Resolved ----CLOSED-----

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Deleted member 370652, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted member 370652

Deleted member 370652 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    ----------------CLOSED-----------------------

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2021
  2. OverlyUnfriendly

OverlyUnfriendly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow...such exploitation.
    so that works out to be 3 dollars a day, 21 a week, 84 a month, 1008 a year. Couldn't they make more by just starting their own site? One whole dollar for a whole chapter of indeterminant length and you also want 3 a day. Lol. I get that it's MTL, but you're even asking for a fluent English speaker who can correct grammar.

I mean, if you're looking for someone to throw it into a machine translator like google or bing and then half-assedly edit it, $1 might be acceptable but at the point you might as well do it yourself.

Edit: since you want to remove the pay from the title...$1 per chapter was the offer posted on this thread.

Edit 2: the user deleted his post. the gist of it was that he wanted a fluent english speaker who could correct grammar to MTL Chinese novels, $1 a chapter for 3 chapters a day (besides weekends). He then pointed to his discord to more info.

3. Deleted member 370652

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello OverlyUnfriendly, that's only a level 1 treatment, If they stay for longterm the pay will increase. That's why i put for more info dm on discord.

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanted to say that a recruitment that asks for a crazy high work pace, for absurdly low wages, then hides the wages from the first post after being called out on it, and that don't even mention what website the translations would be for... Doesn't seem that trustworthy.

5. Deleted member 370652

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello AliceShiki, I did put dm me on discord for more info and clarification. And also this is not a force work ( I didn't force anyone to join, if they or you are not willing, we will not force you)

6. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    So, with no website to display what you have, with no real guarantees of payment and in such abysmal low rates (which you backpedaled and redacted from your original post) that even me working at retail in my third world country would get paid more for less effort, you expect people in good faith to join your potential scam sweatshop for translators and translate, edit and proofread three chapters per day, which even through MTL is still an excessively tall order.

I fail to see how your system of 'levels' is anything more than a way to gaslight any potential gullible victim you manage to snare and the fact it was not mentioned at all in the original post until you got called out, at which point you began to deflect the issue by directing to your discord.

This thread and tone deaf answers to legitimate criticisms and concerns just displays how scummy and far removed from reality you are, so I'd like to ask of you ever so politely to kindly jog on and try your heckling at another doorstep.

7. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    I see no mention of your site, which tells me you at least seem to be self-aware to some extent...

https://hotmtlnovel.com/

Though it's useless. Thanks for telling us you employ shady practices.

8. Deleted member 370652

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello The Everdistant Utopia, For levels we talk it in private to negotiate those willing to become longterm because there are some that after translating 3 chapters they quit. Our purpose is to give readers a better reading experience and we don't make our chapters paid to read. We don't also put an ads on our website. We also the one who buy novels on b. faloo . com and ocr it.

Hello Way, I got it, It seems we have different standard on pay , because on our country the normal workers pay is 4$ per day. It's my fault it's my first time making website and recruiting like this. We just want readers to read better translation faloo novels without spending and fast browsing. And for mtl'er they can choose novel's from faloo to translate and we buy the raw and ocr it for them. It's a missunderstanding.

9. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you employing bots to make these answers? Or is it one of your underpaid workers? Blink twice if you need help.

Yes, of course they'd quit a strenuous environment, who would've guessed. Are you seriously trying to pull the 'give readers a better reading experience' to justify squeezing translators dry with a pitiful pay and a hectic workload, more over practically telling the only reason you'd offer them better rates would be to put a leash on them long term?

I couldn't care less if you don't put ads in your site. I wouldn't mind turning my adblocker off to know about all the "Hot Singles" in my area if troglodytes like you would treat your workers properly.

10. Deleted member 370652

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh, forget it. I'm wrong.

11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.