Spoiler Hataraku Maou-sama volume 21 ending

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Euphues

Euphues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uwaaa... I totally forgot this novel existed

2. EmmanuelGamepop

EmmanuelGamepop Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I'm sorry, it's true my ship did come true sorry for imposing it but couldn't you spare a bit. Think about the chiyo shippers like me, we had it rough because of the last 5 or more volumes making the Maou x Emu ship so full Chiyo was nowhere in the plot. Frankly I thought that there was going to be a bad ending for her where she almost died and was sent back to earth with her memories erased or something like that.
    If my comment offended you and the rest of the Emy shippers, I sincerely apologize. I'm not good with words more even that my mother language is Spanish, so I offer all of you an apologize but I meant about let the author go, that's how this medium works like, most ships in other novels I read already seam impossible like in Hamefura(Otome Game No Hametsu Flag) I go for Nicole x Catarina and tell me a this point of the novel it's pretty obvious that Gerald is already the winner.
    Ps: BTW shitty wasn't necessary if anything was shitty was the fact that fanbases instead of taking it more maturely (I'm not referring to everyone) like dropping it, they are fuming about it seriously I do know how it feels but don't make it get the best of you.

Creolenerd likes this.
  3. Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I dropped Hatamaou years ago around vol 12 while I read spoilers up to vol 17/ 18, but wtf is with that ending? It feels like the whole build up in the novel went to waste. All the time Maou talked about preparing for his return to his people and all the stuff he was talking about and his pride as a demon. Did he just abandon all of that for a fling, he even dumped his 2 year old daughter for a brat with no life experiences and only lived in comfort and her dream world?

Even Japan, which has a lot of Chiho fans raged because of how horrible the ending was handled.
    Tbf, I don’t care what Wagahara chose as an end ship as long as he built up to that ending. But with all the character development and building he put in his characters. Especially Emi got so much attention towards her story. And her ending is she is stuck on earth instead of being able to go back to Ente Isla because Alas=Ramus would otherwise grow up without seeing her father.

I used to be neutral towards Chiho but after Wagahara turned her into the ultimate whiney mary sue she lost any kind of respect I used to have for her. She has nothing to do with Ente Isla. The story kept talking about how Maou and Emi were supposed to save it. Which makes sense, since Maou is the Demon King and Emi is the representative of the humans as the hero. But they get a random high school to solve it and she immediately gains everyone’s respect? This is what I expect from fanfiction written by a 12 -year old. Chiho had 0 character development in the whole story and everyone around her keeps catering to her while Chiho never thought about what’s important to the others. Hatamaou was so good in the beginning with its humour and Alas=Ramus and development, but then the quality kept dropping. As a writer myself, I feel insulted with that half assed development. It feels like he just wanted to throw a fit and abruptly ended cuz Wagahara lost interest in his story.

I read a theory on reddit about vol 21 being a publicity stunt and they also predicted season 2. I honestly hope that theory is correct. Otherwise it’s going to do a lot of damage to Wagahara’s career.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Khalala, Bella94, apero_01 and 7 others like this.
  4. Mandyj

Mandyj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly not gonna lie...I'm really freaking unhappy with maou ending up with chiho ...really thought emi was endgame. I shipped them so hard. My ship was top line and painted too. But you know what, I got greedy. I got Naruto and hinata, ichigo and orihime, Raku and chitoge, and a few others, so I was bound to have a failed ship... it happens..

I like homegirl as a side character but never wanted her to be endgame...ahh well.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  5. Mandyj

Mandyj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well said and expresses my sentiments and thoughts.

Bella94, seemanta, Sabruness and 2 others like this.
  6. Lemmy17

Lemmy17 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s the Last Jedi of LNs but this is way worse because it had build up. So yikes

Sabruness likes this.
  7. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this. It’s hard to accept that Maou ending up with Chiho!:blobpopcorn_two:

Bella94, seemanta, toneta and 2 others like this.
  8. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that is so upsetting WTF, I got spoiled on the youtube comments on the season 2 trailer lmao, but thats better because I would hate to watch all a'that for it to end this way:blobawkward:

Bella94, seemanta, toneta and 3 others like this.
  9. FujoNeesan

FujoNeesan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the anime and manga and was excited with the second season coming up but when i learned about the ending of the light novel, i was very much upset. I srsly thought Maou would end with Emi...i mean the manga was fairly going to that direction (with Alas Ramus and all) ತ_ತ just why...

