Spoiler Marriage of the Di Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by HC, May 14, 2019.

1. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I read this, but I remember MC is legitimate daughter (both in 1st and 2nd lives). Her 2nd life dad (Jiang family) just happens to be an as*hole. Her 1st life dad was (and is) a good dad, but he only makes his appearance later in the novel.

Jiang family ends up in ruins for the most part -- that one daughter and her concubine mother get karmic justice (bad ends). Jiang-dad's career is ruined so I guess that's his bad end.

No need to low-key think about it lol, MC was definitely too in love with/good to her ex-husband in 1st life. She was a good wife whose only bad luck was wedding a bad husband who was a hypocrite -- in order to climb up the social ladder, he and the princess hired someone to rape and ruin MC's reputation, then kill her later after she faded out of sight. She's smart, yes, but people have huge blind spots sometimes when it comes to those they love. Plus the ex-husband was ridiculously good at acting noble, so it's no surprise MC didn't know she got set up until she died. also seriously, just who does that to their wife???

ML is definitely way better to MC. Somewhere near the end of the novel, we learn that MC and ML met when they were young (1st life) and it was a case of missed chances -- at one point, MC was secluded in her house and lonely and ML stopped for a while just outside (I think he was listening to her sing). They never met face-to-face, though.

...But at least they were able to meet and get together in 2nd life! They're super cute together, especially in the extras. In one of them, after they got married, MC wakes up and discovers ML left bed to go buy them breakfast. There was this snack she mentioned she was interested in eating the day before in passing but he actually remembered and got it for her, standing in line and all. Loads better than the cheap ex-husband IMO. :aww:

2. iampheng

iampheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^thanks i really wasn't expecting anyone to answer!

scriptor likes this.
  3. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened with that Yin Zha guy at the end?
    Who is ML actually? Why he is helping the emperor in the backgorund?

So, ML wont be emperor, right? Nice, I kinda bored with all future emperor ML or the crown prince/next emperor of the foreign country or those omnipotent ML in this type of novel XD

Agree with @nigaria on SM and XJX. I also think, SM depends on him too much, and I dont rly like the way XJX always meddles with her plan even in the earliest part, after that slowly SM just....kinda depend on his power instead *facepalm.

eagerreadergirl likes this.
  4. nigaria

nigaria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Regarding the second part you are completely right. Fang Fei was way too in love with SYR, she was very intelligent but she knowingly put herself in a lesser position and held him as her first priority out of love. She knew that she was downgrading herself, she was aware of all she could be if it weren't for trying to catter to the Shen family, but still she chose herself to live that way. Later on there is a part that mentions that when ML was asked if XFF was pretty (she was known as the most beautiful in the capital) he said she wasn't beautiful at all, and the reason under that statement was bc despite her being such a smart person she decided to 'live like a dog' for love.

And I think Jiang Youyao is JYB's daughter but it's been more than a year since i read the novel, and knowing what a vixen Ji Shuran is it could be possible that she is illegitimate... idk too long ago to remember >.<

kurohamukami, stumblmer and rock.doll like this.
  5. Purple Iris

Purple Iris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. JYY is JYB's daughter. It was only the unborn child that JSR killed to frame JL that was the illegitimate child.

rock.doll likes this.
  6. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading MDD I too felt that SM relied on XJX on the latter half of the novel but if we think about it, it's reasonable. After all, unlike the inborn genius XFF, SM was not really intelligent or brought up well. It was later through experiences and lessons that she smartened up. And even if she did learn to calculate people, it was all by relying on her knowledge from past life. PL himself stated that both Mei Furen and SM were calculative but the latter lacked ruthlessness owing to her military lineage. This was seen from how Qin Princess wanted her humiliated but SM only wanted her dead, it was later XJX who gave the Qin Princess a shameful death. Also during her time in Great Liang, SM does not scheme others even though she knew that the Lu family and Ye family probably wanted her dead. It was only Mei Furen whom she schemes when she escapes to Ming Qi.
    Compared to SM, I felt that XFF was somewhat OP when it came to brains and schemes. Her calculations were just too perfect.
    All in all, both SM and XFF have their own charms and those flaws are what makes their characters. Both of them are outstanding MCs in their own rights.

