Question Does it have to be the existing languages?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Dizaster, Jul 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I have been reading on NU for a while now but recently I have found a book in Hindi that I really wanted to share with the masses but lack a platform. I don't know how to get started or what do I even need to do? Do I need to get in touch with any of the operators here to ask for permission? or should I look into other platforms? I know there exist translation groups and individual translators but I have no idea how either work! Can someone please provide me guidance. Thank You!
    I think webnovels will provide a platform but for some reason I don't really like that website as a free reader. Not sure about wattapad. As I have said, I have only been a reader for all my years of existence and never really stepped in any other role (in literature world), so I have no clue on what to do or should I just give up?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    choosing platform really depends on your feeling about the provider and what you want it to be. If you want ads, generally people will join other larger website or set up their own site. If you only want to share, it's even simpler. Heck, you could post it on nuf if you want.

If you are confused how translation vet linked to nu and everything else, you could read:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-does-novel-updates-work.21477/

Just create one. Wordpress and bloggers have free account to post stuff.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  3. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont suggest wattpad.
    the work of my friend was taken down just because of a little r-18 in a single chapter out of 200.