corona chan got me

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wantek, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Starfish9y

Starfish9y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost my taste and smell too. It's so weird eating something without flavor still have to push myself to eat. I drink more water, took vitamin c and lots of sleeps. Also my mom help me massage my body it literally helps and I always put a towel in my back for sweating. Hope it'll help! I wish for your recovery.

Jiggy and wantek like this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it also depends on the variant. Here in India, I know a couple of my friends who were young and healthy who died despite getting tested. Stay alert but not anxious. If you can afford a pulse oximeter, I suggest getting one.

3. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are both viruses, we don't have many medications for them. Generally, only the symptoms can be treated. For both these virus Susan's comment to get secondary infections, which is why they might have started you on an antibiotic treatment. That's what makes them deadly you, hope you get a less severe strain, your immune system can fight it off and you don't develop any secondary infections that are super serious. But they are caused by 2 different viruses, just wanted to point that out, but treated the same because we don't have many things we can do to treat viruses.

Is that a Doctor Mike reference? Or did you hear someone else say it?

4. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, did you get vaccinated recently ? Depending on testing method, you might be diagnosed positive if you were recently vaccinated.
    Secondly, we don't really have a medicine for corona virus specifically. Some medicines are helpful when symptoms get severe, but initially normal flu meds are enough.

In my experience, I got sick twice within last year, both times it looked like corona but I tested negative. Doctor treated me as if I was positive anyways. Apart from the extra vitamins and minerals, it was the same paracetamol + antibiotics. As a matter of fact, I used to take almost 7-8 different tablets and half were vitamins and minerals.

5. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    So... I assume masturbating could worsen the symptoms? Lol

6. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    99% of the world is doomed! lol.

There is this very bad rumor going around that only the weak die from Covid. The older generation die from Covid due to a compromised immune system but the young die from a different method, more often than not, they die from an overreaction of our immune system to the virus. It's something like dying from a very high fever, the virus does not cause the fever, it's your immune system that is causing it, so yes, the young do die from Covid and it is those that have a "good" immune system that is more at risk. It's not just Covid, any viral infection can cause things like myocardiatis or organ failures, remember how the immune system "kills" viruses. It lets them infect cells, then blows up the cells along with the virus inside. There is only so much such a "self destruct" protection system can do before you start "blowing up" necessary cells.

Jiggy and AkeShiro like this.
  7. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am immune to covid as i dont go out.:blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses:

Jokes aside, rest well and get well soon

Nightow1 likes this.
  8. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rest well. Stay active if you can but don't overstrain yourself. Even if you can't taste your meals, don't skip any of them.

Nightow1 likes this.
  9. A Person

A Person Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope you get better

10. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Eat well, sleep well, stretch and get some sun. Take your vitamin C and drink plenty of water. Don’t touch your mouth and eyes. Make sure to wash your hands and use utensils to eat

11. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its quite scary as you dont know where the wuhan virus will attack you. I had it too but i only had high fever and a huge headache for a few days. Didnt lost the sense of smell and taste but my brother did. We werent given any medication at all in the hospital. We were just told to drink plenty water, eat a good diet, get some multivitamins supplements and hope for the best.

Nightow1 likes this.
  12. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    It takes a lot of your already very limited energy and that would impair your breathing

AkeShiro likes this.
  13. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Epic Boss Fight: Covid-19

If you win, you will unlock Corona-chan into your party (immunity system).

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  14. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You will feel like you are having heart attacks sometimes. Don't worry, it will just be your left lung scarring from the inside. Whatever symptoms you have, other than the loss of smell will start to get better after a week though.

15. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp I never thought of that. I only lost my sense of smell and taste and coughing fit here and there. It only takes a month or two to heal but my sense of smell and taste ain't as good as the past, only 60% of em recovered.

16. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope you get better soon OP. Get some good rest too. Hope for speedy recovery.

wantek likes this.
  17. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    Get well soon! Stay healthy and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Deleted member 348269 and wantek like this.