Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Lazysnail

Lazysnail Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you remember when the novel was recommended? Just try to give a rough estimate of the time period and then try combing thru the logs. That is the best way since the unknown novel description given is too similar to a lot of transmigration novels. Do tell me if you find it tho, it sounds pretty interesting.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  3. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. GuguruTranslate

GuguruTranslate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    穿成反派作死未婚妻[穿书]
    Is it this? I'm not sure because I seem to have read a novel similar to it. Sorry, if it's not.

Lazysnail likes this.
  5. MythosRes

MythosRes Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HOLY COW !!

IT'S CORRECT!!

YOU ARE MY NEW HERO: D

THANKS !!

6. Titan0fPower

Reading List:
    Link
    Just posting this up, it's a novel and a manhua titled "The Saintess has a Showdown!". It's basically about a Saintess who pretty much BS-es her way out of everything. Hardly ever a man in the story, and many girls are attracted to her. From what I've seen of the manhua raws, she doesn't have a 'relationship', but does
    Get kissed by a girl

It's 600 plus chapters on novel, 45 on manhua (Bilibili translated three chapters but I think it was dropped? Haven't been any updates since April).

Novel:
    https://www.ciweimao.com/book/100153858

Manhua raws: https://manga.bilibili.com/detail/mc29386
    Manhua translation: https://www.bilibilicomics.com/detail/mc40

It's a no man's world basically.

The story is super funny from the first three chapters I've read, and things do get action intensive. The characters in it are all super memorable, even with me being unable to understand the dialogue. So quirky and funny, in case anyone wants to pick up the novel.

Apparently the MC is a Vtuber now too on Bilibili.

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  7. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    反派沉迷种田后[快穿]
    the villain is addicted to farming [Quick Pass]
    https://m.shubaow.net/199/199288/
    This novel is very great. Mc is strong and smart. She is big villain. Recommend it. Plus it's from same author of system sent me object.

Cong Wan as the system auditor, the daily work is to evaluate the system and host.
    The industry evaluates her as professional, senior, and elite. In fact, she just wants to go fishing at get off work and lie down after work.
    On this day, the lord god asked her to monitor the villain Zhong Qiyuan, who was once a villain who was too conscientious and caused the protagonist group to be wiped out, and was reemployed after four thousand years of labor reform.
    Cong Wan thought that Zhong Qiyuan was a thorny head, but...
    Zhai Douwen: The son of luck was deprived of love, and she was farming.
    Campus article: The son of luck is being bullied, and she is farming again.
    Doomsday: The son of luck is divorced, and she is still farming.
    Congwan: I don't allow anyone to fish better than me!
    #一始#
    Zhong Qiyuan: Why do you always follow me?
    Cong Wan: My job is to stare at you!
    # Later#
    Zhong Qiyuan: Isn't your job staring at me, why don't you staring at me?
    Cong Wan: How do I look at you when I sleep?
    Zhong Qiyuan: Sleep together, work (night) and life.

The villain host who is addicted to farming and infrastructure construction is attacking the X side. The senior auditor who loves work but just wants to fish is received by

Mehak likes this.
  8. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading I'm Willing to Do it for You by MadHat. It's a zombie apocalypse novel and the pairing is "cool indifferent powerful female leader x sickly black-hearted possessive super zombie emperor." Basically the zombie emperor pretended to be a weak girl and was found back by the MC who ended up falling in love with her through the multiple life/death situations they experienced together. There's actually a lot going on in the behind the scenes plot and the MC gradually uncovers it. Tbh I can't say too much or else I'll spoil the plot, but I thought this was a very well-written apocalypse novel that really fit that type of nitty gritty, grimdark setting. Also it's technically HE, but uhhh you can also consider it a BE so read with caution. There are extra chapters where it's a "what if this story was actually just a story and the characters are all college students who wrote this script to act in" that will soothe the pain after reading. I don't actually mind either way but the main story definitely can be called a tragedy so it's nice that that exists. I would give this a definite 10/10.

aureolin likes this.
  9. Titan0fPower

Reading List:
    Link
    See now I want to read it. Dang it.

10. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read some stuff completed, this one is newly completed
    暗卫她好大胆[娱乐圈]
    The dark guard is so bold
    Ancient wear modern, entertainment circle. Mc is fl dark guard in her last life, fl is the princess but lost memory and jealous of her own self. Later she remembers. One of the deputy cp is be? Bittersweet anyway.
    Also after so many dog blood plot mc finally marry fl

11. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright I've finally got something to contribute here lol. I recently translated something for the Leeds 2021 writing compensation and my goodness, it was such a beautiful yuri work. Check out le excerpt here! Sadly, I'm not sure if the entire novel's been translated.

Ddraig likes this.
  12. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  13. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading Monster Girlfriend by 有情客. It's a zombie apocalypse novel that starts off with the MC thinking that she was hallucinating her girlfriend knocking on her door. Why did she think she was hallucinating? Well, that's because her girlfriend died in a plane crash 3 years ago when it crashed into the ocean and her body has still not been found until this day. A few days later, the zombie virus broke out. This actually has nothing to do with the dead gf, but that's where the zombie apocalypse setting comes in. I don't want to say too much cause I don't want to spoil anything, but the author is not kidding when she called the gf a "monster." She is definitely a monster and she definitely did come back. As for whether it's the same person as the one who died 3 years ago? Well, that's for you and the MC to find out.

There are a few things I want to note because I thought it was great how the author handled it. Basically the monster gf is an OP character, but the way she was handled and how she is an inhuman and monstrous character with the mentality and personality that predators would have, she's not exactly the best ally throughout the entire book. She also only gives a fuck about the MC because that is her obsession that she came back with. The problem there is that the MC has friends and family that she also has to care for and the monster gf isn't exactly the most accommodating in that regard. The monster gf being OP then becomes less of a boon to the main cast and more of a nightmare they can't afford to provoke. This adds an extra layer of tension to the story that makes things more interesting.

Another thing I wanted to praise the author for was not holding back with making a genuine monster instead of idk, a monster that's mostly human but has some monster features like claws/fangs/horns/etc. There's some genuine horror in the descriptions of what the monster gf can do and what her body looks like when she's not pretending to be human. The name "monster" in this story is not a joke, she is on a similar level to an eldritch horror type sea monster. The author also went all the way and made her mind similar to a monster too, where she cannot relate to human emotions at all. All of her more human gestures are her trying to emulate what she used to act like when she was still alive, which is a bit horrifying to think about, but it certainly adds a lot to the story.

Anyways, this story was really fucking good. 11/10 tbh, I just genuinely enjoyed it a lot.

Overdrive likes this.
  14. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    将错:不进则退
    Wrong: Do Not Advance Or Retreat
    Summary:
    In order to avenge her sister, the Demon King sneaked into the God Realm alone, but was rescued by the enemy's fiancee by accident. I wanted to get close to the enemy through his fiancee, but discovered that this fiancee was hiding a secret that could subvert everything
    326E8253-EE13-40DC-B8FD-DF8C072EEDA2.jpeg A9A8DEE0-6331-4762-9956-0BBD457D6484.jpeg D238E3EB-44F0-4688-969D-B33F73A6F868.jpeg 3393090A-0F99-4F65-B11F-B572D1B219EF.jpeg

15. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    #xwtrec

Sorry so busy, maybe back next week

我靠绿茶勾搭女主[快穿
    I rely on green tea to hook up the heroine
    Solid, mc has green tea system, heroine always forget mc in every world. Also um she has bf/husband so... Yea. Mc broke up couple, and amnesia fl also usually str8 before she remember mc.
    Solid 9, world are not connected so if don't like the background skippable.

我本千金_洛咿
    This one ia true false daughter, mc is mistaken as daughter of rich family where fl who is rich but taken by poor family with bad relatives

野心家_小锦鲤呀
    Career home
    Mc was a career woman in previous world but transmigrated as a rich girl but wrongly taken by poor family. Fl was a villainess in book, the book is written by mc ex gf. Mc fall in live with fl. 33

参加游戏后,她弯了[无限]_七菓
    After participating in the game, she bends
    Mc is an under world person and fl is popular movie queen, they both are in love escape game. 82

16. compass96

compass96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys,
    It's been a long time lol. Hope you guys have been doing well in this time of COVID.

