Discussion what did you felt watching death note?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by efo, Jun 27, 2021.

1. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True.

Read an interesting quote from a CN novel raws recently.
    Basically translated along the lines of, "Don't aspire to be a clean official. Aspire to be an effective one."

I think millennia of politicians and celebrities pushing ridiculous, fake clean-image PR has created an impossible standard in our minds. When reality is far from it.

efo likes this.
  2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    My god mother which my mom best friend has a sister she is an ambassador and she took me to a political get together because it would help me get to know politicians that deal with shipping and trade and I asked for my company to get an invitation. I normally don't deal with these types of people.

In short these people are all working to climb the political ladder and they basically offer each other different things to gain other things and connect other big and medium businesses to each other and help fund political agendas of all kinds.

efo likes this.
  3. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't watch the anime, but did kind of enjoy the manga when I was younger.
    I feel the story is really overrated though, neither L or Light is as smart as people make them out to be, as a lot of it relies on them making extreme leaps of logic that just happen to be correct by coincidence.
    The plot already started to fall apart for me with L's introduction since it was done in a really stupid way that logically doesn't work.
    It also gets really creepy when you see people actually claim that Light is the good guy or did nothing wrong.

efo and ToastedRossi like this.
  4. kabuto243

kabuto243 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed the manga more than the anime. I felt in the manga at least to me that you really get into Light's head and his thought process which I didn't feel that did that good of a job of that in the anime. I felt it started to drag a little at the end there with the manga, but overall I think the manga is very enjoyable.

efo likes this.
  5. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this is all shocking when Light's master plan looks like something a 12-year old would come up with. Even the slightest examination should reveal just how horrible it is, but I've seen all too many people claim that it's brilliant!

efo and Nimroth like this.
  6. God slayer

God slayer Retired God Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek: I loved light and his intelligence buy sadly he became delusional. If only he wasn't delusional and unnecessarily arrogant like that he might've won.... But I suppose showing good always wins or something like that was authors motive... And tbh I was pissed at the ending.:blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:an unknown mf captured him instead of L.

Oh you know I think it's like Sherlock Holmes... The way Sherlock Holmes investigate is something even a normal person is able to come up with. As a result many times when he explains them it feels utterly simple and not special. It's also the same in this case, I suppose.:blobsip::blobsip::blobsip:

efo likes this.
  7. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Light wasn't delusional and unnecessarily arrogant then nothing in the story would have happened.

Nah, Light's thinking is way dumber than that. It's on the order of "if nobody wants war any more then we would have world peace!" It just ignores how the world works.

efo and God slayer like this.
  8. God slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm::hmm::hmm: now that I think about it... Yeah at the start of the anime he was pissed by L and thought himself as more intelligent than him. And then it all started.
    Oh I agree. His goal itself is dumb and unrealistic. After all if he wants to be a god he have to live long enough to keep his status:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:. But aside that he's intelligent and can use it according to situation. Tbh I don't think that it can be denied and no matter what the haters says, that their thinking and schemes are really easy to explain. Haters themselves won't be able to use them.:blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:

AliceShiki and efo like this.
  9. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, this was their intention in the first place. in my opinion, it was not a failure but the opposite, it was a HUGE success.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    God slayer and AliceShiki like this.
  10. God slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: lol I'm pretty sure that was their intentions. If they wanted to make him a unlikable villain they wouldn't have followed him throughout the entire anime.... Instead they would've followed L who's the good guy....
    And tbh I liked light and would've been happy if he won in the end ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ buy welp that didn't happened. But I know that he's not a good guy he's evil. But hey ;);) that's why I like him in the first place.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    efo likes this.