Spoiler The Tragedy of a Villainess 합법적 악역의 사정

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Bobaaaa, Feb 4, 2021.

1. retardedapplejuice

retardedapplejuice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's so self-centred and dumb, she doesn't realise she's walking in the footsteps of the previous (og)Seria - the despair, the need for love but was denied from her, the feeling of losing what she believed she deserved to someone she thought was undeserving, and then trying to take it all back. She's on her way to becoming the villainess. And I can't wait for her fall. I hope when she becomes the devil, she'll realise it too late - that she had become what the previous Seria was, and fall into more despair.

Even in the previous life/ the ogNovel, she wasn't a great FL. She was the typical boring "I'm the heroine of the story so everything will just fall on my lap on a silver platter" (like Charlotte in The Villainess Maker). She had a ridiculous plot armour. Seria's only role there was to make her less bland than she actually is. Seria was the one who made her interesting. Otherwise, it was just another fluff story with no actual plot.

2. SweetHaru

SweetHaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That explains why Lina is acting very whinny and self-absorbed recently. The fact she considers all the people around her just characters and Seria 'the villain' really shows how hung up she is that she's the 'heroine'. Ugh, Lina get over yourself!

I'm glad I got to read more of Lesche being obsessed with Seria. I look forward to those snippets. They are so adorable!

Abigail and Linon probable side pairing?

Thank you for this week's spoilers!

3. Assassin997

Assassin997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All lina can do is upset i saw it too many often that she is upset what a brat!

Btw, thanks for the spoiler

4. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what Lina plans to do with the Kellydon brothers? As far as I know, they're most likely going to be annihilated because Lesche withdrew his knights in their territory. They're finished once demons start to attack them. I HIGHLY DOUBT they're going to be of use to Lina.
    Also, why is she blaming Seria? If Lina didn't run away with Callis two days before the wedding, she would have eventually married Lesche like she wanted. Crazy mfckr.

AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU @NohrNeir for sharing with us

5. retardedapplejuice

Reading List:
    Link
    She'll probably try to use them to get dirt on Seria, harass her, something petty.

As for her running away with Callis... "We're just friends!" Agh, I know she thinks she did nothing wrong because she's a shitty person but god, it's so annoying!

6. ArguingApples

Reading List:
    Link
    I think all of society already knows how shitty Seria's personality was. They've always seen her as a villainess. If anything, Seria's got more dirt on them than they do her. The older brother attempted to murder her when she was a child. If people knew, he'd be branded as a monster. Total destruction of reputation, I presume.

Although people did start pitying Seria because of what happened to her during her wedding. I guess that's one "good" deed Lina did.

avlirea, VNikaT, engengeng19 and 9 others like this.
  7. retardedapplejuice

Reading List:
    Link
    They can always add more to it, or twist some things to make her look worse. Probably try to involve the Grand Duke too so their relationship sours. The moment they think she lost Lesche's favour, it would be a free-for-all, meanwhile Lina would approach Lesche and seduce him. That's what I think might happen.

As for dirt on others, the current Seria barely has any memories of when she was younger so even if she had dirt on other people, she can't recall them now. The current one also isn't the type to divulge such secrets like her eldest brother trying to kill her because of her pride as a noble and as a Stern. Even the original Seria didn't show vulnerability only until her last moments just before Callis killed her.

Even though Seria survived her pitiful bloody wedding, even with multiple witnesses, others simply regarded the event as a rumor Seria stirred up to make herself the centre of attention and garner pity. Her brothers mocked her for it, and her father didn't believe it either. She had to tell him it was true. So, no, Lina did not do one single thing right.

Bella94, Elren, VNikaT and 4 others like this.
  8. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she meant that as sarcasm for "good", hence the quotation marks. But I do have to agree a bit that her running away with Callis is somewhat a blessing in disguise as imagined Seria might've ended up marrying Callis and he might've continued to be "friends" with Lina after they got married. So that part ended up benefiting Seria as we got to see her not end up with Callis.