Bella94 and seemanta like this.
  10. Dewux

Dewux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That ending killed me. I think many who loved Hataraku will agree on this but the reason why many hated the author was not simply because Maou made Chiho his wife but because he wasted all of that development between Emi and Maou. Like over the course of their time together, they were able to set aside their difference; Emi was beginning to rely more and more to Maou and Maou was beginning to care more and more for Emi (even their friends admitted to this and ofc, it led to Chiho to throw a fucking tantrum)and it seemed like it wouldn't stop there but ofc, the author just had to fuck up the ship that we had been expecting!!! Like FUCK! Chiho in the entire series was a self-insert female lead who coincidentally got involved with the affairs in their world in 3/4 of the story but that remaining 1/4 somehow the author fucking made her the heroine of the story, the savior of their world!!! It's like the author wants to make her worthy of being with Maou...

Bella94, saix2, toneta and 1 other person like this.
  11. satosi wagahara

satosi wagahara New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, calm down everyone. It's actually Emi won to Chiho, cause Maou and Emi already a family since Alas=ramus acknowledge them as her parents. They are already husband and wife, while Chiho has not confirmed if she will become Maou's wife, Right now, they're just dating. Maou and Emi just want to make Chiho happy for a while.
    Think, when Chiho said about Emi was actually like him, Maou did shocked and thinking about Emi's kiss. That means he actually cared about how Emi treat him, then, Maou realized, he shouldn't marry Chiho cause it will hurt Emi and he still care about his child. That makes sense, when Chiho said she want to marry Maou with the wedding plans, Maou negate it, with not enough money reason cause he still have to pay his child refering fees, and many other expense.
    Imagine, after a few years over and Alas=ramus grown up, she realized that Chiho want to become her papa's wife. Alas=ramus will be so angry, and keeps arguing with her dad, mama and Chiho, that papa should have Emi is the only wife cause papa and mama must be always together to care about me, and not with other mama. Mama also always crying and jealous inside her heart with Chiho. Maou shocked, think that how dumb he was for not realizing this. At the end, Chiho give up, she realized she hurt Emi and Alas=rumus deep, she apologize, then left them as a true happy family.
    So, Maou with Emi at the end. The Vol 21 ending scene just to make Chiho worthy, it should add some story like i just write.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    ReaderReader, saix2 and TaoTie like this.
  12. ligoshi

ligoshi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am glad i stopped reading mid way to wait for the ending ..can burn it all now X_X how can he not end up with Emi. Was one of my fav ships

agreed

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  13. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    Wth did I just read??? All my wishes and hopes came crashing down. Chiho? Seriously?? The f*ck did Emi do wrong? If Emi wasn't the one then why the heck did they had so much chara development and even a freaking daughter?! If Chiho was the endgame why did author even give us so much hope about Emi's ship?! Is this a joke?! Chiho is one of the most Mary Sue character I've ever seen. F*ck her kindness or whatever, she didn't even see what Maou did in Ente Isla, of course she'll take the side of her crush (who's actually so strong and cool and just saved her goddamn life)! She doesn't even do much except for supplying limitless kindness to everyone. Emi was my only ship but I'd take anybody else, even harem ending instead of this sh*t! Ah crap! I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!! ARRGGHHHH!!!

14. weltingfang

weltingfang Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So chiho actually won i honestly did not see that coming i mean the build up with Emila was shown time and time again so it actually surprising.

15. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what actually worse, to celeberate the completion of LN. They sell this

Attached Files:

16. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i was going to pick it up again. Now i am happy that i decided to look for spoiler about the romance.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  17. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read up to vol 20 and just ignore every part with Chiho.
    That what I did to be able to read vol 21 because I really care about Lucifer.
    Believe me, the story still make sense without her, maybe even better because she is God (Mary Sue).

Dreamingflower likes this.
  18. iwan44

iwan44 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea... I would have preferred is hero and the devil ended up together... Chiho was that annoying childhood friend character that usually doesn't stand a chance.

saix2 and Solracmar like this.
  19. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    My girl Emi got robbed. Chiyo even though Maou has a child has those real life mistress qualities (the other woman) not waifu. Those type of girls who takes a man with a family. I really resent and hate those types.

20. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Mistress is still better than Chiho.