Spoiler Genius Fundamentals/ Genius Basic Law/ 天才基本法

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RiannNeko, Nov 2, 2019.

1. RiannNeko

RiannNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a thread just to ask for spoilers on Genius Fundamentals/Genius Basic Law/ 天才基本法

Name: 天才基本法

NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/genius-fundamentals/
    Raw Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3193259

Description:

Everyone believes Lin Zhao Xi’s a genius.

Only she knows she’s looking back on years of experience in math competitions as a basis to “cheat”.

Until one day, her idol quietly looks at her.

Time and space overlap, returning thrice.

— The past can change you.

ALTERNATE DESC 1

Lin Zhao Xi was a 22-year-old college student; on the day her father was diagnosed with Alzheimer, she accidentally found out that the male god she had a crush on had to study abroad, she was even more desperate to know that he would be studying at the school which her father gave up years ago to take care of new-born her. Even after years went by, Lin Zhao Xi knew that her father greatly desired her to continue studying mathematics, but she gave up due to specific reasons. As a result of having written Einstein's mass–energy equation (e=mc^2) on the wall, she returned to her preteen years, but the plot changed in this timeline, her father went missing, she became an orphan; the Lin Zhao Xi that went to the parallel universe started her journey to find her family, moreover started her further study journey that she never took in her previous life.
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Someone has started to translate it but it is so slow especially for a novel which has 220 chapters. There are already some spoilers from the pickup request on this novel which is here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/genius-basic-law.88744/

Riverbank's addition
    1. Three times going back in time, a story of one looking for herself. Read with pleasure, this is a walk-on trip.
    2. A story that is half school life, half competition system.
    Protagonist: Lin Zhao Xi | Supporting roles: Mr. Lin, Pei Zhi

It is a really interesting work! I hope to see more of this!!!

2. Nelle

Nelle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is she an undiscovered genius? I'm currently reading the mtl and she's getting shocked that other Olympiad students find it difficult to understand what she easily understood when she was young.

Edit: I've finished the novel already, and she's not yet at a level of a genius, but she's insanely smart. If it takes a genius to score 100, then her smartness can let her score 97.

1st visit to the parallel universe: She woke up in her 12-year old body who grew up in an orphanage and is still in the orphanage. This is a tearjerker. I cried a lot because her struggles are really seen and all her frustrations can be felt. The father-daughter reunion is so touching.

2nd visit to the PU: She woke up in her Junior High School body who became frustrated with her academic performance (because when MC left the PU the first time, basically the 'cheat' left as well, there's no college-level knowledge). She started chasing a classmate who does not pay attention to his schooling and she got kicked out of Class 1 and got restated to Class 13. While there's still the struggle with her inferiority when it comes to Math, she also struggled with her friendships. In the first travel to the PU, she's surrounded with highly driven students since she's in a Math Olympiad Camp. In this second travel, she's surrounded with students who have really bad grades and generally do not care about schooling.

3rd visit to PU: She woke up in a body that is injured because she was stabbed in a fight. She stepped up to defend someone who was being bullied and got hurt in the process. This is where she uncovers all the things she wants to know about her father and where her relationship with her love interest takes a new height.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  3. Peare

Peare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the secret of her father?

4. Nelle

Nelle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not very sure since I've read this so long ago and I only saw your reply now. If I remember correctly, his secret is that he's an actual genius who studied in the reputable university that MC visited for her math stuff. However, he got framed for plagiarism/publishing wrong info (I'm not sure). His career got destroyed and he left the academic life.