At this point I don't see much of Lesche and Seria's relationship turning sour. He also seemed to really hate Lina. Also Lina doesn't have any real wish to approach Lesche because she's scared of him, hence why she chose to make Callis her male lead, believing she has the power to do so as the protagonist. Lina is also more focused on gathering her own people that she knows are not siding with Seria, so in her view I do think she might believe Lesche became a villain by siding with Seria. Based on the original novel, I do believe approaching Seria's 2 brothers and then the imperial family would be the next bet. The imperial family might be the ones to try to bring down Lesche and Seria since as a grand ducal family, only the imperial family has higher power than them right now.

DOHere, Bastian, engengeng19 and 8 others like this.
  9. retardedapplejuice

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I did get the sarcasm but even then, what Lina did is just... ugh. I did think about her stealing Callis away as a plausible blessing but at the same time, I can't help but hope that Callis would have come out differently if they got married. Sure, he'd still be a simp for Lina. But Seria having the perfect reason of being his wife, he'd have been forced to leave Lina to someone else. He was already planning on it before they left for the glacier and he probably thought then that it was a harmless request so why not.

And yeah, she is trying to make Callis The Male Lead but seeing how their relationship is, she'll have to blackmail him to get him to bend to her will. And I didn't say Seria & Lesche's relationship WILL sour. I said that was probably part of what Lina's faction would hope to achieve. I still wouldn't put it past Lina to not try to get Lesche. She could think of him as her backup ML. She might start to look like she's finally using her brain, but her delusion of how she should be the centre of everything is at least partly clouding her judgment.

I can definitely see Lina trying to get the Imperial princes to her side but we still haven't heard about the aftereffects of the necklace's power on Lina's croney's (e.g. that baron and that duke) - will they continue to be loyal to Lina? Or did the necklace cleanse them of her influence and they go back to simply treating her as they would any Saint? I think the answer to that is pretty important as it directly affects Lina's people. And without the unwavering backing of those people, she won't be as powerful or influential as she hopes to be. If the aftereffect is the latter, then Seria could just use the necklace on them stealthily.

10. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 154-158

• Seria took the jewel to the prayer room and just like before, when she placed the gem on the alter, it got sucked away, except this time it was taking longer than before. She watched it for 5 minutes and started to get nervous. She wanted it to hurry so she can fid out more about Lina. In the og novel, Lina was only acted smart when under situations that can garner her support so Seria is trying to figure out what Lina might've known already. The current Lina isn't very smart but she's still using what she had learned from the Baron Aison had taught her.
    • Next day Nisos got a letter from Lina. Nisos had agreed to a tea party with the saint before. His initial view wasn't good of her due to the rumors, but there was no other reason not to meet with her so he agreed and also he was curious why he was sent an invitation. His first impression upon seeing her was that she looked lively and pretty so it seemed a lot of people would like her.
    • Cassius also went before. Apparently he gained a crush on Lina easily and was blushing like crazy from just her holding his wrist. Nisos told him to take care of his dignity since he has a fiancee. Also Cassius had agreed to meet her to restore his friendship with Callis but then ended up falling for Callis's wife so Nisos think he's crazy. He tore up the invitation that Lina had given Cassius and once again believed Seria, that Cassius is crazy.
    • Lesche couldn't bring Seria with him to check through her mines since she's been busy with Linon's work. He wanted to bring her with him but it was fine. He was also taking care of Paulbas since he knows Seria is close with them.
    • As for Duke Howard, he got fined for keeping mermaid slave and feeding him water when it's dangerous for them.
    • Lesche had a meeting with the emperor since it's close to winter and the emperor won't be able to bother Lesche after that. Lesche would be busy defending the glaciers and it's not a light job. The emperor invited Lesche for drinks. Lesche sighed openly and the emperor called him shameless. Lesche who heard it many times from Seria whenever he tried to have sex with her just ignored it. He didn't think he was that shameless himself. The emperor asked Lesche if him and Seria having a child yet. Lesche doesn't get drunk easily. The problem is the emperor had very strong alcohol tolerance so eventually it happened.
    • Seria knew Lesche would come home late but he came home later than she had expected. She was already in bed, finished reading a book, when he finally came out of the bath. Lesche just scanned her face and she wondered what was wrong. He didn't answer her and hugged her tightly, burying his face into her neck. He asked her why she didn't sleep yet and she said she was about to when he came. But then he lifted her head and gave her a furious kiss. She asked him if he drank. He wondered if she can smell it to which she shook her head. She only knew from the taste of his tongue. Seria told him she never saw his drunk before and he told her there are a few things he wanted to do. When she asked what it was, he smiled and Seria knew instantly and told him to go sleep, but then he bent over and licked her lips, pushing her to bed. He had her take off his robes for him and raised her legs, while kissing her at the same time. Lesche told her he's going crazy and Seria realized he's really drunk since he's using more strength than usual.
    • Seria thought that he would sleep faster since he's drunk but instead he was more energetic than ever. She had fainted and fell asleep multiple times already and every time she regains consciousness he's back at it again. She doesn't even have the strength or voice to do anything. Lesche asked her if he looked shameless to her and she thought he read her mind and gave a nod. She told him he's shameless and has no conscience to which he agreed to both. But then she told him she doesn't hate it. Lesche held her tighter and told her he hopes she doesn't get scared. She got confused. He then explained he wished she doesn't get anxieties. Seria realized that Lesche doesn't like when she sleeps because she's always having nightmares. He cuddled her to sleep.
    • Few days later, Turban finally finished eating. She can feel her divine power increased again. The number on the insignia also went to 1. Seria wrote a note to Lesche again like last time and told him to wake her up again like last time. He's currently in a meeting. Seria then pressed the red gem on her circlet and instantly the space was different.
    • Instead of dark space of a night sky, it's now empty and white, covered in blood. She then saw some of Turban's hair on the floor. She started to get worried and called out to Turban. When she thought to return since she couldn't find anything and she was getting scared, unfamiliar energy came up and Lesche showed up. Seria was surprised. Seria slapped her face to make sure she wasn't dreaming or in this case in the real world. She couldn't leave him here so she shook him and he opened his eyes.
    • Lesche was surprised to see her and wondered where he is. She told him it's where she usually went before. But then Lesche told her that she should keep her doubts up even if he is really himself. Seria took a step back wondering if he's really Lesche since she had experienced Mies using magic to look like Lesche before. Lesche told her that if they approach her, he will just cut their heads off. When Seria asked about that, he told her there's a reason he sleeps with knives. He told her it's better for her to be wary of him. But then he removed his cravat he was wearing to the meeting to reveal the hickeys and the chain mark from marrying a stern, so Seria can tell it's really him. She was relieved and he laughed.
    • Lesche then put a finger to her mouth and told her he heard something. They went to go check. Lesche picked up a sword and Seria took a small dagger. She asked him what he did and he said he only kissed her mouth. When she asked if that was true, he said it would be better if he could do more. She was about to ask what he wanted to do but then stopped and told him not to say. He smiled and said it was a good thing he wasn't naked cause he would've ended up naked here. Seria was perplexed at this guy who had no fear at such an unfamiliar place, even continuing to joke around. But thanks to that, her fear subsided.
    • Lesche stopped her from going further. He sensed Lina's divine power in this space. They, then, witnessed a scene of the past. Seria of another timeline was bruised and lying down and dead. A monster that looked like Turban was holding onto her ankle. Lina's divine energy was felt from it. It might've been her patreon star before apparently. He was trying to make Seria the sacrifice to bring back the moon. The monster was saying that Seria had begged him not to leave her but only her body can save the moon.
