Spoiler Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by QuinNoteBook, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor is better off dead.
    My opinion was that Elenora was better to be stripped out of her nobility and exiled. Because her madness came from her time being neglected, harassed and abused while she was on Empire's care.
    As much as she was a hostage, she was still a human with social needs and she was given a harsh treatments since childhood.

2. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    But she drugged Diego’s horse and it resulted in the death of the aristocrat fiancé of Evie’s friend. That seems very unfair that someone so young died because of her selfish actions. She should be dealt with according to that crime.

Khadz and OtomeAddict like this.
  3. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    True, the collateral damage was unfortunate.
    But her brother made her to do so and she was vulnerable at the time. I mean if we're to look on her past, I could sympathize with how she was treated. Being traded for peace as a hostage at young age, treated like she was some object for harassment, her only fiance had never even bother to even spare some time for her. Sure her engagement was something to put her brother in check and that it was a one sided love, Diego was a playboy ass who somehow have a face that ask for beating. If there's a good end, Evie should at least beat the prince together with Elenora once.

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  4. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    She had a choice to do it though. Her brother didn’t threaten her life did he? Not everyone who went through hardship would make that choice.

As to Diego, as much as I don’t like him, he hasn’t really done anything wrong to Elenora. His flirting is annoying and I can’t stand him for that but he did that before he was engaged to Elenora. His engagement actually occurred before the hunting event. He wasn’t obligated to Elenora before that. I don’t like him though.

5. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Her mental state was basically fragile from childhood. Being sent as a hostage to foreign land, the Empire; a place where everyone was stranger to her, she don't know who to trust and was socially harassed at every turn by nobles of the Empire. I mean she was a princess in her homeland, yet in Empire, as a hostage; a person who lives with an edge of a knife put at the edge of her throat, will be killed if situations requires it.
    Which was why she became dependent on the prince when he takes her side as nobles bully her, it was the first time when she saw someone smiles sincerely and cared for her. Although the prince thinks that it was his obligations, in her eyes he was like a knight who saves damsel in distress. And as she grew up she wanted to win the prince, but the prince didn't bother to gave her a reply or even treated her like women.
    And things happens like typical romance plot: Unrequited love can either become salvation, or the ultimate ingredient for total oblivion's recipe.

applebeans likes this.
  6. mariah9419

mariah9419 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can Someone please tell me How Ibee broke Alejandro curse ?

7. Nelhiro

Nelhiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was because of the tears of true love (if I remember correctly) , I recommend watching the spoilers from the beginning

mariah9419 likes this.
  8. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    So, since the manhwa deviated from the novel, I wondered how and if Liandro and Evie would still end up sleeping together and it looks like it will happen. At the end of today’s chapter Liandro tells Evie that he can’t stay by her side all night and not to treat him like a child (instead of a man with desires). She tells him that he doesn’t have to put up with it and she asks him to stay. I guess that means they will spend the night together as man and woman.

Creolenerd likes this.
  9. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the reason they kept Lorenzo alive was to let the readers have more sympathy for the "poor pitiful princess" . A bit like how Spoon changed much of WMMAP to get readers to be more favorable to her precious favorite character Jeanette.

darkcrystal likes this.
  10. anisha_black

anisha_black New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any additional side stories? I wanted to know about Evie's pregnancy, birth or kids and cute and lovely moments with Liandro huhuhuhu

i_am_here likes this.
  11. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there are side stories. I didn’t read most. However, they do have twin boy and girl. The girl seem to have Liandro’s personality and the boy is softer. The boy looks exactly like Liandro. The girl probably has Evie’s hair color and a mix of purple/blue eyes.

12. nande_nande

nande_nande Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone knows if the novel content has R18? I can't access kakao.

13. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried looking for the royal uncle who married a woman with lower status? but I can't find them :blobsob:
    where are you cute uncleeeee

my rants,
    it's korean novel, so I truly expect that they will be happy in the end, heck, if I isekai'd I'd probably take more risks because I know it's a world of happy endings.

If Evie reads webnovels, she totally would have known about other webtoons with maids in them. I can forgive her inferiority complex though, it's common for FLs to think they're not worthy even when they're honorable, rich and prettIEST. Then they'd always have a proof of love arc where FL is not as pretty or rich anymore, but ML still loves her. It does make me feel weird because this is duke-maid and also 4 years old (7+ years old on soul) age gap.
    Imperial family should be happy for them, because this marriage will mean he and his descendants have weaker claim to the throne. Even if they just grant the maid insignificant amount of grace, the duke will forever be in their debt, and will not openly bite their faces. Them being condescending to Evie is crude and them perishing is just a matter of time.

Whenever the king appears, he immediately makes everyone know he's curious about the curse and expects the duke to die. Openly shows disdain for everyone from duke to maid, lol.

