Any JP isekai you love to see an anime adaption of?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BEritro, Jul 10, 2021.

1. BEritro

BEritro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This may have been done in past but i am asking this again cause reasons kek
    anyway the ones i would personally like is these 7
    1) world at peace Isekai
    2) Strongest Spaceship Isekai
    3) that Reincarnated as Sword Isekai
    4) Death Mage does not want 4th time Isekai
    5) Instand death Isekai ( this one will break battle fourms and basically Isekai version of One Punch Man for me)
    6) Weakest Mage (one of my fav personal fav)
    7) Re Monster (This one is long overdue i think?)
    Honorable Mention: Dragon Egg Isekai

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  2. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    mushoku tensei and im pretty damn happy about it

NOVELS THAT CAN BE ADAPTED BUT WILL BE SHIT
    2,3,5, 6, and 7
    NOVEL THAT WILL BE THE NEXT BERSERK THE ANIMATED
    safe and easy to adapt
    Evil God Average
    If it gets adapted it will be insanely vanilla and will never get a season 2
    World Teacher – Other World Style Education & Agent
    considering redo healer went all in I want them to adapt this
    Shijou Saikyou Orc-san no Tanoshii Tanetsuke Harem Tzukuri

3. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't watch anime any more and I'm really hard pressed to think of any adaptations I'd want to watch. Even with books I enjoy like Overlord or Kumo Desu ka, I can't see a show doing much to elevate the source material. The bad books out there would be easy to elevate but it's just not likely for the end result to be any good. Konosuba is the exception as the anime is way better at bringing out the comedy than the book is. But the reason why it's so good also reveals how hard it is to replicate that success.

Oh yeah, and Kenkyo. This one is obviously never happening so it doesn't count but a high quality comedy isekai anime that's set up like old school shoujo? Definitely sign me up for that!

This is the only book in the list I've read and I can safely say that the anime adaptation will be much better than the book. However, the book is so irredeemably boring that it'll still be awful.

4. BEritro

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of s2 i am still waiting for Problem children coming from another world isekai .... its been forever even How to not summon a demon lord got s2 ............

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno~ this cat kinda detached from anime for long time
    hmm maybe shinka no mi
    the sage power is....wait that already have anime
    maybe romance isekai that not villain or otome game.... nothing pop up atm

6. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    If this ever gets animated, it will trigger certain individuals, just like what happened to Goblin Slayer.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  7. BEritro

Reading List:
    Link
    well ever since something like redo of a healer got animated i slowly accepted anything is fair game at this point

8. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dr_H_16 likes this.
  9. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    The only one I can think of that I kind of would like to see adapted is Kanata Kara/From Far Away, but that is a 90's shoujo manga so any chances of it being adapted are really low at this point.
    And well, even if it were to get an adapted I have doubts about how it would be handled, as the story more or less starts with the main characters unable to communicate for quite a while until the mc starts to learn the local language.

10. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see Instant Death Isekai being Isekai One Punch Man, despite what Frozen Ink assumes. It's got the same basic concept, MC's too OP, and everyone around them is doing exciting things and being threats until MC is given reason to act, at which point any fight that the MC was near is over. The only major difference is that Saitama taking action displays a massive, over the top reaction (clouds being split across half the planet from the power of Saitama's serious punch), while Instant Death's MC's powers stop things immediately.

11. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not assuming merely basing it on the fact that isekai novels being randomly adapted have in most cases been shit especially the more generic one

also one punch man could have been shit if any other group adapted it
    just look at season 2 the fan base almost entirely died

12. BEritro

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah agree lol honestly really wanna see how ID getting adapted i wanna see how casuals anime watchers react to yogiri

13. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most adaptations are, Isekai or not.
    That and there are a lot of low end animation studios out there, likely related to how underpaid their workers can be.

14. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dw at the current pace, everything in this thread will probably get one as long as the author doesn't stop it

it seems like all the trashy isekai are getting anime adaptions for some odd reasons since even redo healer...urrg

15. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Dr_H_16 likes this.
  16. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Each will need much, much careful planning to be properly adapted.
    The girl who eat death god should've been easy since it's fairly straightforward story, but considering the quality of recent adaption I can see the adaption fail at some points.
    The Lazy King time jump is very unfriendly for anime viewers since most don't take note of the time and only rely on 'common sense' to judge how much time had passed, and wouldn't go out of their way to ascertain the time if not pressured for it (speaking from an experience).
    JK is a sex worker... in my opinion it gave a fair view on the job, but I can say with certainty that a lot of people will get triggered for whatever reason.

17. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Girl who ate death god might work if it’s done by Studio Nut. They did Youjo Senki, I thinks it’s pretty well done.

The lazy king might be great under madhouse, as long as they give it the Overlord S1 treatment. It’s fairly short series so 1 or 2 season might be enough when done at a decent pace. This series also reminds me of the devil is a part timer. So whichever studio handled that series might work too.

I think Jk is a sex worker would get a similar treatment as Higehiro.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  18. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    It is unfortunately not gonna happen... not only is problem children complete but also the adaptation is now ancient history. On top of that the sequel, Last Embryo is not doing too hot - the series is on infinite hiatus for now

19. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a few titles that I want to be adapted to anime, but I didn't think it fits with the connotation that the term 'isekai' gave to people now.
    Isekai (Transmigration/Reincarnation):
    My Death Flags Show No Signs of Ending
    Skeleton Knight (Generic, but it's interesting)
    Goblin Kingdom (For those who haven't read it, I recommend to start it. It's one of the few well done stories with monster MC.)
    Lax Demon (it would be interesting to see how anime viewers react to that... it's surprisingly deep. Not THAT deep, but there's certainly something worthwhile below the layer of seemingly light-hearted story)
    Isekai (Set in different world):
    Magdala de Nemure
    Rakuin no Monshou
    Zeroth Maria
    Combat Baker
    Hokou Kizoku (it set in kinda-North/South Pole, but it was so unknown to me that it might as well be a different world. Or, maybe historical considering it was set in feudal era.)
    Tearmoon Empire (the LN)
    Ouroboros Record (I couldn't remember if the MC is reincarnated or not, I just remember he is very distrustful of anyone)

20. BEritro

Reading List:
    Link
    This one already got announcement iirc its in the work if i am getting the correct title here

Oh man that sucks specially i have seen some anime getting s2 after 6/8 years in recent days oh well .... welp i still gonna keep my tiny bit of hope up even if its nearly immpossible

Dr_H_16 likes this.