    • Lesche got angry and asked if that bastard was Turban. Seria told him that they look similar but not. To the side, they spotted Lina. Lina was also dead and wearing the same clothes as Seria. Her eyes were opened but hallow. The monster was hugging Lina, telling her that it turned back time for her and she must succeed this time. It kept saying there's no time. The space around her started to warp. It seemed Turban was kicking her out now after revealing what she wanted to know.
    • Seria woke up back in bed. Lesche was still asleep next to her. She tried to shake him awake but nothing happened. Seria got scared. She was about to grab her circlet, when she got grabbed and fell into Lesche's arms. She frowned and he laughed. Obviously he was trying to play around with her. She yelled at him that she thought he got left alone in there. He asked if she was going to pick him up then, but then told her he can't let go. He laughed at her and brought her hand to his chest, told her if she wanted to hit him, she has to do it here. She tried to hit him but his body was hard so it was like hitting stone, and he told her that her fist felt like cotton.
    • Lesche asked if she was scare to go to such a place alone. Seria had gotten used to it but there are times she was still scare like just now when she thought something was going to jump and grab her when she was trying to find Turban. She was glad it was Lesche. They wondered if he can go with her next time as well. He doesn't want her to try it again so early though since he doesn't like the feeling when her eyes are closed.
    • Seria wondered if Lesche loved her and started to cry unknowingly. When Lesche asked why she's crying, then she realized. She said it must've been because she was scared. Lesche grabbed the circlet and wanted to go kill Turban so she would be less scare, but Seria told him it's not that. It's Lina. Lina was destined to harm Seria no matter what. They can't kill Lina either since she's a saint. The end of the Great War relies on Lina. They're also waiting for her pregnancy to come through have have the power transfer to the divine tree.
    • Seria told him to think about the future children of Berg. If they lose the Great War, Berg would suffer more. Lesche told her that she keeps misleading people. He buried his head into her neck and started to stroke her ear with his lips and traced it down to her cheeks and then her chest.
    • Lina was smiling as she had gotten a letter back from Cassius. Cassius had told her that he lost the invitation (Nisos tore it up) and so Lina forgave him and gave him another one. This time she haven't heard from Nisos, but Lina isn't feeling too bad. She thinks that she just have to put in a bit more effort since even in the og novel they weren't easy to win over. She kept thinking about the dream she had dreamt before. She had dreamt what Seria and Lesche were seeing at Turban's place. So Lina knows time had been turned back for her from that monster. She thinks that monster might be the dark energy that was absorbed by her. She wanted to ask a priest about it but not sure if she should since a saint and a monster with darkness might be bad.
    • The temple has a replacement for the stern insignia since the stern insignia was given to Seria. Lina found out later on and got jealous but couldn't do much about it. The priest told her that she had discovered the constellation mine and was rewarded for that. Lina wondered how Seria even found that since in the og novel there was no constellation mine, and she was given the crystal mines from Cassius.
    • Lina went to visit Queen Ekiselle. She was the one who donated the obsidian gem that replaced the stern insignia.
    • Linon informed Seria that Lina had went to visit the queen. Seria was surprised since the queen wasn't one of Lina's people in the og novel. Seria can tell Lina is trying to increase her reputation in the social world to go against Seria. Nisos had sent Seria a letter before about the situation and cursing out at Cassius, so there's still no response from Cassius to her. On the other hand, Cassius had been going around meeting Lina to a bunch of places where nobles meet up. Seria find it amusing that Nisos hates Lina now when he was obsessed with her in the original. But even if Lina can't get Nisos, there are many other powerful men obsessed with here. There's still the 2 princes.
    • Seria was worried that the monster might've the Mermaid's Spring instead of Turban but when she saw the circlet emulating Turban's power which was similar to hers, she felt relieved. Seria wrote a letter to the temple and had Linon send it out. When Linon asked about the letter, she told him it's a letter Lina won't leave alone. She's trying to kick Lina out of the temple. Linon wonder she would do after that and Seria told him that he should just help her since she helped him with the mermaids and protected Linon and Berg's reputation. Linon knelt down to her and she got confused. He told her that mermaids don't betray and since he's half mermaid, he will risk his life and loyalty for her as he does for Lesche. Seria told him to get up. Linon marveled that God must've given Seria to Berg and Seria thinks she can understand why Abigail can't leave Linon alone. Seria beckoned him forward and wrote out a sign ^^7 telling him that it's a sign she learned in the pass that represent loyalty so from that day on, he signed that sign to all his documents to her.
    • More rumors regarding Seria start to spread. She was deemed a saint and also about her findings with the magic crystal mines. Rings embedded with magic were made and spread.
    • Lesche was trying to feed Seria more but she can't eat more. He said what if she faints again since she's going to purify the wasteland again. She told him it's no big deal but he told her to eat more. After she had one more bite, he ate the rest of her food.
    • They were prepared for the subjugation. There were many nobles going as well. Some mixed in with the group were Lina's people. A young earl, a marquis, Duke Howard's son, even the two princes (Milam and Vyugazen), etc.... Seria had invited them all giving them rings so she can test out her divine power on them so see who would faint and vomit blood. It costed her a lot of money to gift out the rings but she didn't mind since once Chloe start selling the magic crystals, they'll make them back and more. Only Cassius didn't come even when he was invited. Seria was disappointed in him since she had tried to save him from the dark powers. Callis wasn't invited.
    • Before that she's planning to purify them all. She warned them beforehand that people may react to it. She had priests nearby to prove she's only using divine power. Once she used her power, some nobles and the princes screamed out. But then Callis showed up. Seria was surprise since he wasn't invited. Still he was there keeping his eyes on Seria, perfectly fine. He turned and left.
    • Immediately when he returned to his carriage, he vomited black magi. The assistant grew worried and scared. Callis yelled at him to shut up before he collapsed and fainted. The carriage was left stained in blood.