stumblmer, Krystynah and Uncopyright like this.
  7. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a random thought. Not mentioning our great Emperor XJX and his sons, the emperor of this novel was the most decent of all of the other emperors of this author. Though he did make me want to thrash him in the end for separating the MC and ML for a period of time to test MC's feelings, he was not half bad.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    stumblmer, rock.doll and Jaikly like this.
  8. blazikens

blazikens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question, how exactly did Ji Shuran cause the death of the original Jiang Li's mother? I mean, she wasn't married in at that point...

a_b likes this.
  9. Anamoly

Anamoly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup.. I too would like to know...
    @Purple Iris Please share your knowledge...

a_b likes this.
  10. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Ye Zhen Zhen was killed by Ji Shuran. Basically Ji Shuran was unofficially engaged to someone else but sadly his family fell out of nobility and they were degraded to commoners. Since the two families did not make the engagement official, the public had no knowledge of this but Ji Shuran loved her original fiance. So basically when it's all broken clean between them, Ji Shuran views it as him betraying her, so she sought vengeance on him by wanting to marry a husband with higher rank.
    At that time Jiang Li's father was the most prominent figure to gain momentum in the court so obviously he became the target of Ji Shuran's crazy plans. After Ye Zhen Zhen gave birth to Jiang Li, Ji Shuran let her people poison her slowly, so that it appears that she died from post pregnancy. (I read too long ago, so I've forgotten whether she sends spies in Jiang family or buys the servants there. But yes, she is the one who kills Ye Zhen Zhen.)

kurohamukami, stumblmer and a_b like this.
  11. Anamoly

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow.. That is one crazy woman.. I mean you had to kill his wife to marry him and you don't even love him. Psychopath...

@Purple Iris Thank you

12. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not surprising though considering the status of females in those days.
    Jiang Li and other females in the novels are often likened to flowers but I personally feel that females in that time were more similar to bonsai plants. The dwarfed plant is an artificial creation of human will. It may appear beautiful to some but it is a deformed plant. Similarly, the females then looked pretty but were mentally twisted. Like bonsai plants, females had to habituate to society's ethos and accept it and mould themselves accordingly. So even though Ji Shuran was crazy it was only the cause and effect of the environment females were forced to grow in. In a way, she was also a tragic character that deserved a tiny bit of pity.

It wasn't much. In fact, I should be apologising for my late reply. I was busy with all the assignments piled up due to lockdown.

13. Anamoly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha ha.. No worries.. I was doing the same..

14. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    iirc Ji Shuran deliberately have miscarriage and send Jiang Li to the temple because she cheated her husband and get pregnant with other people right?

Purple Iris likes this.
  15. Gum_Drops

Gum_Drops Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I found Shen Miao to be a more realistic MC because all the calculations she made was based on her previous life's knowledge that is why she was afraid of how life would be when her knowledge of the future comes to an end. Also I would also hold her parents accountable for her end in her first life because no matter how I look at it no 'good' parents would practically abandon their extremely young child, a daughter at that, to people who aren't even blood related to them with the expectations of her being raised properly. Keeping in mind, Shen Miao's mother had found issues with and realized the old lady had some bad traits. If you have issues with someone and noticed a lot of bad qualities in them .... why tf would you leave your little daughter to be raised by them? Shen Miao's mother, not because I am stereotyping based on gender but based on the historical timeline, could've stayed at home and taken care of her daughter at least for the first 7 years. In fact, they basically led their daughter to her death using a feather, like yeah I get you didn't want her to grow up in the army but really???. On the other hand, XFF, I wouldn't consider a genius because she basically grew up in the presence of her father, she grew up with all the love and nuturing necessary. She had someone to teach her everything. Shen Miao didn't, How much love could the Shen's give Shen Miao when more than half the time they were not at home with her and it was only late in life that she really learnt anything at all. Whereas XFF would've learnt from young don't judge a book by it's cover, XFF death in her first life could of been avoided if she wasn't so blindly in love. In my opinion, she was simply stupid, genius my ass, she needed a second chance at life to correct her first life's mistake. Shen Miao was also stupid but she was understandably stupid, it was her against the world and she was brought up to think the world was for her. When she relied more on the ML, she deserved it, She fought all her life, she was schemed against and defeated in the previous life and reborn to scheme again. She never experienced a stable home or love in both lifetimes. Her relaxing was owed to her. XFF grew up in a stable environment, her father didn't want her to marry to the man but she insisted. Yes Shen Miao's parents also didn't want her to marry that stupid prince but the difference is Shen Miao's parents weren't qualified to warn her because they dumped her for their enemies to raise and expect her to respect them. The Shen's were stupid, naive and straightforward. With or without Shen Miao they would've died a tragic death in the first life. Shen Miao reborn and had to take care of her entire family. She literally couldn't get any support from them. She was fighting alone. How could XFF compare? Genius my ass. She can't carry a flame to Shen Miao in terms of character and her change was to abrupt. How does a rookie at scheming defeat all these professional schemers and never suffer a loss? Shen Miao wasn't new to scheming, she had experience and she had memories. XFF just reborn 3 days after her initial death and became a genius schmer overnight.

