Reverse translating a novel

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by justjetlagged, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlazingLord07

BlazingLord07 Underworld Judge Atral-Tree

Reading List:
    Link
    That is where I feel you are wrong, but everyone is entitled to have their own opinion

AMissingLinguist and Nimroth like this.
  2. emry987

emry987 can not think of one just too lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    u might be right but if u asked me one yr ago i would say who would want to read chinese work translated it into english and honestly before u got into this would u really say is chinese translated into english would be popular we dont know but it depends on what type of books we send if it is similar to xianxia where they have tons of why would they bother

Abel Yamin likes this.
  3. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Both I suppose. However, I'd lean towards actual Chinese. I say this because English is a very popular language to learn considering how used it is throughout the world. also, China is a huge country with a very large population so it stands to reason that some of them will find and enjoy sites like RRL and even NU.

I know for a fact that a decent amount of Chinese to English translators on these TL sites are native Chinese.

justjetlagged likes this.
  4. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree. The books I read were really interesting. I believe you didn't try searching for books that you liked in English. I enjoyed Percy Jackson, Steelheart, The Ranger's Apprentice, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, etc.

5. emry987

Reading List:
    Link
    everyone has different taste or maybe he never really went out fr books but who and all the books u mention it feels like a long time since i read or done anything with western while i had a recent one the guy who made percy jackson he made a new novel other than it was years did u read that one

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  6. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean Magnus Chase? I stopped at Heroes of Olympus since I stopped going to the library. Oh, I miss the library.

7. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing with English writing is that there are a lot of people who can speak/read English. So without a major publisher to put money into it, such a translation would probably not reach a sufficiently large market share.

8. emry987

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe that one yh same with online pdfs who need libarary and with pdf for only popular novels i finished quickly so then i had difficult time to connect with western novel sure i may be a frog/toad in a well i dont know it feels wierd reading that book (magnus chase) especially with the female oone no jade skin , no rape(i just finish reading MGA latest chap which was a rape one ) and also it felt normal also the batles it felt as if i was in a new world no sect massacare , no jap bullshit save everyone it just felt unique so i quickly put it down left the libarary never to come back

p.s= also remind me some good books to read where the pdf can be found i want to go back and read some of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.