Love Confession

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by asriu, Jul 8, 2021.

?

love Confession

1. its weird

19.0%
  2. its good

28.6%
  3. err dunno?

28.6%
  4. Forever Alone~

23.8%
  1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    wut cha think bout it?

no its not about say love you on marriage stage, its when you wanna date someone~ you know like manga or anime

some culture (which may differ on generations) may think confess your love is weird cuz well just use hint or subtle thing then all thing well no need to say it~ other culture may think if you not confess then it is weird~

personally, this cat prefer confession cuz this cat like to make clear about relationship~ this cat feeling toward other may change later but this cat ABSOLUTELY HATE being on unclear state~ hint or stuff may create misinterpretation which make thing worse~ just because of dating not necessary end up as marriage it doesn't mean this cat like toyed around on feeling~
    absolutely disgusting chocola.png
    will you date me?
    sure~
    after one date we separate~
    hic.....

but imo that better than going for months like lover then denied by other say "no we just close friend", "eh we just close" aka being friendzoned without knowing it~
    19649.png

why culture on generations? well this cat granny just go out without confession then they fine~ this cat aunty get confession stuff~ this cat circle is mix cat, with bunch of tear and laugh~

oh well white cat or black cat as long as it eat fish, it doesn't matter~

fumu tldr
    which mean lazybum too lazy to read
    bored.png

eh so they another saber eh~

2. Lovise

Lovise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I agree with u that it is better to confess in order to avoid misunderstandings. It is also better to make it clear. There is also a saying somewhere along the line of “no confession means no chance.” So confession is best IF you want a clear serious relationship.

Ofc today, peeps like the grey area. Hook up/pick up (like at a bar, college party, drunk mistakes), etc can all leads to a dating relationship.

Now for Men, I personally think it is best to confess because confessing also means consenting. Just in case ya no? ;)

asriu likes this.
  3. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    confession in the manga/anime sense is viewed as a childish (k-12) thing in my country.
    outside of party culture which is full of one night stands and hook ups, most adults move a little slower. if it's someone you already know and like you go out to dinner or go hiking or whatever makes you happy. if it's a stranger than usually first you meet up for coffee or an activity in public and talk for a couple hours. if you get along, then you'll go on an actual date. if things go bad you move on, if they're going good for a while and the other party seems interested in you then you have the talk about expectations and define the relationship going forward.
    I'm a blunt person so I will tell people during the first real date that I am a one person girl and if they want to date around while dating me at the same time then it's not going to work out. it saves a lot of time and makes for less stress.

4. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Carnival Phantasm now canon? I thought it was a spin-off. :hmm:

A love confession should only be done to friends, because that's a declaration of changing the relationship. A love confession to a complete stranger is jarring and would probably lead to a rejection.

asriu likes this.
  5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Confessions are weird in the way Japan seems to do them. Like, wouldn't you just date a person for a bit to get to know them better before you declare your undying loyalty to them? Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty sure confessing as portrayed in media is an overall awful social situation. I really don't like people springing questions like that on me since I've always had a habit of reflexively agreeing, before turning them down later in an even more awkward situation.

asriu likes this.
  6. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Confessions are good. Depending on who it's for and how about it's done*, it can be fun to watch from the sidelines, give you second hand embarrassment, or just be cringe-
    The worst that can happen

-They turn you down.
    -They make fun of you (not worth it then if they're asshats)
    -They tell their friends and joke about you
    -You get asked out by your crush and accidentally turn them down.:bloborz:

I've learned to just go for it though, especially since most 'confessions' are over-exaggerated badly in shows. It really isn't that big a deal imo, and are good for jokes/memes and exaggerating in the media. Being turned down hurts of course, but if people just :sushi_singing:COMMUNICATED:sushi_singing: they could probably work things out and still be friends. I don't see why not? And after being turned down, your crush doesn't go away, but the sting usually can help it go away.

To clarify, I mean the personality of people. For example, for someone who is more a introvert, I wouldn't do a public confession (not that anyone should seriously do one...) since that'd be overwhelming and embarrassing af.
    If they're some time traveling junky from the 80's I'd blast music outside their window and serenade them (this is a joke, I don't recommend this).

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer to have things clear too~

Better to put your feelings on the table instead of keeping things murky~

8. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to confess though no matter where you are all people or almost all people face the dilemma of being rejected or not. I think it probably took a lot for the other person to confess so when they do, do properly respond even if it isn't in a positive sense. I don't think friendzoning people is exactly wrong either because it's a quick way to weed out among people who do back down and people who don't, it just shows how far they're willing to risk and how much the person actually likes you to confess even when they know they'd prolly be rejected based on what they hear. Dating someone who confessed to you somewhat out of pity isn't so nice either to the other person right? Unless they're purposefully looking for some closure and just make sure to tell you that one date is all they want. Dating someone who you aren't really attracted to or like is pretty cruel too, since you're making them hope for nothing.

asriu and Mr. Tired like this.
  9. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the things I despise most are people who lead others on, drag it out, or do it "Because they're bored".

asriu and Lois. like this.
  10. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that just hurts <.<.:blobsleepless:

Mr. Tired likes this.
  11. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    They're the type of people who deserve karma ASAP :blobhyperthink: Messing with other people's feelings is very unswagger.
    Jokes aside, I do feel a shred of empathy for those who freak out and say yes when meaning to say no instead; it makes the situation more awkward and then complicated and...just sad. :blobwoah:

12. Deleted member 367916

Deleted member 367916 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    NEVER HAD A FLING! But still believe firmly, CONFESSING is BETTER!!
    P.S. You only live once. A life wid lesser regrets is the best!~^^

asriu likes this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Repeat After Me
    Carnival Phantasm is the only canon, other is the spin-off! not the other around....
    if you mean on media nah that just exaggerate, this cat only they confess to people they already know~ not on undying level yet lol
    burn them with fire!
    hmm imo that feel like on friendzone level~ hook up and night stand or just go somewhere together~ as for date dunno much cuz this cat rarely involve on romance relationship~
    talking for hours before date hmmm it feel like just on phase of closing, probing each other~ ah the mindset of using date as another probing perhaps?
    kinda interesting stuff~ maybe this cat will dive into reason why such thing exist~

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  14. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye confessing is better, take your chance and get rejected instead of not even attempting to do so.

asriu likes this.
  15. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer a private discussion after dating. When you're just getting to know each other, I don't think you know the other person well enough to decide to be with them long term so confessing feels like saying "I like your public persona".

I don't like public confessions. It puts too much pressure on the person getting confessed to because public rejection is awkward.
    It feels a little insincere to me; like you're using public opinion to influence the outcome.

asriu likes this.
  16. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    Tru lop iz MBA.

17. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]