11. SweetHaru

SweetHaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... so does this mean Lina is now the antagonist? She's sure acting and planning her moves like one.

I want Seria and Lesche to realize that they love each other already! And with how eager Lesche is during their bedroom activities, I wonder why Seria hasn't conceived yet?

Thanks for the spoilers this week @NohrNeir

Amy_, By.Eve, Bella94 and 10 others like this.
  12. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Also surprised how Seria hasn't conceived yet but then again I don't want too much trouble yet. Even the emperor is waiting for their child. He had made a comment that most nobles have their first child half a year through their marriage and it's already half a year. And that's considering most noble marriages are through arranged marriage so it's a bit different considering it's pretty known Lesche and Seria have quite a loving relationship.

I'm also starting to wonder who Lina really is. Maybe she was only a protagonist because she was created to be that way by her star guardian but then her star guardian seems evil. I wondered if her star guardian had kicked Turban out of the guardianship position or Turban might've left because of that monster.

13. ArguingApples

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I understand why Lesche is so eager in bed. He wants to get her pregnant. HAHAHAHHA She'll never leave him if she got pregnant with the Berg heir
    Honestly, I'm quite confused. So everyone that was obsessed with Lina before already had black magi embedded into them? That's why they were unnaturally obsessed with her?
    Now that they were purified, does that mean that they would no longer be affected by Lina?
    So Callis was also a victim of that black magi??

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  14. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, basically this. Because remember how Duke Dietrech never even met her personally before and he fainted from the power. So anyone from the past lifetime who supported her are already cursed. And it appears the only way to not be cursed is if they fully don't support Lina at all, like Lesche. He's the only one who didn't faint. Which now makes me wonder if he really loved her in the original and did Lina just forcefully chose him as her male lead before. Also she died before so her so called "happy ending" in the og novel is skeptical. Where was Lesche at that time? Did he not married her so why was he not there at her death?

Not sure since maybe they might need constant purification. It could be, they might get it again when they get closer to her again.

Appears so. Despite him loving Seria a lot, he seemed to be a victim of Lina. Maybe also because she chose him as her male lead.

He's definitely trying to tie her to him. Neither of them know they love each other yet.

DOHere, augacutan, Bella94 and 18 others like this.
  15. rubyjanist

rubyjanist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe the “child” that lina is carrying is actually the thing that looks like turban???

16. Sarrii

Sarrii Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I read I realized how dumb lina is, I mean is she a kid? All she do is whine, cry, complain. And i feel bad for those who got victimized of her black magic(?) Especially callis he really love seria but became a victim of lina, they would have been together if it wasn't for lina e? Just my thoughts well I love lesche more

17. ElendZuzu

ElendZuzu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a theory, could it be that Lesche's excessive power was what saved him from being possessed by that thing this time?

18. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 159-163

More things unfolding.

• Due to Seria's display of her divine powers when it came to purifying the cursed lands in a matter of minutes, when it would usually take years for priests to purify it, the nobles no longer questioned Seria's new title as a saint. Instead they started to gossip about what Lina might feel or be like in comparison to Seria's power. Some believed she should be stronger since she was saint for longer, but then she never showed off her powers like that. They even used her pregnancy as an excuse of why she might not be showing her powers, but then Seria was also sick and was able to display the power (Seria isn't really sick). Some ladies who were invited to Lina's party don't think they saw Lina's power as stronger than Seria, but then they could not ignore the fact she was conceived with the child of divine powers.
    • Lina who heard of Seria's display of her powers realized Seria is stronger than her. Juvelude is disappointed in Lina that instead of trying to make Seria an ally, she's trying to compete and take Seria's spot. Still Juvelude didn't voice his disappointment since he believed that since she was blessed with the child, she would become good again. Juvelude also got a msg from Callis's aide to bring a strong healer, but not to tell Lina. The high priest agreed even though confused.
    • Seria who was pretending to be sick is being taken care of by Susan and Ben. They acted along with her. Seria was confused why they're playing along with it so well even though they knew she's not really sick. They make her herbal teas and play lullabies for her. Seria think it must've been they haven't seen her for a while since she had been busy with the purification.
    • As Seria then start to wonder how Callis was fine from the purification like Lesche, Lesche hugged her while in his sleep. Seria didn't even noticed he had came in and fell asleep. She wanted to wake him up but he's difficult to wake up when deep asleep. Eventually she just hugged him back and wondered if she should tell him about Callis. She wanted to check on Callis to make sure he's really fine but she can't meet him in private without telling Lesche. She thought of ways to how to tell Lesche.
    • Lina had been unable to sleep well after hearing about Seria's powers. She wanted to return to the capital soon, but the priests won't let her, so she wrote a letter to Cassius. She needed Cassius to help her "discover the crystal mines". It seemed she didn't know yet that Seria already knew about it since they have huge focus on the constellation mine instead.
    • Cassius paid Lina a visit and gave her a gift. Lina was excited since it was just like the novel. She thought it was going to be the deed of the land so she opened the box in excitement only for Cassius to tell her it's the one of the most precious female jewelry he has. He had given her the ruby gem. When Lina asked about the land, he told her Seria took it. She then dropped her teacup and started to cry. Cassius tried to hand her his handkerchief which she didn't take. He then hug her. Juvelude who heard the sound of the teacup breaking, came in and saw him hugging her. Juvelude called Cassius aside. He knows Cassius has a fiancee, and still hugging some other woman. He wondered why Lina kept talking with men who has fiancees.
    • Juvelude sent a letter of concern to Seria. Seria who knew that he hasn't been purified will continue to be drawn to Lina. She could tell the priest also wanted to curse but couldn't. She has to go see Callis. She opened the door to the office and spotted an assistant with bluish face. He wasn't Linon since Linon had been away. He was another assistant of Lesche who was handing him papers for reports of Haneton estate. It as reported high ranking healing priests had been entering his estate.
    • Seria didn't tell Lesche that Callis had came uninvited before but Lesche knew already. When Callis left that day, he had a knight followed Callis back to his estate. Lesche found out that Callis had been purified and didn't want to tell Seria, since he's not sure how Seria would react when she finds out Callis becomes sane again, so he made an order to burn the report. Just as the aide was about take the documents, Seria came and Lesche reflexively crumpled the report up. The assistant went pale.
    • Seria thought the atmosphere was odd and wondered if she should come back later. Lesche told her it's fine and told the assistant to leave. She thought the assistant was being scolded. Seria wondered what that paper was in his hand. She was going to tell him about Callis. They both call each other's names at the same time. Lesche who couldn't hide it any longer, sighed and told her that Callis seem to be sane now.
