she started asking us for more recommendations. I was really happy to get another anime watching friend but I wanted to tease her too. So I recommended her to watch MDZS saying it was pure action. I thought she'd be shocked cause she usually came off as a rather "straight" person. Surprisingly, she loved it and now she's a greater fujoshi than me and we simp 2D men together.

applebeans likes this.
  12. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you maybe.....have some kind of hatred toward the lgbtq but maintain the neutral facades for reason or what?

oops just realizd the date XD

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  13. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. I don't really hate them. For most, I am on friendly terms with them and even been friends with a few gay and lesbian people.

But I am just uncomfortable reading those kinds of stuff and mostly the fact that my family is mostly straight(some cousins are either gay or lesbian). If I put it to simple terms, its basically just watching gore or other disturbing type of things out of curiosity but do have a disturb attitude towards them. My family kinda enforces gender discrimination strictly(but not to the point where we can't date the same sex and whatnot, just a stern talk about the gender roles in society).

Its just human nature to feel disgusted at something you don't like. Mine just not taking heart to liking BL stuff.

14. Catnap

Catnap Local Stray /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\

Reading List:
    Link
    I've converted my Older Sister into reading BL Novels but I won't say she's a die-hard fan of it but she is very interested in the plots though since it's quite refreshing to her to see the plot twist ect

Didn't let her poke the A/B/O and Mpreg section though :sweating_profusely:

baka8roukanako likes this.
  15. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My classmate. She thought the graphic looks cute. So I shared a few episodes. The next day she brought her external hard disk to take everything I have.

Bad Storm likes this.
  16. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Good lord, such decisiveness