Lean could also make rumors about the maid healing his curse, under the guise of storybooks. He can even say that the curse will go out of control if he doesn't get married to the curse breaker, why not? The imperial family doesn't even know how to gain intelligence. When the king asks, he can just say, 'no, that's just rumor, how can you believe that?' and who would know? no one would ever be cursed again to proof what happened. FL's scar is not that strange, it looks like a cut that's handled improperly. It's stranger for her to have clean spotless hands.

Can't agree more that head maid shouldn't have made her own call. It's disrespectful to the duke, he is her superior and she can rightly be fired for sending Evie off.
    — When Evie was kicked out she had to hurry and have no family nearby.
    seeing how no one talked about Ev's family ever and Evie travelled far immediately after getting out. The kingdom is chaotic and she's a beautiful commoner woman carrying money. She doesn't even want to know where she'll go.
    She didn't do this to the previous Duke and Duchess, but to young duke she can still mold
    Lean's not nearly as scandalous as his parents, loving a maid is not going to destroy his family if his parents scandals didn't. Moreover, rumours don't do anything to them, they're still dukes, they still have wealth, strengh and honor. They can still survive as a family, even if they can't, Lean still is the noblest after the prince, the highest duke in the realm, and can marry anyone.

The only harm would be the duke would have less prestige and their servants as well. She wants the duke to marry another noblewoman. BUT. she didn't do this kind of thing to the previous Duke or Duchess. So she is trying to manipulate the young duke's life to maintain her own job and prestige. afaik, maids don't usually want to serve people as low or lower than them. If Lean did forget about Evie, she would have became highest female figure in the house, and respected when a new mistress walks in.
    SO, what head maid is worried about is the fall of the duke's prestige. Maybe she truly believes she's doing it for the Bellavite, but her plan mostly benefits her. She didn't even worry about how an ignorant girl is going to survive outside.

current timeline: Diego is interested in Evie who doesn't cling to him, and emperor make them spend time together to figure out about the curse.
    Past timeline: Elenora has a pseudo true love situation with Leandro, will not be clingy to Diego because she is being pampered and guarded by Lean and will break Lean's curse.

Diego might have a complex about Lean, he keeps falling for the woman Lean loves.

Elenora without Leandro by her side grows mentally vulnerable under physical and psychological traumas, never feeling safe or loved. Should've appreciated Lean when she could :blobpopcorn:

14. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is now on Tappytoon Novels which includes the following titles:
    • What It Takes to be a Villainess
    • Villainess Lives Twice
    • Villainess Reverses the Hourglass
    • Tender Heart (Sincerely the duke’s maid)
    • Light and Shadow
    • The Abandoned Empress (for those who don’t hate it)
    • Adelaide
    • Priscilla’s Marriage
    • Iris and her Smartphone
    • Father, I Don’t Want to Get Married
    • Empress from Another World
    • Villainess’s Maker
    • Villainess for a Tyrant

Rin.rinaaa and applebeans like this.
  15. Celebrianna

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, they really changed the novel story in the manhwa adaptation. Now I suppose Eleanora fans can be at ease. She escapes punishment despite causing someone’s death. I’m wondering why they didn’t save the nobleman who died in the horse accident since they are keeping characters alive that died in the novel. I guess that nobleman was just canon fodder so he couldn’t escape death. Now we see Diego hugging Eleanora and acting all intimately with her. Heh.

Korleone likes this.
  16. randomUser01

randomUser01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have a question :)
    who does diego end up with? does he still end up with eleanora?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Tt123 likes this.
  17. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm guessing they changed the story. I mean i don't hate it cuz my like for the story decreased

18. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the manhwa, Lorenzo survives and MC cuts off any possibility of her loving him back or running away with him.

Eleodora actually is in love/obsessed (I think it is hero worship) with the prince, she knew nothing of her brothers plan until he arrived to the capital to see her, and she was coerced into following his plans since he threatened the life of Diego if she didn’t comply.

Ultimately Diego let her escape because once the invasion happened she 1 put herself in front of her brother for CP, was about to untie him, got interrupted, but managed to leave a dagger for him that helped a lot once they reached the climax of everything going on. Also, in the comment above she really didn’t know anything about the invasion to begin with, in her fantasy she was to be the future Queen wife of her beloved Diego.

I can’t believe I had to wait till 22 pages to finally get the spoilers I wanted. Thank you for that. Hope this post clarifies some of the questions people have.

MLisMyHubby and Korleone like this.
  19. Plaindot

Plaindot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa ending is:
    Emperor dies, Leandro and Eve watched him die- but told everyone they found him dead.
    Diego found out his curse was transferred to Leandro, and accepted that he has to live with the guilt.
    Diego becomes the new emperor, Diego released Eleonora, told her he loves her as a brother to a little sister, which caused Eleonora to give up her love and successfully ranaway w his help.
    Her brother was executed.
    Eleonora ended up becoming a nurse/helper (changed her name) in a church that helps war casualties.

20. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hate that they changed the novel to make Eleanora a more "sympathetic" character, it seems forced.
    when really she is an annoying selfish/self-absorbed immature brat.