Discussion Inverse relationship between graphics and game quality

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Mar 16, 2021.

1. unlucky

unlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will likely never be able to do that, the final fight is such bullshit that I either die until the rng decides not to have one of my party killed by the final boss in one hit or just lower the difficulty to get it over with.

It is really frustrating when you can play the entire game using a certain difficulty but get filtered by the last fight because of dev design choices .:blobexpressionless:

kkgoh likes this.
  2. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides min/maxing to level 21, had to cheese my way through after I couldn't beat them fair and square.
    Guess that's the only way to pass Honor Mode :rolleyes:

All the usual stuff ...
    - distract bosses with only 1 character in conversation, while the rest sneak around doing naughty things
    - teleport bosses into unreachable areas/death traps
    - fence-in enemies with indestructible items
    - turning Fane into Boni-Wan Kenobi with indestructible overweighted telekinesis objects :whistle:
    - turning Fane into an undead terrorist while smuggling DeathFog barrels
    - cheese Kraken with Arrow Storm and Meteor Storm

What really messed me up were random decisions that auto-wiped my party and reset the game.
    Like pulling on levers marked "Emergency Flush Protocol".

EDIT: I should add that I restarted Honor Mode with the "4 Relics of Rivellon" Gift Bag (released Q3 2020). Really made completing the game a lot easier.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    unlucky likes this.
  3. wbteck

wbteck New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm new here and I've one question for you if you consider it. Please answer as much as you know.
    What does flashing a light 3 times in fallout 76 mean?

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    It means that you flashed the light 3 times, or at least that's as much as I know since I did not bother with googling it~

5. wbteck

wbteck New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is so kind of you. But, I do have one more question if you do accept to answer without even googling it xD. Try googling the same answer and get back to me.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Too lazy~ :whistle::whistle::whistle:

7. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Companies dont truly care about the end product. They make base games to satisfy the community and dlc's as ways to make extra money. theyve never cared and they never will. We're all just paychecks that haven't been cashed yet.

And this is all the players faults. We complain about the graphics being shit so they put all the work on the next project into making the game look good but then they forget that its actually a game instead of a fucking rendering program. When we ask for amazing gameplay we either get dog shit everything or shitty graphics and the best story known to man.

Even to this very day I hear motherfuckers speaking blasphemy against Assassins Creed: Black Flag even though its one of the best games ever created. I will not argue this point because I am not wrong and you're just running from the truth.

We start to fight for ideals we ourselves truly dot hold. We want companies to pu maximum effort into something but ten we complain when they delay the release. We want companies to pay theyre employees but we allow for the ceos to avoid paying taxes or we just pirate the shit.

We, the players, are the problem and the solution to almost any problem in the game community. Except for some shit though. cough stop doing weird shit like assaulting your employees riot cough.

Sorry went on a rant but yeppers.
    [​IMG]

8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    See that's the problem with a lot of AAA games, they don't do this for whatever reason, but they're actually supposed to be doing exactly this.

Basically for AAA game developers there's always 2+ games in the works at the same time, but they're staggered so when the 1st game is about to be finished a portion of the team moves on to the next game.

Many games that aren't annual or biannual shitgames like Cod and FIFA spend years in pre-production with a small team that come up with the game concept and start making a general setting, maybe get some programmers to create the tools/engine modifications they'll need for core mechanics, artists making general aesthetics etc. while most of the team are still working at finishing the previous game and/or some big DLC stuff in the mean time.

Then after a some year(s) in pre-production the rest of the team will have finished with the previous game and now the whole work force move on to the 2nd game to really start creating it, save for a few people left to make patches/minor updates to the previously finished game.

And here's where issues can begin to crop up; what if there's still no clear concept of what game to make even after the main force have joined the offshoot?

These companies are game-making machines, they just make games non-stop. If they ever stop and took extra time to write story, come up with setting, concept etc. then they're still paying that bulk of the workforce without having them work, and that's just not acceptable because companies exist to make money, not to make great games.

So therefore they simply just "make a game" even if they don't actually know what they're making, because they have to.

Then inevitably it takes way longer to make the game that planned, because how do you even make something when you don't even know what you're making?

And that's when the deadlines and higher ups come in and say that the developers have to release the game by a certain date since for one reason or another that's when they think sales will be the best.

Here's a relevant video regarding Anthem