    • When Callis had fainted, his aide had reluctantly put on the crystal bracelet that Callis valued and wouldn't wear to help him. Callis woke up after being unconscious on and off for a long time back at his estate. Callis who had regained his sanity recalled all his past actions and realized how stupid he was to prioritize another woman over Seria. When he had ignored Seria who had cried to him and complained about Lina. He continued to keep vomiting blood and even know he can't apologize to Seria since he knew he had almost killed her. His assistant handed him a letter from Cassius. Cassius wanted to visit Haneton and requested that since the saint is the lady of the household of Haneton, she should also know. Callis responded back coldly and short. He told the aide to also hand back the ring that Cassius had given him to try to soften their friendship again after the Berg incident. Callis continued to vomit blood to the priest's confusion.
    • Some time after, Abigail, Linon and Eliot finally returned. Seria called out to Abigail and Abigail smiled at her. They had returned about doing a check to make sure the land is purified thoroughly. Abigail reported to Seria that one of the people who worked with them was weird. He was coughing out and spitting out something black. Seria froze when she heard the news.
    • Queen Ekiselle was upset when she heard the news about Seria's power. Everyone already knows by now that Seria's power is much stronger than Lina's. A maid came and told her that the saint had gifted her holy water. When the queen asked which saint, she got the response Lina. Ekiselle told her to take it away. Countess Courtnel tried to reassure the queen that Lina should become famous soon since she is loveable. Ekiselle ridiculed Lina and doesn't believe in her innocence since she knows Lina is jealous and covets someone with the same saint and stern position as her.
    • Original Ekiselle thought Lina would be useful and wanted Lina's help her son Vyugazen obtain the throne. Vyugazen is already in his 20s and the emperor hasn't named another as Crown Prince yet. The emperor is weak against Ekiselle but firm when it came to the succession. Ekiselle called the emperor cruel and for only living having the dead empress in his heart. Ekiselle originally loved the emperor but then when the empress died and her son gone missing, she still had to prepare the empress's death and the emperor only listened to her crying without doing anything. After that she no longer loved him and live on the goal of wanting her son to take over the throne.
    • There were bad rumors about how her son had fell during the purification ceremony so Ekiselle was worried it'll affect her son's chance for the throne but luckily Milan, the first prince, also fell. She knows her son had been meeting with Lina, but Ekiselle thinks Vyugazen should also try to get close with Seria. Ekiselle regret her past with Seria, with the blue diamond, since now they already have bad history. She decided to gift Seria a gift to get on her good side. She had already given Lina a model of the insignia made of obsidian so she should at least send something to Seria made of diamonds so it can be a gift Seria won't throw away. Seria came to visit the queen.
    • Lina returned to the capital an was told that Callis is busy and had to stay at the estate. Lina spent time with the two ladies she had became close with but lately the interactions had been different. They no longer complimented her power. One of the ladies had bought Lina a magic crystal. Lina felt bitter since she should've have the mine not Seria. Lina then wondered if Seria had also read the book so she's trying to take everything that had belonged to her. Lina on the other hand had been waiting for the events to unfold since she wanted that sort of romance like in the novel when things happen by accident.
    • The letters she had been getting back had been cold and business like. She also found out that some people had fainted and vomited from the purification ceremony so she thinks Seria did something evil to them. She decided to go visit Vyugazen. The imperial family would never reject her visits. She had been visiting both princes but she decided to side with Vyugazen more because his mother had given her a great gift.
    • When she saw Vyugazen she noticed he was so weakened that he couldn't even walk without help. He had to tell her that he can't be her partner for the ball. Lina got upset since she had no one to help her now. Callis won't show up and she can't send a letter to Baron Aison either. She started to cry and Vyugazen rushed to her side to wipe her tears and asked what's wrong. He wanted to make her feel better. But Lina froze as the face of Vyugazen overlapped with the dark energy she had seen in her dreams before. The dark thing spoke through Vyugazen's mouth to tell her not to show Seria her child and then rose from his body and disappeared. Vyugazen then fell as he vomited blood.