Purple Iris and stumblmer like this.
  16. Gum_Drops

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, based on the plot Malicious Empress of Military Lineage covers all base. You cannot even think of anything or any part of the plot and not know the answer to any question you may have.Even the villains had depth, they were not brainless or stupid, they were just pure evil and had Shen Miao not known the future she would of died countless times. On the other hand, Marriage of the Di daughter just had idiots left, right and center, the schemes were just so-so, the first scheme with the nun, just think about it, the nun is aware that what she was doing is wrong, it's a secret rendez-vous and important guest was at the temple. In Malicious Empress of Military Lineage, an enemy maid would normally do the screaming right where the group of madams would pass. However, in MDD, the nun did the screaming and revealed her own short comings. Keeping in mind these monkeys normally visit the temple. Like it ain't nothing new to see monkeys in the temple so wtf you screaming for? Are you that desparate to let everyone know about your rendez-vous? Plus this scheme would of failed if wasn't for luck according to XFF. Shen Miao never relies on luck. Plus the rebirth stories cannot compare. Shen Miao's is understandable, the red string and everything but how tf does a little potted plant I recommend you read Princess Wei Yang or Return of the swallow or Legend of the concubine's daughter Minglan. MEML and princess wei yang can be considered more ruthless females, lengend of the swallow is average in terms of ruthlessness whereas Lengend of the concbines daughter is on the opposing side of the spectrum, adopting a more nice, vibrant ambience.

Purple Iris and stumblmer like this.
  17. Purple Iris

Reading List:
    Link
    Princess Wei Yang is a classic, I love that. However, what really makes me boil in anger in these stories is that, they all expect females to be gentle and sweet and whatnot. So does that mean that they have to sit back and wait for others to scheme them and make their lives miserable? What is more funny is that when the FLs retaliate against their enemies, those men would always call females ruthless and vicious. I hated LCL's family who thought that it was reasonable for them to scheme against Wei Yang because well, because she deserved it? The same goes with Shen family. Oh, how I wanted to enter the book just to strangle those hypocrites. Ill fated consort was so so. Yes, JR was merciless in her schemes, but to be honest, I didn't feel all the villains really got what they deserved. I mean that disgusting Emperor got an easy death, if you ask me. After all the shit he was responsible for putting both ML and MC, he still had no remorse nor guilt. He was still a self centered, selfish and self righteous asshat. Yet, he dies from simple poisoning.

Gum_Drops likes this.
  18. EthereaL27

EthereaL27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks your spoiler explanation was so good that I stopped reading it halfway and started to read the novel from the very first chapter

19. Gum_Drops

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, the death of the bad guys is supposed to be tragic that you almost want to feel sorry for them. Princess Wei Yang and Malicious Empress of Military Lineage gives that satisfaction. Their families irk me, like a female that y'all consider 'weak' is the one protecting y'all dumbasses so why view her as evil? No, she is not evil, she is just doing what y'all failed to do.

Purple Iris likes this.
  20. shosa ha

shosa ha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi.. Can anyone tell about Zhou yan bang the Ex fiancee MC, after rape accident and married life.. Or did he make revenge to MC??