Discussion These people are blind and delusional

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by OldManGu, Jul 15, 2021.

1. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yamato’s fruit was just revealed in spoilers of one piece chapter 1019 and the fans are idiots. There has been theories that her fruit is a Kirin or White Tiger for months. The picture of her fruit just came out and it’s obviously not any type of tiger or Kirin. But tons of people still think it is. She doesn’t have any features of a Kirin and she doesn’t have a tigers muscles or ears. Her form looks extremely scrawny and has long rabbit/fox looking ears. It looks like it may be Amaterasu or Inari. It seems like half the comments still think it’s a White Tiger or Kirin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/c..._source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

upload_2021-7-14_21-10-8.png

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  2. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Okamiden? Or fox?

OldManGu likes this.
  3. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like a dog or wolf, for some reason, I remembered some of Inuyasha's characters looking at that drawing

OldManGu likes this.
  4. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean I wouldn't expect anything else from reddit

OldManGu likes this.
  5. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you say that, as even reddit is a cesspool?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    OldManGu likes this.
  6. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this considered spoiling? I’m not caught up to One piece yet:notlikeblob::blobflag:

OldManGu likes this.
  7. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the opposite of a cesspool. It's too clean. It's hard to have discussion there because the opinions the majority disagree with will get mobbed and downvoted even if you're correct with evidence to back it up.

OldManGu likes this.
  8. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the real pic upload_2021-7-15_2-12-11.jpeg
    The horns are not part of her fruit in case anybody doesn’t know.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  9. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    It is the wolf fruit Ooguchi no Makami

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    This saga is still not over in the manga? sigh... hope it ends quickly cause so far based on the anime it has been the worst of all of One Piece...

OldManGu likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? Was that explained somewhere? I figured it was a fox of sorts, but there weren't enough details to be sure~
    *pat pat pat* It's been pretty fun for me, and the series is still pretty popular, so I think you're in the minority there~

OldManGu likes this.
  12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    One Piece manga sales have been sliding.

The problem with this arc is that it feels too forced as author is trying to glue all the story together.

Not to mention, who in the world made Kenamon the strategist? Even if the author admits that everyone knew he was an idiot, why did they still follow his stupidity? Don't tell me cause he is the 1st retainer. The harm he caused is more than even the traitor. (luckily for him his enemy was also an idiot)

And don't get me started on the whole ridiculousness of the Oden part... probably the worst character in one piece.

OldManGu likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-7-23_1-0-31.png

I dunno the accuracy of this statement. They seem to have been fluctuating around the 10kk mark since 2014, long before this arc started.

Sure, 2020 is the worst year since 2008, but it's also the COVID year where many people lost their jobs and had to start cutting on expenses, and also the year where printing companies had start working with less people and producing an overall smaller amount of product per day, so... I dunno how much those sales have to do with the public opinion of the story itself.
    The fact is though, that the only reason his plan went wrongly was because of a traitor, so... I don't think he is as stupid as you say? Especially because being a good war strategist and being smart in general aren't things that need to overlap.

Also, being the one with the highest authority is obviously a good reason for being the one that gives the orders, so I don't get the "don't tell me cause he is the 1st retainer" point. It seems like a perfectly reasonable argument to me.
    I have no idea what makes you hate Oden, but sure, I guess? I liked the character myself though~

OldManGu likes this.
  14. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    It was in the spoilers for chapter 1020.

Longest arc in one piece

Oden is a great character that was forced into the story. Rayleigh said that Roger understood the poneglyphs because he could hear the voice of all things. He said that there was no scholars among them and they didn’t understand how to read them. Then in Wano Oda changes his mind and made Oden do it. Oda also made that dumb prophecy that goes against everything One Piece is about. One Piece is about Luffy being free and choosing his own destiny and now we found out its already predestined. Oda is rushing the story because he has money and is tired of writing. Wano was just Oda jerking off Japan and making Oden on as big as Roger and a Whitebeard. I can love Oden and still understand that he was poorly placed into the story. But I guess Oden wouldn’t be Oden if it wasn’t boiled.

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, there was that, I remember finding that to be weird~

It could be attributed to Rayleigh being an unreliable narrator, but it's still weird nonetheless~

16. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall seeing the fruit Yamato ate being named anywhere. All that was said was that Kaido forced her to eat one.