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  17. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Episode 1 of Aquatope just aired.
    So place your bets as to whether Aquatope is gonna be yuri or yuribait.

18. XiaoWenTian

Reading List:
    Link
    惡毒女配都被她氣哭[快穿
    Vicious villainess was so angried that she cried
    The usual qt, mc x vicious villainess (lol)
    Also 2 pseudo sisters story.
    魔王變成小可憐後(快穿)
    After the devil become a litte pitiful
    Mc is normal person with kindness and compassion, but fl is full of paranoia. Mc died in every world but last world, fl real body is mc best friend turned gf.
    美强惨反派是我老婆[穿书
    The tragic villainess is my wife
    Abo story, mc is transmigrated after story end. Heroine is a transmigrator but lost the cheating system. Fl is villainess who is abused by heroine and whatever she did always go wrong, she has amnesia and be with mc, having a child.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  19. Titan0fPower

Reading List:
    Link
    In My Death God Roommate, can anyone explain to me why
    Sang Tong is so prissy about Murong? Seems to me Murong just minds her own business while Sang Tong just constantly gets pissed at her. It's getting annoying.

20. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading After Being Marked by the Boss of the Scumbag Ex-wife (被渣前妻的上司标记后 by 七夕是大头喵). As it sounds like, it's an ABO story where the MC catches her wife cheating at the scene of the crime and divorces her. She was originally a beta who has gone over the age where she should still have a chance to differentiate into alpha or omega, but due to the overload of pheromones at the scene of the crime, she ended up splitting into an omega. That's when she ran into the FL who helped protect her and temporarily mark her to help her through the differentiation period. The soon to be ex-wife refused to divorce right then and wanted to do it later or else she'd ban the lab that the MC was currently working at. This is where the main plot of this novel comes from.

Basically the MC has been trying to create a stabilizer drug to help pregnant omega and betas through their pregnancy without experiencing gene problems or miscarriage or whatever else that's been a rampant issue in this world. She originally worked on it with her ex-wife and even let her sign her name on the official paper because she was an alpha and would get better resources from the government. The soon to be ex-wife wanted to use her work as a bargaining chip to refuse the divorce. This is where the FL comes in. She's from a powerful family and she recently got back from getting a 1st class military merit and was given a chance to become the new boss of the lab that the ex-wife works at. That's also the position that was currently about to be offered to the ex-wife. So the FL proposed that if the MC married her, she could protect her research under her family and also by virtue of her new position.

That's where everything starts, and tbh there's a lot of plot in this novel. A lot of it is focused on the scientific research the MC has as her life goal and the other is focused on intrigue on what exactly happened in the original research on a stabilizer that happened 20 years ago that ended in tragedy. There's also quite a few reveals that the MC keeps as her hidden trump cards and there's a lot more to the eye than first glance about the MC's background. Another big theme is the AO discrimination of B even though an equal rights law was passed 80 years ago.

The romance itself is pretty good, though it does stagnant in the later half of the novel. This is mostly cause the plot was given priority over romance, but I also feel that by the time that happened, there was already a conclusion to their feelings for each other so it's okay. I was initially unsure how to feel about the FL being such a "perfect lover" until we find out that actually, this isn't the first time that she's met the MC and her feelings aren't on the same development path as the MC. The MC is the only one who's in the process of falling in love after being cheated on by her childhood sweetheart, while the FL sees the MC as her "white moonlight" so to speak. The romantic development makes a lot more sense when you realize that. I also think it's fine for the FL to seem like such a perfect lover because by the end of the novel, the MC is truly someone who would make you feel anyone less than that isn't worthy of her.

Anyways, with all that said, this was a really interesting novel. 10/10 tbh, I really liked the characters and the plot was really interesting to read.

AsianessPride likes this.