    • Seria was with the queen and her entourage of ladies. They were all trying to get close to her and invited her to the next tea party. Seria had came to visit the palace so she can get Abigail to infiltrate the place. Abigail reported to Seria what she found out. She told her what the prince had said to Lina. Seria decided to head back.
    • News spread the Vyugazen had fainted again from his meeting with Lina. It didn't look good for him for the fight over the throne since people questioned if it's fine for someone with weak divinity can take over the throne. Ekiselle tried to cover up the news and think it's ridiculous since he was someone strong enough to have a magical beast.
    • Linon told Seria that Vyugazen's fainting might have to do with the shamans from before. The shamans who had came to green manor were affiliates of Mies. Vyugazen used to disappear a lot to meet up with them. They might've planted something in the prince. She then recalled what Abigail had reported. A person whose face distorted and then returned to normal. They don't think it's someone alive. Vyugazen might have been dead already and his body is being possessed. Seria got scared and didn't want to go to her bedroom alone and since it takes a while for Lesche to returned, she stayed with Abigail in the study.
    • A shadow then fell over her. It was Lesche. He asked what she was doing and since she was clinging to Abigail. Seria got embarrassed and told him she needed a knight to protect her. Lesche told her that she seemed to forget that her husband is also a knight. He then picked her up and Abigail bowed and left. Seria asked if his meeting was over. He told her it was over 30 minutes ago. He had went to their bedroom but it was empty. She told him she couldn't go there alone in fear something might pop up. He told her that she could've called anyone since the mansion has a bunch of people. She told him she's also a bit worried he'll take off his clothes when he sees her. Lesche laughed and thanked her for worrying about his reputation.
    • When he asked her what was scaring her, she told him about her talk with Linon about the prince. Lesche said that Vyugazen can't be a shaman since they imperial family conduct tests from time to time to make sure there are no fakes. It's an emperial secret so no one knows. Seria wondered why he would tell her then.
    • Seria recalled that the queen had sent her a letter writing of Vyugazen's interest in the blue diamond. He wanted to see it. She then also remembered that Nisos had also wanted the blue diamonds before. She can only continue it's to give to Lina. She wondered what happened to the blue diamond in her past life. After her death, her house must've been given to Lina and also her blue diamond. She thinks Lina must've used the gems to unseal her monster. Seria still needs one more gem. She decided she'll just continue to use her divine power and eventually she may find out. It's also close to the day when Lina transfers the divine power to the tree.
    • Seria couldn't go to the ceremony when they transfer the power. Lina didn't want her to go. The priests weren't able to tell her directly but Seria knew. Lina was doing what the prince had told her, not to show her the child. Seria openly said it can't be helped but then blinked to Abigail as a sign. Abigail understood and nodded discreetly after making sure the priest was only looking at Seria.
    • Callis still hasn't seen Lina since that day. She's wondering if he's avoiding her. She wanted to go down to the manor to check herself but didn't. It was soon to be the day of the ceremony. The due date is the next date. She had been transferring the power to the tree slowly. Every time she does it, it felt like a struggle. She wondered how Seria was able to do it with the relic before. Lina then spotted Seria and wondered why she was there. She looks to be wearing a wig since her hair color was different.
    • Seria was able to watch thanks to being able to persuade Juvelude to let her attend secretly. Lina was upset but continued to pour power into the tree. Just then when an explosion of power emerged from Lina, the monster showed up and tried to attack Seria. Turban also showed up from inside the tree and attacked at the monster. The two fought violently. The paladins tried to protect Seria and Lina. Turban yelled out Liegel.
    • The tree continued to pour out divine power. The demon spirit and the divine power began to mix as if fighting each other. As they continue to fight, Seria felt a sharp pain and heard strange voices in her head.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  19. anvollo

anvollo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers!!

veivei and NohrNeir like this.
  20. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m freaking glad that people are starting to see Lina for who she is! Seems we are at the climax of story, I hope, so maybe there will be a conclusion soon.